PDA

View Full Version : Horry says Lakers won't pick up contract

mavsfanforever
06-30-2003, 09:33 PM
Link (http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2003/0629/1574530.html)

Horry says Lakers won't pick up contract

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com news services

Forward Robert Horry told ESPN that he expects to become a free agent when Tuesday's June 1 deadline arrives.

Horry said the Lakers, the team he's played for the past 6-1/2 seasons, will opt not to pick up his contract on Monday. The earliest Horry can sign with another team is July 16.

In 11 NBA seasons, the 6-10 Horry has averaged 9.1 points and 6.2 rebounds. But he's hit some big shots during the playoffs, and has played on five NBA title winners.

MavsFanFinley
06-30-2003, 09:38 PM
If the Lakers want to get back to the team they were a couple years ago, they need to make changes. No surprise Horry won't be returning.

I can see him returning to Houston for the vet minimum.

mavsfanforever
06-30-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
If the Lakers want to get back to the team they were a couple years ago, they need to make changes. No surprise Horry won't be returning.

I can see him returning to Houston for the vet minimum.

Thats actually scary. He would be an excellent addition to the rockets team. They need guys who can defend. Van Gundy is a good defensive coach. They have probably future best centre of the league. They have one of the best SG in the game. They have every piece.

jayC
06-30-2003, 09:42 PM
I could see him here. He could stay on the bench and play 15 minutes a game and maybe make a huge contribution in the playoffs. Aka Walt Williams, horry would be an upgrade say at the end of the bench.

Tony tha Mavs fan
06-30-2003, 10:03 PM
I'd take horry just for his defense, everytime the Lakers and Kings play , he gives Chris Webber fits. I'd take him for the vet minimum if possible.

Nash13
06-30-2003, 10:13 PM
The ONLY reason i would choose him is b/c he would be a steal for our 1.5mil exception.

aexchange
06-30-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by: Nash13
The ONLY reason i would choose him is b/c he would be a steal for our 1.5mil exception.

i'd probably do the same. you can never have enough vets who have won and hit big shots before. horry is the perfect nellie player. can defend, can play a little point forward, and can hit the wide open jumper.

he'd be a dynamite addition for the $1.5M.

cookies_n_mavs
06-30-2003, 11:34 PM
Hmm. Interesting

I wonder where he will go

Mandyahl
07-01-2003, 12:11 AM
for the $1.5 mil, horry would definitely be an upgrade over anyone we have at the end of our bench. i would do it.