PDA

View Full Version : Ewing joins Vangundy

mavsfanforever
07-03-2003, 12:42 AM
Link (http://www.msnbc.com/news/934106.asp)

Ewing joins Van Gundy in Houston

Former Knicks center will be assistant for new Rockets coach

ASSOCIATED PRESS

HOUSTON, July 2 — Patrick Ewing and Jeff Van Gundy are together again. Now, they’re both coaches. Van Gundy, the new head coach of the Houston Rockets, hired Ewing as an assistant on Wednesday. Ewing was the star center under Van Gundy with the New York Knicks.

Nash13
07-03-2003, 03:26 AM
Haven't ya'll noticed that failure follows Ewing. It comes from New York, to Seattle, to Orlando, to Washington, now it's about to be Houston.

Mandyahl
07-03-2003, 04:37 AM
well, we will see if houston fails. i think they will be a good team next year though.

mavsfanforever
07-03-2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by: Nash13
Haven't ya'll noticed that failure follows Ewing. It comes from New York, to Seattle, to Orlando, to Washington, now it's about to be Houston.

Or may be the success New York had by going into conference finals and finals was solely due to Ewing.

Drbio
07-03-2003, 11:19 AM
I'll go the other route. I think this move puts a little fuzz on Ming's nutsack. Ewing should be able to be a positive influence on the Mingster.

Nash13
07-03-2003, 02:23 PM
For the last 3 years, Houston has been considered to be a playoff team. I don't see Ewing really helping them considering the fact that he didn't help in Washington at all.