PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio and Indiana Trade?

aexchange
07-03-2003, 09:18 AM
Stephen A. Smith was on the Best Damn Sports Show this morning saying that the Pacers and Spurs are in discussions that would possibly send Brad Miller to the Spurs for Tony Parker in return.

thoughts?

Ummmmm Ok
07-03-2003, 09:31 AM
If the Spurs Signed Kidd, why wouldn't San antonio do it? Would definately make the Spurs a better team.

madape
07-03-2003, 09:33 AM
Of course would hinge on San Antonio getting Kidd. I don't think that's going to happen.

MavsFanFinley
07-03-2003, 10:23 AM
That would be a crime if the Spurs could sign Kidd and add Brad Miller this summer.

However, they're not trading Parker until they have Kidd's signature.

Dooby
07-03-2003, 10:31 AM
If they get Kidd, this makes an awful lot of sense for both parties. SA will still be under the cap enough to just take on Miller's extra salary without invloving other players. It solves potential luxury tax problems for the Pacers if they keep O'Neal and they get Parker, which is a plus obviously.

Evilmav2
07-03-2003, 10:39 AM
Tony Parker doesn't make enough money to make this deal work, and San Antonio doesn't really have any overpaid salary cap baggage to send along with him to Indiana, to allow them to aquire Miller in sign and trade...

I think Jackson is just using his accustomed, over-active imagination again (he was the guy who really invented and pumped up that theoretical Jordan-Pippen-Webber-C. Barkley lineup for the Wizards a couple of years back)...

mattyd
07-03-2003, 10:40 AM
Oh, no. The Spurs with Miller and Duncan up front would be a beast...

of course, this all hinges on Kidd signing in S.A.

jayC
07-03-2003, 10:43 AM
People overvalue parker. The dude didn't come off the bench and claxtons the guy that changed that series. Miller for Parker yeah thats a fair trade but parkers makes close to nothing and millers not going to take much less then 5 million. Have to add fillers for this one to work. rose and parker for brad miller, croshere and artest. Parker may have started the series with the spurs but he sure didn't finish it that was claxton. Don't be suprised if they do it anyway. The spurs still could sign second tier pgs gilbert arenas and andre miller.

Dooby
07-03-2003, 10:46 AM
Don't need filler; SA is under the cap.

seelenjaeger
07-03-2003, 10:48 AM
Evil - this won´t be much of a problem since SA will be under the cap a bit.

Mandyahl
07-03-2003, 03:09 PM
wow...that would be a great trade for san antonio, especially if they can sign kidd, too. please no, please no.

Hitman
07-03-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by: Dooby

It doesn't matter if they are under the cap -- all salaries have to match each other within 15%.

mavsfanforever
07-03-2003, 07:00 PM
i will be the happiest person if this trade goes down. Parker makes peanuts and kidd will make max. Yes, they will upgrade their PG position but I always though Parker did more damage to mavs than Kidd. Let them waste their money.

aexchange
07-03-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by: Hitman

Originally posted by: Dooby

It doesn't matter if they are under the cap -- all salaries have to match each other within 15%.

not true. only if teams are either at or over the salary cap do salaries have to match within 15%.

since san antonio is dramatically under the cap, they can theoretically take back an amount of salaries up to their salary cap limit and could in return send back a merry minimum to indiana if both parties desired.

Just211
07-03-2003, 10:11 PM
Miller is unrestricted, right? Why wouldn't SA just sign him if they want him, and trade Parker(if they so desire) for someone else restricted.

mavsfanforever
07-03-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by: Just211
Miller is unrestricted, right? Why wouldn't SA just sign him if they want him, and trade Parker(if they so desire) for someone else restricted.

Let us see how much Parker earns. 3 mil in two years. Now tell me you wanna trade him?

Just211
07-03-2003, 10:24 PM
i wouldn't trade him, I wouldn't go after Kidd. I would go after O'Neal, Miller, Olakandi.
Also if I was the Spurs, I'd go ahead and try to extend the contracts of Parker and Ginoboli(if possible)