PDA

View Full Version : Robinson Suspended 3 Games

MavsFanFinley
07-03-2003, 08:02 PM
NBA suspends Robinson after assault conviction

[i]Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Atlanta Hawks forward Glenn Robinson was suspended for three games without pay by the NBA on Thursday after being convicted of assault and domestic battery.

The suspension will begin with Atlanta's first game of the 2003-04 season.

Robinson was found guilty in May of domestic battery and assault for an altercation with Jonta French, his ex-fiancee, in her Chicago Heights home. Prosecutors said Robinson pushed and threatened French last year.

Robinson was sentenced to one year of probation and ordered to undergo anger management counseling. He also must complete five days of service in a work program run by the Cook County Sheriff's office.[i/]

Mandyahl
07-03-2003, 10:35 PM
ooooh what a harsh punishment.

mavsfanforever
07-03-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by: Mandyahl
ooooh what a harsh punishment.

This is the punishment given by NBA. I am sure you are aware of that.

Mandyahl
07-03-2003, 10:46 PM
no it also said the actual punishment, too. one year probation.

mavsfanforever
07-03-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by: Mandyahl
no it also said the actual punishment, too. one year probation.

That does not mean he will miss one year of the season. he will only miss three games. BTW that anger management program is a joke. It was given to Ruben Patterson after he raped the nanny. I do not remember him missing any games.

Mandyahl
07-03-2003, 11:28 PM
i get that he doesn't miss the year. that's why i was sarcastically commenting on the harshness of the punishment.

Usually Lurkin
07-04-2003, 10:17 AM
I read the thread title, and first thought it would be about David Robinson's punishment for stepping onto the court during the Reaf LaFrentz scuffle. That would be funny - saving his suspension till after he retires.

Mandyahl
07-04-2003, 02:43 PM
i thought that for a second too.