PDA

View Full Version : Any UTD folks here?

djb
08-15-2001, 01:01 PM
Just wondering. I'm heading over to UTD's admissions now to try and get a late app in. Can't believe I'm going back to school..and to UTD i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif Oh well..I think I just had way too much fun at SMU..now I think I actually have to study and stuff i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif There's like a million science classes I have to take before I can get my med school app in. ARGH!

On a brighter note, for the first time in the history of EVER (in Murph's words - i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif) I'll finally be older than everyone else in my class!

LonestarROB
08-15-2001, 01:58 PM
One of my friends just graduated from there, I think i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif . UTD or UTA, I always get them mixed up. Anyway, he's into all that internet/website design kinda stuff.

djb
08-15-2001, 02:02 PM
It was probably UTD if he was interested in computer science/programming. That's the field I'm pretty much looking to get out of. Too competitive, not much room for growth, and not enough jobs to go around. Though if you're a hardcore programmer, you should be able to pull $100-180/hour easily. My mom actually called me earlier to ask why I don't go into programming..heheh.

NotEnuffEyesToSee
08-16-2001, 05:49 AM
100-180 bucks per hour easily ? that sounds great !!!
I'm interesting in programming and networking ... and HAND drawing
just for fun i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif tho ...

madape
08-16-2001, 11:01 AM
I got my undergrad degree in C.S. from UTD. Its a pretty good for C.S. and E.E... the best in the metroplex. Its a hell of a lot cheaper than SMU, but its nowhere NEAR as fun. The girls are horrid and if you want to go to a party you have to throw it yourself.

djb
08-16-2001, 11:49 AM
Gawd I went to apply yesterday as a grad student and holy crap I totally don't want to go! I swear SMU totally spoils you..hell the UTD campus looks like a piece of crap! Yea yea this is all superficial shit..but madape's right..not a single damn good-looking girl to be seen! Hopefully once classes start I'll just focus on studying and working (noticed there's a hospital and a gym down the street).