PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Spare currently in the NBA

grbh
09-12-2003, 12:35 PM
With the release of Rigeadeau we may have to look elsewhere.

Is Sundov still with the Pacers?

Murphy3
09-12-2003, 01:05 PM
Wang
i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

irontoad
09-12-2003, 01:16 PM
1st place - Travis Knight.

Runner up - Chris Dudley.

madape
09-12-2003, 01:47 PM
I think the Lakers have this category wrapped up. Take your pick from the following eight wonderful NBA athletes:

Ime Udoka
Jamal Sampson
Stephane Pelle
Maurice Carter
Eric Chenowith
Koko Archibong
Jannero Pargo
Stanislav Medvedenko

My vote goes for the glory that is Koko Archibong

http://espn.go.com/media/pg2/2002/0313/photo/archibong.jpg

dirno2000
09-12-2003, 02:58 PM
Vin Baker...or Esch

Probably not the worst players, but Baker cried when he got a DNP-CD against Dallas. I'm still upset that I was forced for watch Esch the last two years (when he played)

That's the hidden beauty of the Goldern State trade. I no longer have to watch Esch at the end of the bench laughing with that blonde guy while he cashes 3 mil a year in checks becasue we overreacted to losing another spare, Calvin Booth. Thank you Gary St. Jean

madape
09-12-2003, 04:07 PM
Keep in mind that Eschmeyer truly was injured last year. It's not fair to criticize him because of injury. If it were, you could claim that Grant Hill is the worst player in the NBA over the past three years. Esch actually puts up world class rebound per minute numbers. Go check his stats from two years ago. When healthy, he's a very servicable backup center in the NBA. It's too bad he was injured, we could have used his physical presense and rebounding last year.

dirno2000
09-12-2003, 04:45 PM
Great rebounds per minute. Physical banger. Injured last year.

Sounds like Danny Fortson.

I know why Hill has been hurt. He tried to play on his ankle when he shouldn't have to help his team (that he was leaving) win a playoff series. Esch has averaged less than 10 minutes per game for us, so why is he always hurt? When he played the year before, he spared everybody to death by shooting 42% when he rarely left the paint, and averaging .29 bloocks. He did have good rebound #'s but Slava Medvedenko (who was rightfully on your spare lise) averaged 10.8 rebounds per 48 minutes. And at least Slava can shoot.

You obviously know the game, but you have some strange alliances.

Evilmav2
09-12-2003, 04:47 PM
http://dallas-mavs.com/forums/i/authorsicons/angry.gif vs http://dallas-mavs.com/forums/i/authorsicons/angry.gif?

Murphy3
09-12-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by: dirno2000

I know why Hill has been hurt. He tried to play on his ankle when he shouldn't have to help his team (that he was leaving) win a playoff series. Esch has averaged less than 10 minutes per game for us, so why is he always hurt? When he played the year before, he spared everybody to death by shooting 42% when he rarely left the paint, and averaging .29 bloocks. He did have good rebound #'s but Slava Medvedenko (who was rightfully on your spare lise) averaged 10.8 rebounds per minute. And at least Slava can shoot.

You obviously know the game, but you have some strange alliances.

10.8 rebounds per minute..that's pretty damn good...najera-like numbers

EricaLubarsky
09-12-2003, 05:39 PM
10.8 rebounds per minute..that's pretty damn good...najera-like numbers

Thats a rebound every 2.8 seconds. That is all-star calibrei/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif