PDA

View Full Version : If the BUCKS SIGN MASON- its over in the EAST!!!

reeds
10-23-2001, 07:49 PM
that will be the final piece to their puzzle. The only thing the Bucks lacked was "nastiness" and rebounding..Well, now they just added both if they Sign Mason. Im not saying they will win it all, but I am saying they will be much much TOUGHER. Class of the East? YES. Can they take the LAKERS? I doubt it?lol..but i can dream......

madape
10-23-2001, 09:00 PM
Mason will make the Bucks much much worse. Between Cassell, Big Dog, and Mason, who has the bigger ego? I can't tell. They'll be at each others throats by the all-star game. Cassell will wind up refusing to pass to ANYBODY! Hehe, I hope that TNT televises a whole bunch of Bucks games this year.

Fidel
10-24-2001, 04:29 AM
The Raptors are still there, they should be pretty tough to beat this year.
I wouldnīt count out the sixers too, and hope that the hornets will be in it again (behind the great play of Baron Davis).
Also orlando with Hill and McGrady will be a force.
So I think it will be wide open in the East, even if the Bucks do singn Mason.

reeds
10-24-2001, 10:19 PM
Actually Madape- that does worry me somewhat. There will be LOTS of egos on that team- and only ONE ball. Hopefully Karl can make all the heads fit in one locker room and on one court. Time will tell.

10-25-2001, 06:54 AM
Did they sign him now or not?

10-25-2001, 06:56 AM
I think it'S done!

dallmav
10-25-2001, 06:27 PM
I have to disagree with you madape, Anthony mason just made the bucks #1 in the east. Its not his ego and attitude that is the problem there, its cassel that has the problem. He is pissed off that he doesnt make enough money, boo hoo. If they all play together, they will win the east hands down.Anthony Mason is awesome. He is what we needed to win a championship in Dallas. He is a double double night in and night out. Im sorry to those who disagree with me, but if we had him instead of howard, we have enough ass, grit attitude to overtake the lakers.

madape
10-25-2001, 10:49 PM
Its easy to be mistaken about Mason, his numbers are inflated due to extensive minutes.
For instance, he averaged 9.6 rebounds per game, but only 11.4 boards per 48 minutes. That accounts for only the 48th best average in the league. Our own Shawn Bradley was able to grab 14.6. Also, Mason was playing center for most of the year last year. You know that if he played PF his rebound numbers would go down. Consider again that he was playing in the eastern conference where the average center is about 6'9". Those rebound numbers would go down even FURTHER if he were to play in the west. If he was the starting PF for the Mavs, I'd bet he'd get about 25 minutes a game and about 5 boards.

And as for interior toughness, I don't give a damn how much the guy can bench press, its not going to keep Shaq from knocking him down like a 6'8" bowling pin. Trent can bench press a lot too, but it doesn't keep him from sucking.

I think I already mentioned the fact that Mason won't be able to score this year, but double that fact if he played in the west. He might have an OK year if he can keep his ego in check, but the thought of him in a Maverick uni just about makes me want to puke.

Big Boy Laroux
10-26-2001, 08:25 AM
he's definitely a cancer. we'll just have to wait and see what happens in milwaukee.

He didn't complain last year because he was miami's #1 option.

not to be picky, but brian grant played center for the heat last year. he actually didn't do that bad, even though he was playing out of position.

reeds
10-30-2001, 06:20 PM
His body is much more than that of a "bench-presser". The man has shoulders like bowling balls, and one of the biggest asses in the game. He is a major presence inside. Of course Shaq could push him around- but who else could? Shaq is a freak of nature. He WILL help the BUCKS

Murphy3
10-30-2001, 11:23 PM
reeds, as much as i think you suck, i agree..
mason will definitely help the bucks
good call

madape
11-05-2001, 12:17 PM
latest on the Buck implosion:

Anthony Mason is complaining . . . about his team's defense. Coach George Karl agrees but said Mason could have a similar beef on offense. The big three aren't getting him the ball enough. "As time goes on, he'll be more assertive," Karl told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "I just think right now he's trying to be polite. He sees guys who have been a big part of what we've done. When the ball is inside the game is simple, the game is good. We've got to get him a few more touches, a few more penetrations."

TheKid
11-05-2001, 12:20 PM
Uh oh, this is where it starts coming apart.

reeds
11-06-2001, 06:23 PM
their off to a good start- thats all I can say. they got off to a terrible start last year, so we shall see...

madape
04-11-2002, 03:38 PM
Pre-season Mason predictions gone awry (somewhat)

Epitome22
04-11-2002, 03:52 PM
Who said that average center in the Eastern Conference is only 6'9? what crack are you smoking?

Murphy3
04-11-2002, 04:46 PM
well, i don't know why, but the bucks didn't mesh.. i also thought that they would be the top team in the east (not that it's saying much)

reeds
04-11-2002, 06:10 PM
ok- i was wrong. I will admit it. How many people saw this coming???NO ONE. They had some injuries, but I wont make any excuses. THEY SUCK

Murphy3
04-11-2002, 06:35 PM
reeds, i bought into it as well

MavsFanFinley
04-11-2002, 07:39 PM
I think everyone bought into for the Bucks in the preseason.

A LOT of people were wrong on this and it is a big surprising. Not meshing, injuries and all the losing has caused frustration and a meltdown for a team that had high expectations.

MFFL
04-11-2002, 08:14 PM
A very good veteran coach might lose his job in the offseason because of this bunch. The Bucks make the Blazers looks like well-adjusted choirboys.

Drbio
04-11-2002, 10:31 PM
MFFL- is that really possible? whoa..

MFFL
04-11-2002, 10:34 PM
It's far easier to fire a coach than the players. How many Blazers got fired for last year's flop? None, but the head coach was fired.

Drbio
04-11-2002, 11:03 PM
LOL...I meant could anyone make the Blazers look like choir boys...i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif