PDA

View Full Version : Heat signs F-C Cherokee Parks to one-year deal

madape
10-01-2003, 10:03 AM
MIAMI - Free agent Cherokee Parks signed a one-year deal with the Miami Heat on Tuesday, one day before the team officially opens training camp.

The 6-11 Parks, who can play both power forward and center, spent last season with the Los Angeles Clippers and averaged 6.3 points and 4.4 rebounds in 30 games.

"He's a very good shooter, very long, a good passer from the high post," Heat coach Pat Riley said. "We like his ability to be able to get up and down the floor a little bit. At this stage, with what is left out there, we feel very fortunate that we could get a veteran with experience who plays two positions."

Miami is Parks' seventh team in nine NBA seasons, during which he has averaged 4.4 points and 3.7 rebounds in 460 career games. His signing pushed Miami's training camp roster to 18 players.

Parks is the second inside player Miami has signed in the final days before camp. Center Ike Austin, who played three seasons with the Heat in the late 1990s, returned and signed a new deal with Miami on Monday.

Dooby
10-01-2003, 10:08 AM
I wonder where Stepania will land.

Drbio
10-01-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by: Dooby

Europe?

MavsFanFinley
10-01-2003, 10:18 AM

I think Sacramento will be his new home.

Dooby
10-01-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley

I think Sacramento will be his new home.

No way.