PDA

View Full Version : Oggy to the Nuggets

Hitman
10-01-2003, 06:55 PM
Serbian free agent Ognjen Askrabic is close to signing a deal with Denver, according to his agent Delic. It doesn't specify whether the contract is guaranteed or just a camp invitee, but he should be in Denver either on Friday or Monday.

http://www.b92.net/sport/nba.php?nav_id=120859&dd=01&mm=10&yyyy=2003&style=texts

Nugs could be something special in a few years if Melo, Skita and Oggy all pan out.

We know Nene is good and they will have cap space next summer. The West keeps getting stronger.

Drbio
10-01-2003, 07:05 PM
Kiki V strikes again.

MFFL
10-01-2003, 07:38 PM
I wouldn't have minded seeing Oggy here but we have a surplus at his position now.

EricaLubarsky
10-01-2003, 07:50 PM
This guy sounded like he could be a rockin SF....or another Rigadeau. Who knows? It seemed like Nellie had the inside loop on him, so maybe Nellie already passed on him. He shouldn't rock the power balance at all this coming year. I just don't want to hear columnists commenting on losing another tall player.

Bayliss
10-01-2003, 07:57 PM
I'm not sure why Kiki would sign him. They have Melo, Nene, Skita who need quality minutes at the 3/4 position. And that's not even including guys like Yarborough (who surprised people last year), and Rodney White who will take minutes away from the SF position.

I used to think Oggy would be a decent pickup for the Mavs. But everything I read about him is he is an undersized power forward with no small forward game. And I'm not sure that is what we need. Not too many teams do benefit from it.

Simon2
10-01-2003, 08:07 PM
At least we finally get to see what this guy is all about. We'll see if he is NBA material.

EricaLubarsky
10-01-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by: Simon2
At least we finally get to see what this guy is all about. We'll see if he is NBA material.

yeah, Im intrigued by what he can do. Ill watch the Nugs a couple of times to check him out if he gets playing time.

jayC
10-01-2003, 08:23 PM
A good signing for the nuggets. Don't really see where he fits in though. So much for Utah though they could have used a guy like Oggy with their ownly significant move is keon clark you know there in trouble.

one long blue sock
10-01-2003, 09:11 PM
Great sign for the Nuggets. Maybe great 2 last draft picks. ( Melo, Nene) Position: filled!

MavsFanFinley
10-01-2003, 10:23 PM
Strange deal with Oggy.

Just a couple years ago the Mavs were really high on him. The interest just dropped off, there must have been a reason.

FilthyFinMavs
10-01-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
Strange deal with Oggy.

Just a couple years ago the Mavs were really high on him. The interest just dropped off, there must have been a reason.

I agree. The Nelsons rarely take a eye off of a guy just out of the blue like that. They saw something they didn't like.