PDA

View Full Version : Newsweek article about Kobe

WayOutWest
10-06-2003, 10:16 AM
http://www.msnbc.com/news/976158.asp?vts=10620030708

Didn't know it had gotten that bad at home before the rape incident. The reason behind the Bryant's own 911 incident was news to me.

Looks like Kobe's found out the problem with posse's.

It does shed some light on the subject, bad light IMO.

Drbio
10-06-2003, 10:27 AM
The more you hear the worse it gets. I've been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I just can't anymore.

Shaq Attack2
10-06-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by: Drbio
The more you hear the worse it gets.

There's nothing new in that story that hasn't already been revealed.

I've been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I just can't anymore.

I don't know what to believe, no definitive evidence of rape has been revealed yet.

Chicago JK
10-06-2003, 01:36 PM
Wow good read. BTW, isn't this passage standard for everyone? I thought this is how everyone does it.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
In fact, Kobe may have missed out on some valuable career advice heíd never get from Jerry West. NBA players, like rock stars, have lots of groupies, and it isnít unusual to find plenty of action after the game. But there are also rules of conduct off the court, and players usually swap the doís and doníts over dinner after a game. Rule No. 1: Let your crew approach the woman first, to size her up. One baller makes his bodyguards spell out in plain language to potential one-night-stands what the nightís activities will entail. If she hesitates, sheís turned away. Rule No. 2: Give nice parting gifts. One NBA star is known to travel with a treasure chest of diamond tennis bracelets to hand to conquests in appreciation.

LRB
10-06-2003, 01:48 PM
Whether Kobe is guilty of rape or not remains to be seen. Hard to definitely judge a man without hearing all the evidence. But things don't look rosey for Kobe. Whether or not he's guilty, one thing seems for sure is that he has some major issues in his life that he needs to deal with.

All I hope is that the trial is fair and that justice is done. If he's guilty, then he should be punished. If he's inocent, then he should go free. I just hope the trial doesn't become a media circus like the OJ trial.