PDA

View Full Version : Problems in Houston

dirt_dobber
10-15-2003, 11:01 AM
Eddie Griffin did not make a flight and did not call
and missed the game against SAC.

Van Gundy critizing several players after a loss to N.O.

VG also trying to instill a definsive mentality that does'nt
fir that team.

and there are several other probs.

Still can't forget "Franchise" mocking the Mavs after every
time they lost to us. Who else did the Mavs sweep last year?

Then we put up 60 W's .... HA!

madape
10-15-2003, 11:25 AM
http://images.chron.com/content/news/photos/02/08/16/ming.jpg

The Ming Dynasty is about to begin in Houston. It's time for Van Gundy do put an end to this crap and do what needs to be done. Griffin should be relegated to bench duty. Mobely should be iced out of the offense. Come on, Panda-man. Force Francis to feed the giant the rock! Watch him crush and smash!

DNNF
10-15-2003, 03:51 PM
rumors in houston radio that they are interested in Penny Hardaway in exchange for Cutino Mobley. This would move Francis to 2 guard where he belong.

dirno2000
10-15-2003, 03:57 PM
It would be a good move for them if Penny's knee's will hold up. If your going to play Franchise at the two, a big pg would be good. Cutino Mobley shoud be somebody's 6th man.

Evilmav2
10-15-2003, 04:03 PM
That would be a good move for Phoenix as well. It is high time to open up some more PT for talented and developing Joe Johnson...

MavsFanatik33
10-15-2003, 04:51 PM
This trade would work out for both teams, I think Houston should go for it. If anything, just feed YAO the ball!

MavsFanFinley
10-15-2003, 06:51 PM
I hate trades that work for both teams. I like to be able to ask what so and so team was thinking?

The problem with Houston is that everybody but the players know Yao has to be the go-to guy.

LRB
10-15-2003, 06:57 PM
The problem with Houston is that everybody but the players know Yao has to be the go-to guy.

Oh I think that they know MFF. They just don't want to act on that knowledge because it might take away from their precious stats. As dumb as a fence post as is Stevie Francis and company, I can't believe they don't realize that the team would be better off if Yao got the ball more. Of course it might cost them a shoe commerical or something. Francis and Mobley just feed off each other in a negative fashion. The best for Houston would be to split them up. If they could get someone with the talent AND the willingness to play PG that would be great. Francis has the talent, he just could care less about doing the smart thing unless it makes him look good.

MavsFanFinley
10-17-2003, 12:02 AM
Rockets suspend Griffin indefinitely after missing practice

October 16, 2003

HOUSTON (AP) -- Rockets forward Eddie Griffin was suspended indefinitely after he failed to show up for practice before Thursday night's exhibition game against Sacramento.

The suspension came a day after coach Jeff Van Gundy met with Griffin to discuss another no-show. The third-year player missed the team's flight to Sacramento on Monday night.

``He didn't show up again today, so we suspended him for conduct detrimental to the team,'' Van Gundy said Thursday. ``Hopefully, he'll get himself together and get back and rejoin us soon.

``He's an integral part of what we're trying to do and yet what's going on is totally unacceptable.''

Griffin told the Houston Chronicle on Wednesday that he missed the trip because of personal reasons. Griffin skipped a home game last season, too, and gave the same reason when he returned.

Van Gundy said he knows the source of Griffin's problem but would not discuss it. He said Griffin would remain away from the team until the issue was resolved.

Griffin was the seventh overall pick of the New Jersey Nets in 2001 and was traded to the Rockets for three first-round draft choices. He has averaged 8.7 points and 5.8 rebounds per game in two seasons with the Rockets.

Rockets sign forward Anthony Miller

October 16, 2003

HOUSTON (AP) -- The Houston Rockets signed forward Anthony Miller on Thursday.

Miller has career averages of 2.8 points and 2.7 rebounds in 179 career NBA games over seven seasons with the Los Angeles Lakers, Houston, Atlanta and Philadelphia. He averaged 12.6 points and 9.8 rebounds last season for the Yakima Sun Kings of the CBA.

LRB
10-17-2003, 12:05 AM
What are the Rockets trying to prove that they are on the Lakers level? At least in dysfunctionality. I guess it's really good for the Mavs that they're such a bunch of headcases. They have physical talent, but mentally a lot of that team is still in 3rd grade.