PDA

View Full Version : Big Mac

LonestarROB
11-12-2001, 04:02 PM
He's Retiring. Guess his body just couldn't hold up anymore. Don't know why, all he ever had to do was Walk around the bases. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Murphy3
11-13-2001, 12:45 AM
bye..don't let the door hit you in the face on your way out.
heaven knows it's ugly enough as it is...take sammy sosa with you while you're at it....
anything you can do with jorge posada?..i've heard enough of his bitching and whining since the yanks lost the series.

LonestarROB
11-13-2001, 11:10 AM
Wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning Murph? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

I thought it was funny how he said he was retiring because he couldn't perform at the level of his salary anymore. So now he's gonna sit on his butt at home collecting it doing nothing. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

reeds
11-14-2001, 06:46 PM
I give the man credit. there are many players in the game that would have kept playing. ONE for the money- and two, for the numbers. He could have easily got to 600 home-runs! How many players have done that??? Aaron,Ruth,Mays and I think thats it? That is impressive. I dont really care for the guy either, but man, you got to tip your hat to him anyway...

Flying Tiger
11-14-2001, 07:37 PM
I agree with you reeds. I didn't always respect him as a person, but I always have and always will as a player. I thought it was kinda ironic that he retired on Sammy Sosa's birthday.

TheKid
11-15-2001, 10:56 AM
Well I respect what he did on the field as well, but I sort of started disliking him this year with some of his comments about Bonds and his comments about Conseco coming back. He just seems to think his shit doesn't stink and that's kind of wrong in my opinion. However, I'm sure there are plenty of people who would have just took the money, so you have to respect that.

Murphy3
11-15-2001, 05:09 PM
he has always been a whiner..always thought he was better than everyone else.
i've never liked the guy..most of his teammates have never liked him
i'm sure the st louis cardinal players are glad to see him gone