PDA

View Full Version : Van Exel has arthroscopic knee surgery

MavsFanFinley
10-20-2003, 07:01 PM
Damn. I was wanting to see his reaction to facing the Mavs for the first time.

Van Exel has arthroscopic knee surgery

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) -- Golden State Warriors guard Nick Van Exel underwent arthroscopic surgery on his left knee Monday in Dallas.

He is expected to miss three weeks.

The 31-year-old Van Exel, acquired in a trade with the Mavericks in August, hurt his knee during practice Oct. 13 and has missed the team's past two exhibition games.

Van Exel has had surgery to clean loose particles out of the same knee and returned to the doctor who performed the original procedure.

``We're encouraged that the extent of the damage was minimal,'' Warriors general manager Garry St. Jean said. ``Hopefully, he'll be back on the court before too long and begin to demonstrate the positives that he will provide our team.''

With Van Exel sidelined, the Warriors signed free agent point guard Tierre Brown. Brown, 24, began the 2003 preseason with Atlanta and appeared briefly in two games before being waived on October 17.

Drbio
10-20-2003, 08:10 PM
Is it certain that he will miss the Mavs game?

LRB
10-20-2003, 09:10 PM
Boy were we ever lucky to have traded NVE when we did. I love Nick but like almost every NBA star his body is starting to break down with age and wear and tear of playing in the NBA.

10-20-2003, 09:50 PM
ugh... i had him on my fantasy team, but fortunately got Marbury beforehand

MavsFanFinley
10-20-2003, 11:14 PM
Is it certain that he will miss the Mavs game?

It's not set in stone, I guess. The game is 2 weeks away from Wednesday and from all reports he'll miss 3 weeks.

Drbio
10-21-2003, 11:17 AM
That is a bummer. I wanted to see him play against us.

LRB
10-21-2003, 12:00 PM
Well hopefully NVE will be well for the other games against us.

grbh
10-21-2003, 02:14 PM
Didn't he have his knee scoped before the beginning of last season. If so, anyone know if it is the same knee?

LRB
10-21-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by: grbh
Didn't he have his knee scoped before the beginning of last season. If so, anyone know if it is the same knee?

grbh I think the article is saying, although it's not totally clear, that he was having surgery to clear out particles from last year's surgery.

MavsFanFinley
10-23-2003, 02:55 PM
I'm glad I get to see the Mavs play in less than a week, but good grief, there isn't going to be anyone of interest on the GS side.

The league has suspended Jason Richardson 3 games so he'll be out along with NVE now.

bogey
10-23-2003, 03:03 PM
GS is in for a long long year.

MavKikiNYC
10-23-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
I'm glad I get to see the Mavs play in less than a week, but good grief, there isn't going to be anyone of interest on the GS side.

The league has suspended Jason Richardson 3 games so he'll be out along with NVE now.

Troy Murphy.

MavKikiNYC
10-23-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by: Drbio
That is a bummer. I wanted to see him play against us.

Steve Nash heaves a massive sigh of relief.

MavsFanFinley
10-24-2003, 10:50 PM
It just keeps getting better and better.

Not only will NVE and Richardson be missing from the game against the Mavs, so will Troy Murphy. He's out for 2 weeks with a foot injury.

I probably won't see much of the starters in this game now. i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

Lvubun1
10-24-2003, 10:53 PM
G.S was my sleeper pick to get the 8th seed but now with all these injuries I don't know.

MavsFanFinley
10-24-2003, 11:18 PM
GS may have a chance if they don't have such a slow start like last year. They really came on last year, but it was a bit too late.

Looks like Murphy and NVE will be back in action in the 2nd week of the seaon. 3rd week at the latest. Richardson will be absent just 3 games while he serves his suspension.

They will have to battle.

Mandyahl
10-24-2003, 11:20 PM
oh man, this sucks. the game's not going to be very good from the golden state side at all. but the mavs should be fun to watch...less than a week!

Lvubun1
10-28-2003, 06:16 PM
G.S didn't place him in the 5 day IL and he might suit up for the Mavs game but probably won't play.