PDA

View Full Version : Blazers sign free agent center Vladimir Stepania

Big_Dog
10-23-2003, 03:28 PM
October 22, 2003
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- The Portland Trail Blazers signed free agent center Vladimir Stepania to a multiyear deal Wednesday night.

Stepania played last season for the Miami Heat, averaging 5.6 points and seven rebounds.

The 7-foot-1 center was a first-round draft pick, 27th overall, by the Seattle Supersonics in the 1998 draft. He also has played for the New Jersey Nets.

The Blazers are expected to start 6-foot-11 veteran Dale Davis at center. The team also has 7-foot Ruben Boumtje Boumtje on its roster.

Stepania was expected to join the Blazers in time for their opener at Utah on Oct. 29, the team said.

Salary terms of his deal were not released.

So much for signing him...

LRB
10-23-2003, 03:29 PM
There is already a thread about this in around the NBA.

Max Power
10-23-2003, 03:30 PM
Donnie obviously didn't want him and I trust in Donnie.

sike
10-23-2003, 03:35 PM
this really is not mavs talk...more around the nba

madape
10-23-2003, 03:40 PM
I don't know, I've heard Boutros Butrous Gali has a pretty wicked hook shot. Stephania may be third string.

sike
10-23-2003, 03:44 PM
thats true Ape, and back in his day, I heard Nixon could kill it from the outside...all day!

MavsFanatik33
10-23-2003, 05:08 PM
This will help out Portland, they need something after losing Pippen.

bogey
10-23-2003, 05:09 PM
I was hoping these annoying Stepania threads would die.

aexchange
10-23-2003, 05:16 PM
stepania is not a mav.

he's not even a former mav.

there isnt even a mav mention in this article. for future reference, please post similar threads in around the nba.

MavsFanatik33
10-23-2003, 05:21 PM
Get him moderator!

Max Power
10-23-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by: aexchange
stepania is not a mav.

there isnt even a mav mention in this article. for future reference, please post similar threads in around the nba.

This is a little arbitrary. There were a lot of fans who felt Stepania should have been signed by the Mavs so this topic IS related to the Mavs.

I didn't see any interruption in the flow of Mourning, Mutombo, or Malone threads even though there was very little connection to the Mavs in any of them.

Just because you have to power to move a thread doesn't mean that you have to use it.

aexchange
10-23-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by: Max Power

stepania is not a mav.

This is a little arbitrary. There were a lot of fans who felt Stepania should have been signed by the Mavs so this topic IS related to the Mavs.

I didn't see any interruption in the flow of Mourning, Mutombo, or Malone threads even though there was very little connection to the Mavs in any of them.

Just because you have to power to move a thread doesn't mean that you have to use it.

this is a really silly answer. seeing as how it had nothing to do with the mavs in the article.
any malone, mutumbo, or mourning threads are being posted here as well.

let us analyze what the general mavs section is.
"dicuss anything and everything mavs related."

so i ask myself:
1. is vlad the impaler a mav?
no.
2. is there even a mention of the mavericks in the article?
no.
3. are there any mav related quotes or tidbits even remotely?
no.

if we were to leave every silly article about any potential free agent that might sign with the mavs, anything jason kidd, mutumbo, kobe bryant, etc. would be left in the mavs forum.

end of discussion.

Max Power
10-23-2003, 09:09 PM
end of discussion.

Whatever.

bogey
10-23-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by: LRB

THis is probably the key point in this thread. I wish folks would look around a little.

Max Power
10-24-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by: bogey

Originally posted by: LRB

THis is probably the key point in this thread. I wish folks would look around a little.

The guy has been on the board for about three weeks - it takes time for people to learn the ropes. Big_Dog probably thought he made it a Mavs discussion by adding his comment at the end.

This should have ignored or at least handled with pms. But as so eloquently stated by aexchange - "end of discussion"