PDA

View Full Version : Laimbeer to join NBA broadcast team

LRB
10-23-2003, 03:42 PM
Wonder if he'll be better than Barkley or Walton?

Laimbeer to join NBA broadcast team (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/basketball/nba/10/22/laimbeer.espn.ap/index.html)

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- Former Detroit Pistons player and current WNBA champion Detroit Shock coach Bill Laimbeer has joined ESPN as a studio analyst for the 2003-04 NBA season, the sports network announced Wednesday.

Laimbeer and Philadelphia Inquirer columnist Stephen A. Smith will appear on the Kia NBA Shootaround pregame show, which generally will lead into ESPN's Friday doubleheaders. They will be teamed with host Kevin Frazier and analyst Greg Anthony.

Laimbeer, who won NBA titles with the Pistons in 1989 and 1990, is credited with saving the Shock franchise.

Laimbeer also has spent the last two seasons as an analyst on Pistons telecasts in the Detroit area.

Copyright 2003 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

bogey
10-23-2003, 04:02 PM
He will undoubtedly be better than Timmy "Oh my God" Hardaway.

TripleDipping
10-23-2003, 04:09 PM
Does this mean Hardaway is canned for good?

PRAISE THE LORD!

u2sarajevo
10-23-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by: TripleDipping
Does this mean Hardaway is canned for good?

PRAISE THE LORD!

That was kind of mean, TD, comparing a former Maverick to a canned good. i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

Actually, I like this also. He was a bit annoying at times.