PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Lakers/Clippers game

dirno2000
10-23-2003, 11:19 PM
Kobe looked good considering what he's been through. He's not getting the same elevation on his jump shoot, but he shot it pretty well. He looked tentative going to the basket though. The lost weight seems to be helping him on defense. He was his same ball hawking self. The point Forward may be a big player Tuesday if Phil puts Kobe on Nash as he sometimes does. His length and quickness gives Steve problems.

With Payton they are pushing the ball more. I'd love for them to try that against us. They gave up a lot of offensive rebounds. I would blow it off since it's pre-season, but I've heard Phil comment that Shaq and Malone aren't pursuing the ball well.

I'm setting the over/under on spontaneous "KOBE" chants at the Staples Center at 3.5.

Murphy3
10-23-2003, 11:21 PM
shaq looks extremely active

the lakers are going to be scary this year

dirno2000
10-23-2003, 11:24 PM
He does, that's why I hope they get into a track meet with us. I wouldn't count on it though. Malone shot so much in Utah that I forgot what a good passer he is.

bogey
10-23-2003, 11:26 PM
If Shaq is mobile from losing that weight....the league had better beware.

grndmstr_c
10-23-2003, 11:34 PM
I'm setting the over/under on spontaneous "KOBE" chants at the Staples Center at 3.5.

Put me down for over. Way over.

ocelot_ark
10-23-2003, 11:51 PM
The NEW Shaq just blew a WIDE OPEN fast break dunk....

LOL...LOL...LOL

Evilmav2
10-24-2003, 12:11 AM
Big Chris Kaman is looking darned, darned good out there...

Murphy3
10-24-2003, 12:14 AM
yes, evil..yes he is

ocelot_ark
10-24-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
Big Chris Kaman is looking darned, darned good out there...

Yeah, someone should pick him up for our fantasy league...oh wait...too late

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

ocelot_ark
10-24-2003, 12:17 AM
I'd like the record to show that I added him on October 18th.

Shaq Attack2
10-24-2003, 12:22 AM
Yeah, Kobe looked very good, but clearly he needs to get his legs back. Should take about a month or two.

Defense in that game was fine up until the 2nd Half, where it just plain blew. Maybe the Lakers camp fodder was a distraction in the 3rd quarter, couldn't really tell. Clippers looked great, I'm impressed with their atheltic rotation this year. Lakers may have trouble with those atheltic rotations this season. It depends on how much Kobe improves this year.

Shaq Attack2
10-24-2003, 12:24 AM
"He kept telling me that he was a legend, so I told him that I wanted to be famous," Fortson said. "I want to get notorized just like he is. That's basically how we got into it. But it was out on the court, nothing personal. The referee saved his butt tonight, probably from embarrassment."

-Danny Fortson on Shaq-

LMFAO!

rakesh.s
clippers looked good..like the team they were two years ago

malone playing dirty in the preseason..somebody needs to hit this guy in the mouth a couple times

i got maggette on my fantasy team as a starting sg..hopefully he'll be okay i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Murphy3
apparently, the clippers must believe in addition by subtraction

they did look pretty good tonight

Simon2
10-24-2003, 07:09 AM
Watched the game a little bit. Looks like the Lakers will be hard to stop. I don't remember but has Payton posted Nash before? Malone looks good. Mavs let that one get away.

Maringa
10-24-2003, 07:48 AM
Sometimes I wonder what would have happened to the Lakers had Malone signed with the Mavs....Would Payton have signed with them? Perhaps the mavs chances of a title went away when they tried to pursue Mourning...sigh!!!!

Murphy3
10-24-2003, 08:17 AM
Well, if Malone had signed with the Mavs..perhaps jamison is still added
i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif and payton

DNNF
10-24-2003, 08:18 AM
Watched most of the game last night. I would thought there would not be enough shots spreading around for these 4 hall of famers. But Malone and Payton are happy to pass the ball and they pass them very well. Their defense is kinda off and allow many driving in by the clippers, but their offense looked really good. Lakers will be hard to stop baring any setback to injury and kobe's trial.

MavsFanatik33
10-24-2003, 09:01 AM
I like how Clippers have finally left the STAPLES center, it was dumb to have both teams in the same stadium. Not we need the Jets/Giants to get the picture.

WayOutWest
10-24-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33
I like how Clippers have finally left the STAPLES center, it was dumb to have both teams in the same stadium. Not we need the Jets/Giants to get the picture.

FYI: Clippers still play at Staples.

Lakers looked good on offense the whole game. Their defense was soft in the 1st half and just sucked in the second. Some of it might have to do with fatique or maybe getting bored. When the Lakers decided to step it up the Clips had answers.

I've watched about 6 Clipper games so far and Magette has really impressed me, I think he's going to be awesome season next year. Does anyone else notice how high he gets on rebounds? He really stands out on the boards.

Kayman is doing to be a solid player, he abused all the Portland big men in their pre-season meeting three weeks ago, although defensively he's not very tough. He must have pretty big hands because he handles the rock with one hand on his offensive moves like a pro, hard to control the ball like that with only one hand unless your hand is huge.

dirno2000
10-24-2003, 12:46 PM
I've watched about 6 Clipper games so far and Magette has really impressed me, I think he's going to be awesome season next year. Does anyone else notice how high he gets on rebounds? He really stands out on the boards.

He's an incredible athlete. In the 1st quarter he got an offensive rebound, took one step and dunked it in traffic. He looked like a power forward when he's actually kind of short for a two guard.

sike
10-24-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by: Murphy3
the lakers are going to be scary this year

I would like to cast vote for Murphy3 in the category of very obvious understatement of the year....

ALSO: I think the over under should be "how many minutes of the game will the not be chanting "KOBE"???? which my answer would be: only the minutes he is not in the game!....

PUNK kobe...still looks sooo darn good!