PDA

View Full Version : "Let the Truth be told"?

ReDIRKulous
10-24-2003, 04:41 PM
Is it just me or is this new "tag line" for the NBA on ESPN and TNT incredibly lame? Especially having Shaq and LeBron James saying it. Maybe if it was Spike Lee or something it wouldn't be so bad.

Also... do the Mavs get one of those commercials? Will Dirk be on there and the little kids making fun of the Mavs hair, D and calling them soft? lol

Shaq Attack2
10-24-2003, 04:46 PM
I don't think they're too bad. The LeBron one is funny and the Shaq one is kinda lame.

Mavs won't get one, just as the Kings and Spurs won't get one (soon at least). Hype gets all the attention you know.

ReDIRKulous
10-24-2003, 04:52 PM
The part that bugs me is when they have the players saying "Let the Truth be told" like when they comeback from commercial and they have them say some kind of lame dialog. Like LeBron said somehting like "I am here now.. and I am going to get it-done or something like that. Just the line "let the truth be told" sounds really bad. It is like comical to me. lol

I did see when they were showing the making of those commercials one kid looked like he might have had a Mavs jersey on. But probably not.