PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies' Dickerson Retires

MavsFanFinley
10-25-2003, 12:49 PM
What a shame. The guy was good, but injuries kept him off the court.

Grizzlies' Dickerson retires because of injuries

October 25, 2003

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) -- Memphis Grizzlies guard Michael Dickerson retired from the NBA on Saturday after a five-year career that was stalled by injuries.

Dickerson averaged 15.4 points and 2.6 assists in 212 games with the Houston Rockets and the Vancouver/Memphis Grizzlies. But he played in only 10 games the past two season because of health problems, including a serious groin strain.

``This is a sad day for me,'' Dickerson said. ``I am grateful to the entire Grizzlies organization for their unwavering support and encouragement throughout my career and especially the lengthy process to attempt to rehab my injuries.''

A member of Arizona's 1997 NCAA championship team, Dickerson was selected by Houston in the first round of the 1998 NBA draft. He was acquired by the Grizzlies in a 1999 trade.[/i]

dirno2000
10-25-2003, 04:47 PM
This guy was the key player in the Steve Francis trade. One of the worst moves I can remember. Not only did Stu Jackson draft him, knowing he didn't want to play in Vancouver, but then traded him without getting fair value.

jayC
10-26-2003, 09:47 PM
Maybe a poor choice but what would a:
Jayson Williams
Steve Francis
Stromile Swift
Paul Gasol
Lorenzo Wright,
Hell that would be a pretty good fantasy team.

I think it also proves that stevie francis is a very selfish player. I mean only to play in Vancouver 41 games a year, and live somewhere else wouldn't be that bad really.

ItalianMobbstah187
10-27-2003, 09:24 AM
This sucks...Michael has worked so hard the last couple of years trying to overcome these injuries. I wish him the best of luck in retirement.

madape
10-27-2003, 09:44 AM
Vancouver is a very nice city. I can't imagine why someone would rather live in HOUSTON. Houston is a garbage dump.