PDA

View Full Version : Why I pray for the Lakers' failure

dirno2000
10-27-2003, 10:05 AM
L.A. Times writers Mark Heisler and J.A. Adande. By far the biggest Mavs haters in the media. I read columnist from almost every NBA city and these guys are unreal. They're so cocky you would think they play for the team. The following is quote from Heislerís NBA Preview:

The Mavericks had 7-6 Shawn Bradley, 7-foot Dirk Nowitzki and 6-11 Raef LaFrentz and were still considered a finesse team in the West. Now LaFrentz is in Boston, and Dallas, which won 60 games last season, isn't considered an elite team.

I've always liked the Lakers but these guys annoy me so much that I now pray for their failure. I guess we all have our reasons.

ItalianMobbstah187
10-27-2003, 10:18 AM
Dirno, I'm right there with you buddy.... Adande is occassionally on 'Around the Horn' and I can't stand his arrogance.... he sucks up to Kellerman all the time by praising the Yankees and ripping the Red Sox.....he's a piece of garbage.....

GO MAVS!!

LRB
10-27-2003, 10:24 AM
Now LaFrentz is in Boston, and Dallas, which won 60 games last season, isn't considered an elite team.

Who considers the Mavs not to be an elite team? A couple of jackass writers? As if they EVER considered the Mavs an elite team. Most every respected basketball pundit considers the Mavs to be an elite team. The Mavs do have weaknesses, and how they handle those weaknesses will depend on whether they'll get a championship this year in the pundits opinions. I would tend to agree with this. However the LA Times would have to improve considerable to come up to the standards of the National Inquirer. It's not fit to wipe my @ss with. i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

EricaLubarsky
10-27-2003, 10:35 AM
Adande was on "around the horn" the day of the trade and he liked the trade. He said the trade gave the Mavs more firepower which is the only way they can beat the Lakers. He also said one of the understatements of the year when he said that Walker can make his own shot a little bit better than LaF.

It's a little confusing

dirno2000
10-27-2003, 10:42 AM
Maybe he had a change of heart. Late last year he wrote one of the most incendiary columns that I've seen about the Mavs. He basically called us a joke.

sike
10-27-2003, 10:45 AM
screw blinded-by-bias media!!!

bogey
10-27-2003, 11:01 AM
Yet another reason to wish the Lakers an 0-82 season. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Shaq Attack2
10-27-2003, 01:02 PM
Even Laker fans hate Heisler and Adande. Oh, and Plaschke especially.

Seriously, I don't blame you at all if you wish the Lakers the worst this season. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

dirno2000
10-27-2003, 01:14 PM
I knew I was missing somebody. I hate Plaschke too. Cocky Bastard

LRB
10-27-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by: Shaq Attack2
Even Laker fans hate Heisler and Adande. Oh, and Plaschke especially.

It's nice to know even Lakers fans have some taste. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

ItalianMobbstah187
10-27-2003, 01:45 PM
TJ Simers is the biggest ass-h$le of the bunch!

Chiwas
10-27-2003, 01:47 PM
and Dallas, which won 60 games last season, isn't considered an elite team.
Is he saying that he admitted that the Mavs were an elite team? It's an improvement for his short sight.

Or is he saying that the Mavs with 60 wins aren't an elite team? Moles would be less myopic.

MavsFanatik33
10-27-2003, 03:07 PM
We all pray for a Lakers failure dirno...

Misfit Mav
10-27-2003, 07:18 PM
The Mavericks had 7-6 Shawn Bradley, 7-foot Dirk Nowitzki and 6-11 Raef LaFrentz and were still considered a finesse team in the West. Now LaFrentz is in Boston, and Dallas, which won 60 games last season, isn't considered an elite team.

The thing that irritates me the most is that last season, guys like this would constantly deride Raef, depicting him as nothing but a soft 3-point shooter with no defense. Now they are acting as though Raef was the one player anchoring our defense, and we can never recover from his loss.

WayOutWest
10-27-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33
We all pray for a Lakers failure dirno...

I think that's the correct tactic since the Mavs don't have a shot, might as well ask the big invisible guy in sky for some help. Although once Kobe gets back into shape I doubt Jesus H. Christ will have much of a shot covering him. Maybe Goliath could be summoned to put a body on Shaq?

Will praying counter-act my Tina Turnerish chants for Laker success, if so I've got my Vodoo dolls and a big fairy tales book as a back up plan should the Sun gods fail me.

dirno2000
10-27-2003, 09:44 PM
I'd like to add WOW to my list.

Max Power
10-27-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by: dirno2000
I'd like to add WOW to my list.

He's on almost EVERYONE'S list.

Psychedelic Fuzz
10-27-2003, 10:03 PM
and he's probably about to get struck by lightning.

Max Power
10-27-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by: Psychedelic Fuzz

Maybe twice. (http://www.dallas-mavs.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=12943)

bogey
10-27-2003, 10:13 PM
Is that the pendejo list?

WayOutWest
10-27-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by: bogey
Is that the pendejo list?

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thank you bogey, but next time ask for permission before copying my posts.

Now, vete a la chingada and bring me back a couple of tacos al pastor while you're there.

WayOutWest
10-27-2003, 11:11 PM

FYI: the fires around LA started way before this thread or my comments.

Anybody see the "God is a Laker fan" commercial on Fox Sports Net? Are they doing one of those for every team or just the one's god has given the green light too?

ocelot_ark
10-28-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by: WayOutWest

FYI: the fires around LA started way before this thread or my comments.

Anybody see the "God is a Laker fan" commercial on Fox Sports Net? Are they doing one of those for every team or just the one's god has given the green light too?

They do them for every one. That's right. God is also a Toronto Raptors fan! YEAH!

kingrex
11-07-2003, 03:33 PM
The Lakers are a dynasty. I loved them in the Showtime 80's, and only rooted against them when they played against my beloved Mavs.

Now, however, a the new dynasty I hate them. But that is directly in proportion with how good I think that team is. I admire what they've done on the court, but wish failure everytime they hit the court.