PDA

View Full Version : Skita the Incredible Bulk

Dirk41= konsesjonen
10-27-2003, 05:04 PM
"What's the skinny on Skita? He's not so skinny any more. Nikoloz Tskitishvili has transformed himself from 7-foot, 214-pound stick figure into a 243-pound force, the Rocky Mountain News reports. Relentless weight training and a 4,000-calorie-a-day diet helped give the second-year player from the Republic of Georgia more heft. "There's that old expression that we had to put a life preserver around him so he wouldn't go down the drain in the shower," coach Jeff Bzdelik told the Rocky Mountain News. "Now we don't have to do that. He's built up his body to the point now where he feels good about himself." The Nuggets hope Skita will attack the rim more often, resulting in easier buckets and more rebounds and free-throw chances. "

Wow, that's a huge weight increase. Dirk's at 245 I believe. That ought to help Skita out.

bogey
10-27-2003, 05:24 PM
I heard he went on a weight gain/muscle gain diet. I know I read that somewhere. I read a lot of NBA columns from all over, but if I find it I will post a link.

grbh
10-27-2003, 05:28 PM
Well he certainly needed it, that guy was way to skinny. 30 pounds in the off season is very impressive, of course exagerration tends too happen in these type of articles. Regardless it sounds like a pretty significant improvement. Doc would be proud.

Avrillicker
10-28-2003, 04:32 PM
4000 calories ain't that much considering he was already weighing 214 lbs and going through a heavy aerobic/anaerobic training

LRB
10-28-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by: Avrillicker
4000 calories ain't that much considering he was already weighing 214 lbs and going through a heavy aerobic/anaerobic training

4000 calories is about 2 bites for Shaq.

Murphy3
10-28-2003, 04:45 PM
Wasn't Bradley on a 10k calorie diet while in Philly? I'm on a 3500-4000 calorie diet all the time. It really doesn't seem like that many calories for a professional athlete that's putting in alot of work..especially when he was already rail thin... But, apparently it worked.

and thanks for the one liner, LRB. You always overwhelm us with your 'contributions'.

Fah Q
10-28-2003, 04:50 PM
Damn Murph, cant we atleast mix humor with sports talk? LRB is known for his one liners but he also has alot to say about sports as well.

EricaLubarsky
10-28-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by: Fah Q
Damn Murph, cant we atleast mix humor with sports talk? LRB is known for his one liners but he also has alot to say about sports as well.

Whats up with all the testosterone and pissiness. I need to take a hiatus from it all. Sheesh.

*logout*

EricaLubarsky
10-28-2003, 04:54 PM

Fah Q
10-28-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky

Originally posted by: Fah Q

Whats up with all the testosterone and pissiness. I need to take a hiatus from it all. Sheesh.

*logout*

Pissiness? What was pissy about this statement?

EricaLubarsky
10-28-2003, 05:00 PM
sorry. I quoted the wrong person.

Rod1975
10-30-2003, 07:01 PM
Hopefully we'll get a good look at Niko tonight on TNT vs. the Rockets.
He's a very intriguing player, I'm not sure if he's got the low post game to be a true 4, it's most likely he'll be more of a 3 until he can aquire a post game.