PDA

View Full Version : Don't know if this is in the crazy trade category but.

Simon2
10-27-2003, 05:39 PM
What if the Lakers wanted to get rid of Kobe? Would you do a Kobe for Finley straight up? Think of it.

Kobe's future is uncertain. Kobe and Shaq can't co-exist. Kobe will be gone in a year.

Would the Mavs do it? Would the Lakers do it? If the Lakers had Finley, they don't get too much of a drop of production.

Kobe is a pain in the butt but he's a proven champion and possibly the best two guard in the game.

aexchange
10-27-2003, 05:41 PM
bye bye findawg.

hello lakers world champions.

ReDIRKulous
10-27-2003, 05:48 PM
I saw on some site they were talking about the same deal but for Dirk. Would Cube do that deal? That is a scary thought. Don't do it Cuban!

Simon2
10-27-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by: ReDIRKulous
I saw on some site they were talking about the same deal but for Dirk. Would Cube do that deal? That is a scary thought. Don't do it Cuban!

Not for Dirk since Kobe will be going to another team anyway. I'd do it for Fin or Jamison or Walker.

Blonde Bomber
10-27-2003, 05:51 PM
I don't do it for Dirk, but Fin on the other hand? You damn skippy. Kobe is leagues better than Finley, but the only thing that would hurt is chemistry. You would have then broken up the big 3.

grbh
10-27-2003, 05:55 PM
Of course the mavs do that in a heartbeat. The Lakers however never would, and not just because of the large talent drop off.

Would the Lakers really want to make a fellow championship contender better by giving them at top 5 player in the league. They could get just as much back, probably more from someone else in the league.

FilthyFinMavs
10-27-2003, 06:02 PM
Why would the Lakers do it? Thats all I have to say. Doesn't Kareem Rush have some sort of futrue in a Lakers uni?

Max Power
10-27-2003, 06:14 PM
Kobe for Iverson, maybe the Lakers blink. Kobe for Finley, not a chance.

one long blue sock
10-27-2003, 06:19 PM
The Mavs would never trade with the Lakers and vise virsa, teams that high don't usually trade with eachother.

Chiwas
10-27-2003, 06:35 PM
I think the Lakers want to trade him under the present circumstances, but I don't think Cuban would do it under the same circumstances.

(Besides, Sock has a point)

LRB
10-27-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Why would the Lakers do it? Thats all I have to say. Doesn't Kareem Rush have some sort of futrue in a Lakers uni?

Only reason that I could see is that Lakers think that is a good probability that Kobe will be convicted and serve at least several years behind bars and would want to get some value out him before it was too late. Since there definitely is not any public information that would indicate that this is the case, they would have to have insider info.

So no I would look a gift horse in the mouth and not do the trade.

jayC
10-27-2003, 06:46 PM
No way I am not trading with the Devil(LA.)

I think more of a kobe for tracy mcgrady. Kobe wants to prove he can be michael so he can prove it out east. T-Mac has never played with a productive big man.

MavsFanatik33
10-27-2003, 07:06 PM
Yeah, let's trade a classy guy for good ol' Chester the Molester, that'd be great. He might score a lot, but it'd be with the biker in the jailhouse....

Lonnie
10-27-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by: one long blue sock
The Mavs would never trade with the Lakers and vise virsa, teams that high don't usually trade with eachother.

In the east, Philly and NJ made the Dike/Van Horn Trade when they were they were both near the top and they were the two favorites to win the division. If it could happen with these teams it could happen with Cuban.

But with that said, i hope the mavs wouldnt do it. For all we know the only defense Kobe will be doin the next three years will be in some Eagle County prison shower. He also becomes a free agent.

MavsFanFinley
10-27-2003, 08:54 PM
I don't think the Mavs would make this trade actually.

They're not about to bring in a guy who thinks of himself before the team. You think Kobe doesn't believe he's better than Dirk? He believes he's more dominating than Shaq right now.

Kobe isn't about to be 2nd option, let alone 3rd or 4th on some nights.

BQuinn2210
10-27-2003, 09:01 PM
Dont drop the soap Kobes! I hope the mavs never trade for kobe because of the chemistry problems he would bring, the leadership finley gives the mavs, and that still doesnt solve our problems at center.

MattyAldas
10-27-2003, 09:02 PM
First of all shame on you for thinking the Lakers would get rid of Kobe for Finley straight up. Sure it sounds fine a dandy but its not a reality. Kobe is arguably the best 2 in the game (other than T-mac) but there is no way that La would sacrifice Kobe for Finley. Finley is not even top 5 shooting guards in the NBA. They might do something for Fin and a couple of pocks plus two more players but not straight up. You to understand that even though Kobe's future is uncertain he will probably not face any jail time and he will come back to the NBA and sign a hundred million dollar contract and then his wife will divorce him and take all of his money.

.................. That my story and I'm stickin to it!

jacktruth
10-27-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by: Simon2
What if the Lakers wanted to get rid of Kobe? Would you do a Kobe for Finley straight up? Think of it.

Kobe's future is uncertain. Kobe and Shaq can't co-exist. Kobe will be gone in a year.

Would the Mavs do it? Would the Lakers do it? If the Lakers had Finley, they don't get too much of a drop of production.

Kobe is a pain in the butt but he's a proven champion and possibly the best two guard in the game.

I think this actually belongs in the completely stoopid trades thread. If there is not one, start one.

FishForLunch
10-28-2003, 12:17 AM
At the 2 Kobe could play all he wants and when he rests Josh Howard can fill in. Kobe for Finely and Nash would be great. Just imagine how good our perimeter defense will be. Walker will be our point forward. I hope we hit the jackpot and get Kobe.

But as long as Kobe plays for the Laker I will root against him.

I think chemistry is all a bunch of huey, if chemistry was such a big deal why did the lakers win so many championships lately, dont tell me Jack Zen (overrated piece of shit) made it happen.

FineCubanCigar
10-28-2003, 02:39 PM
San antonio and Sac-Town

inter1488
06-27-2004, 02:21 PM
it is