PDA

View Full Version : NBA suspends Glenn Robinson

Max Power
10-27-2003, 06:37 PM
Monday, October 27, 2003
ESPN.com news services
The Philadelphia 76ers help open the NBA season Tuesday night, but newly acquired forward Glenn Robinson won't be there to help.

The NBA has suspended Robinson for the first three games of the season stemming from his being found guilty of domestic battery and assault against his former fiancee this past May, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported in Monday's editions.

Robinson, who was sentenced to one year of probation and was ordered to undergo anger management counseling, will miss the season-opener against the Miami Heat, and also will miss games at Sacramento and Golden State.

"I'm dealing with it fine," Robinson told the paper about the suspension. "I can't change it. It is what it is. So I'll just have to say that the first game of the season is a couple of days later than normal. I'll have to block it out. I'm just looking forward to getting past all this so I can go ahead."

Robinson will make his regular-season debut next Monday night when the Sixers face the Portland Trail Blazers. His first game in front of his new home crowd will come Nov. 5 against the New Orleans Hornets.

MavsFanatik33
10-27-2003, 07:17 PM
Is anybody in the NBA actually helping out the community, instead of hurting it?

Murphy3
10-27-2003, 07:26 PM
"I'm dealing with it fine," Robinson told the paper about the suspension. "I can't change it. It is what it is. So I'll just have to say that the first game of the season is a couple of days later than normal. I'll have to block it out. I'm just looking forward to getting past all this so I can go ahead."

Who gives a rats ass how you're dealing with it? What about your former fiancee that you beat? How's she dealing with it?

EricaLubarsky
10-27-2003, 07:38 PM
Who gives a rats ass how you're dealing with it? What about your former fiancee that you beat? How's she dealing with it?

exactly. Take a little responsibility, Rob.

LRB
10-27-2003, 07:48 PM
Doesn't sound like he's very sorry at all for beating her. Sad. Hopefully she won't be getting threats from the fans for hurting their team by reporting the crime against her.

MavsFanatik33
10-28-2003, 08:36 AM
He'll fit in just fine in the city of botherly love. He can beat ladies on the street while Allen Iverson shoots a gun off in the air to keep everybody back.

Rod1975
10-28-2003, 09:28 AM
I'm sure he, like Kobe, actually believes he's innocent.

LRB
10-28-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by: Rod1975
I'm sure he, like Kobe, actually believes he's innocent.

More likely he believe's he's innocent be she deserved it.

XERXES
10-28-2003, 11:32 AM
that is unpardonable...inexcusable...what an ass!

arsenalth9
10-28-2003, 05:39 PM
Wow, same old stories every day...

MavsFanatik33
10-28-2003, 05:43 PM
Everyody welcome arsenal, he's a good friend of mine.
One problem though, he's a blazer fan!

OutletPass
10-28-2003, 05:49 PM
It does take a certain degree of mental illness to do that, IMHO.

Let him go to prison or a psychiatric unit of one.

Sadly, I saw a bit of that in my child abuse prosecutions...and I just don't know that probation works.

Just my two cents.

irontoad
10-29-2003, 02:49 PM
Enough of this '1-3 game suspension' crap for players that do this kind of thing. I'm sick of pro athletes being able to get away with anything they want. The NBA should come up with a 10 game minimum suspension and a slap upside the head for the idiots that break the law. Thanks for being a positive role model, Glenn.

MavsFanatik33
10-29-2003, 05:59 PM
Couldn't of said it better myself irontoad.....

Murphy3
10-30-2003, 05:07 PM
"The kids still look up to me; they will always look up to me." -- Glenn Robinson, after being arrested for menacing his ex-girlfriend.

Psychedelic Fuzz
10-30-2003, 05:18 PM
"The kids still look up to me; they will always look up to me." -- Glenn Robinson, after being arrested for menacing his ex-girlfriend.

can someone please explain to this guy the difference between respect and fear

LRB
10-30-2003, 05:25 PM

Well he's like 6'8" of course they look up to him. But that doesn't mean that they respect him. Maybe he's just glorifying in being a bad role model.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

sike
10-30-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by: LRB

Well he's like 6'8" of course they look up to him. But that doesn't mean that they respect him. Maybe he's just glorifying in being a bad role model. i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

I REALLY DON'T HAVE MUCH TO SAY, I JUST WANTED TO POST AFTER LRB....HE'S A MOD YOU KNOW!