PDA

View Full Version : Official Kobe to Dallas Watch


V
11-01-2003, 08:03 PM
OK, I'll bite... I'm a new guy to this board... so I've been waiting... but who cares... given all this "big man to Dallas" talk in the Hitman thread about Walker vs. Jamison I have to say it...

The Mavs will not trade for an impact big man this year.

Guarantee: Kobe Bryant will be a Dallas Maverick by February.

My money is on a package including Jamison...

Murphy3
11-01-2003, 08:12 PM
the mavs section has officially hit an all time low

Shaq Attack2
11-01-2003, 08:28 PM
Will never happen. It could happen during the offseason next June, but definitely not right in the middle of this season. Shaq would have to pimp slap Kobe or something for a trade like that to happen.

Max Power
11-01-2003, 09:40 PM
Phil Jackson does NOT make mid-season trades. IF there is a move it will be in the offseason.

And the Lakers could get more for Kobe than just Jamison.

Simon2
11-01-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by: Max Power
Phil Jackson does NOT make mid-season trades. IF there is a move it will be in the offseason.

And the Lakers could get more for Kobe than just Jamison.

The feud is over. Kobe isn't going anywhere.

veruca salt
11-01-2003, 10:29 PM
Dooby where are you?

bogey
11-02-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by: veruca salt
Dooby where are you?

Seriously! Where is that flamethrower?

MavsFanFinley
11-02-2003, 12:26 AM
I'm not Dooby, but...

http://www.grunts.net/album/usmc/usmc43a.gif

LRB
11-02-2003, 12:41 AM
I don't know if a flame thrower is enough. Better call in a napalm strike.

http://www.picturehistory.com/images/products/1/2/9/prod_12961.jpg

Fah Q
11-02-2003, 12:46 AM
I'll give you a list of reasons why this wont happen

1. Cuban wouldn't trade for Kobe because of his trial
2. Jackson doesn't do midseason trades
3. The Lakers could get much more for Kobe than Jamison
4. Why would Cuban trade for someone that is going to opt out of his contract next year?
5. The Lakers wont trade with a close rival.


Now I would like to close with this has to be one of the stupidest threads/trades I have ever read since I've been here.

bogey
11-02-2003, 01:02 AM
ditto what Fah Q said.....

FilthyFinMavs
11-02-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by: Murphy3
the mavs section has officially hit an all time low


So true. I expect this during the offseaosn but no reason in the regular season for nonsense like this.

V
11-02-2003, 01:55 AM
I'll accept your criticism... and I'll even admit that -- given history & normal circumstances -- it's unlikely... but I want to go on record that this trade is going to happen...

Kobe is going to opt out... and the Mavs have more to give than anyone... plus Cuban is a maniac... so Bryant will be a Mav.

If I never contrinute anything to this board -- based on your reaction so far -- I epect full credit for calling this trade.

BTW - Give me a basketball reason why this won't happen... not some emotional "won't happen bs"

LRB
11-02-2003, 01:58 AM
http://store6.yimg.com/I/achdirective_1765_4326884

u2sarajevo
11-02-2003, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by: V
I'll accept your criticism... and I'll even admit that -- given history & normal circumstances -- it's unlikely... but I want to go on record that this trade is going to happen...

Kobe is going to opt out... and the Mavs have more to give than anyone... plus Cuban is a maniac... so Bryant will be a Mav.

If I never contrinute anything to this board -- based on your reaction so far -- I epect full credit for calling this trade.

BTW - Give me a basketball reason why this won't happen... not some emotional "won't happen bs"

For one, if he opts out of his contract it would take a sign and trade..... unless you really think Kobe will take the MLE..... i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

V
11-02-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo

Originally posted by: V
I'll accept your criticism... and I'll even admit that -- given history & normal circumstances -- it's unlikely... but I want to go on record that this trade is going to happen...

Kobe is going to opt out... and the Mavs have more to give than anyone... plus Cuban is a maniac... so Bryant will be a Mav.

If I never contrinute anything to this board -- based on your reaction so far -- I epect full credit for calling this trade.

BTW - Give me a basketball reason why this won't happen... not some emotional "won't happen bs"

For one, if he opts out of his contract it would take a sign and trade..... unless you really think Kobe will take the MLE..... i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

Nice try but Bryant is on record that he will opt out... so rather than loose him for nothing the Lakers will ship him to Dallas by February.

madape
11-02-2003, 02:08 AM
I don't want to trade anything for that disgusting rapist. Let him rot in prison and get anally raped on a daily basis for the rest of his life.

madape
11-02-2003, 02:10 AM
I don't even need to say how stupid this thread is. Reading this board, you get the pleasure of reading some of the most worthless, mindless crap. It never ceases to amaze me.

V
11-02-2003, 02:12 AM
Geez, chill out Ape... Kobe's not guilty yet.

BTW - I'm not calling for the trade to happen ... I'm just calling it so I get my due credit when it happens ;-)

u2sarajevo
11-02-2003, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by: V
Nice try but Bryant is on record that he will opt out... so rather than loose him for nothing the Lakers will ship him to Dallas by February.
Why would they? You can't be serious.... Dallas is an elite team, why would LA want to improve our team?

And I would not want Cuban to do this without a sign/trade. Lose Jamison to rent Kobe out for a couple of months?

No thanks.

V
11-02-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by: madape
I don't even need to say how stupid this thread is. Reading this board, you get the pleasure of reading some of the most worthless, mindless crap. It never ceases to amaze me.

C'mon man... good grief...

I've seen some rude posts... but this is out on line....

If you dont like this thread then Effoff.

FilthyFinMavs
11-02-2003, 02:21 AM
V, I don't believe you understand what you are proposing here. When you are a team in this league you don't trade to the same conference you are in. Why do you think Ray Allen, Brad Miller, and Antonie Walker no longer play for the East? They were traded to the West. It's common sense really. You have to be an idiot to trade to the same conference that you are in especially a guy who is a top 3 player in this league. V, just stick to replying to threads.

grndmstr_c
11-02-2003, 02:21 AM
I really don't want the guy on my team, as my opinion of him has been diminished by his recent off-court issues, and also because I don't like that he's a ball-hog and feel that he's exactly the kind of me-first superstar who could destroy what the Mavs have built. V, I don't know if you're right about the trade ( I doubt it), but if it goes off I won't be giving you props for predicting it. I'll be cursing you.

V
11-02-2003, 02:24 AM
And by the way... you guys can wax philosophical about some Wallace to Dallas BS.. and when I note something unique / controversial you think it's appropriate to insult me?? EFF all yall.

I can appreciate a good debate but these responses are thoughtless, worthless, discouranging, unimaginative, and a waste of my time.

Good luck Dallas-Mavs fans.

u2sarajevo
11-02-2003, 02:24 AM
Okay V, here's my prediction:

Outside of your dreams, this will never happen. Not via trade/sign-trade/free-agency.

Kobe will not be a Maverick. Not anytime in the near future.

So, when my prediction comes true, I want props from you.... okay?

u2sarajevo
11-02-2003, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by: V
And by the way... you guys can wax philosophical about some Wallace to Dallas BS.. and when I note something unique / controversial you think it's appropriate to insult me?? EFF all yall.

I can appreciate a good debate but these responses are thoughtless, worthless, discouranging, unimaginative, and a waste of my time.

Good luck Dallas-Mavs fans.

Was that a good-bye?

i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gifi/expressions/devil.gif

V
11-02-2003, 02:32 AM
Thanks for the insight basketball fans. You've successfully alienated a legit contributer. This is my last post.

u2sarajevo
11-02-2003, 02:33 AM
Goodbye. Come back anytime.

Murphy3
11-02-2003, 02:39 AM
come on guys, ...lay off V a bit.
Sure, this was/is pretty much a thread that's been covered in the Around the NBA section..besides that, it's really not anything worth discussing..
but, V's got a little something in his bag. he's not one of the one's that needs to be run off...unless i'm missing something.

FilthyFinMavs
11-02-2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by: Murphy3
come on guys, ...lay off V a bit.
Sure, this was/is pretty much a thread that's been covered in the Around the NBA section..besides that, it's really not anything worth discussing..
but, V's got a little something in his bag. he's not one of the one's that needs to be run off...unless i'm missing something.



He just sat here and told us that it is a sure thing that Kobe will be a Mav in feburary. I don't wish anyone to leave this site but I think you have to question any poster who believes Kobe wil not only be traded but to the Mavs for Jamison.

Murphy3
11-02-2003, 02:51 AM
i'm just trying to be a peace maker FFM. You know me. I'm just looking out for the newbies best interests.


besides, that's why i said that this thread really wasn't worth discussing....not a chance in hell that the mavs trade for kobe

u2sarajevo
11-02-2003, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by: Murphy3
come on guys, ...lay off V a bit.
Sure, this was/is pretty much a thread that's been covered in the Around the NBA section..besides that, it's really not anything worth discussing..
but, V's got a little something in his bag. he's not one of the one's that needs to be run off...unless i'm missing something.

I don't want him to leave. I didn't run him off. I was just trying to change his mind through civil discussion.

He was wrong, and apparently couldn't handle that being the case.

Murphy3
11-02-2003, 02:59 AM
U2, I just think you're being a little overly harsh. I, for one, am not too appreciative of it.

V
11-02-2003, 03:00 AM
(This is not an official post, since I left the board, rather it's a clarification)

I didnt say Kobe would be traded for Jamison... I said I think Kobe would be a Mav by February...

My guarantee that Kobe would be a Mav... well it's debateable... that's why I posted it... I was hoping for some BASKETBALL opinions... but it seems like there are only arrogant A-holes on this board (except for Murphy ;-) ... who would rather take my post literally than put any thought into the matter...

And i refuse to post on dallasbasketball.com because we all know they dont know round-ball from bocce ball...

So, you get nothing more from me... not that you care.. since you're all such effin experts, right!! lol

And ANOTHER thing - I'm SHOCKED at the lack of humor here... you guys need to chill out...

u2sarajevo
11-02-2003, 03:00 AM
well Murph.... I call em' like I see em'.

u2sarajevo
11-02-2003, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by: V
(This is not an official post, since I left the board, rather it's a clarification)

I didnt say Kobe would be traded for Jamison... I said I think Kobe would be a Mav by February...

My guarantee that Kobe would be a Mav... well it's debateable... that's why I posted it... I was hoping for some BASKETBALL opinions... but it seems like there are only arrogant A-holes on this board (except for Murphy ;-) ... who would rather take my post literally than put any thought into the matter...

And i refuse to post on dallasbasketball.com because we all know they dont know round-ball from bocce ball...

So, you get nothing more from me... not that you care.. since you're all such effin experts, right!! lol

And ANOTHER thing - I'm SHOCKED at the lack of humor here... you guys need to chill out...

You asked for basketball reasons why it would not happen. Many of us here, including myself, gave you many.

And you said, I quote "My money is on a package including Jamison..."

Again, a recap of my hot basketball opinions on this trade:

1. LA would not trade Kobe to an elite team in their own Conference
2. I would not want Kobe to do this trade without it being a sign/trade.
3. If Kobe opts out of his contract at the end of the year he would have to either force a sign/trade or accept the MLE.
4. Kobe will not be a Mav in the near future, not by trade/sign-trade/free-agency.

edit: you want humor? We have a jokes thread in the lounge.

madape
11-02-2003, 03:33 AM
No, don't go! I want to hear more of your predictions!

sike
11-02-2003, 09:41 AM
run a guy off cuz of one lousey thread...where were the mods???
really V, if you read this....and we all know you will...no matter what you change your name to, don't run away because of a little hatin'....come on back...you were doing fine...even this post was'nt the dumbest I've seen in the last couple days...

u2sarajevo
11-02-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by: sike
run a guy off cuz of one lousey thread...where were the mods???
really V, if you read this....and we all know you will...no matter what you change your name to, don't run away because of a little hatin'....come on back...you were doing fine...even this post was'nt the dumbest I've seen in the last couple days...

I don't get this..... no one ran anyone off. He left on his own accord. As far as I can tell, a basketball discussion was going on here and he decided to leave.

Don't try to blame this on the other members of the board.

MavsFanatik33
11-02-2003, 09:57 AM
How about a Mavs Don't Want a Raper on their team thread?

IF we did go for Kobe(which would shock the hell outta me), I think it would have Finley as the main guy in our package since both Bryant and Fin play the 2.
But seriously, we would never do this...

Fah Q
11-02-2003, 10:17 AM
Was I being too critical on V?

If so, I'm sorry i/expressions/rolleye.gif I thought I made some legit points

And since when did Murphy decided to calm down and be the peace maker?

Max Power
11-02-2003, 10:31 AM
Who cares if V leaves? He proposes a deal that won't happen and people explain WHY it won't happen. HE gets mad that we "aren't taking him seriously" and leaves.

F'em.

sike
11-02-2003, 10:58 AM
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I CAN FEEL THE LOVE IN THIS ROOM..i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Murphy3
11-02-2003, 12:49 PM
Dear Mother of all that's sacred and holy with the great game of basketball, no one ran V off.

If you want to post something stupid, be prepared to get hammered by others.

Fah Q
11-02-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Dear Mother of all that's sacred and holy with the great game of basketball, no one ran V off.

If you want to post something stupid, be prepared to get hammered by others.

Thanks Murph

You were really starting to scare me.

Hitman
11-02-2003, 05:17 PM
People need to get a grip.

Do I think Kobe will be a Maverick...ever? No I don't.

Have stranger things happened? Yes they have.

Am I going to flame someone and call them stupid because they have a "hunch" that Kobe Bryant will be traded to the Mavericks...and they made a bold "prediction"?

Of course not. If you hate the thread so much then don't respond and the thread will die a quick death.

Murphy3
11-02-2003, 05:28 PM
hitman..that's fine to start these threads..but, you'll get hammered a bit for it..they kinda go hand in hand.

not a big deal either way..no, the guy shouldn't be run off..but, well, he really wasn't ran off

ReDIRKulous
11-02-2003, 05:32 PM
Why was this guy ripped for this thread? I see nothing wrong with this thread topic. Personally I hate Kobe, but wih all the assets the Mavs have and a very big chance of Kobe getting traded we should definately keep our ears to the ground about this. I would not be surprised if Cuban pulled some crazy trade like this. I mean I absolutley hate Kobe... but if the Mavs got him they would have instant credibilty and could become the most popular team in the league. If you are a businessman you would be a fool not to go after Kobe. IF Kobe did come here I would hope that Dirk got traded somewhere else though... because I don't want to see Dirk play second fiddle to anyone except Shaq and Duncan today, and even that may change tomorrow.

u2sarajevo
11-02-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by: Hitman
People need to get a grip.

Do I think Kobe will be a Maverick...ever? No I don't.

Have stranger things happened? Yes they have.

Am I going to flame someone and call them stupid because they have a "hunch" that Kobe Bryant will be traded to the Mavericks...and they made a bold "prediction"?

Of course not. If you hate the thread so much then don't respond and the thread will die a quick death.

No one flamed V(well maybe madape, but what would you expect from a Gorilla Warrior?). We gave him what he asked for, reasons why this trade would never happen. He got mad and left.

How is that the fault of the other posters? Can we give this a rest?

veruca salt
11-02-2003, 05:41 PM
Look kids, no one was ripped, no one was run off.
I think you'll find it was just a case of someone that needed a little thicker skin.
I'm sorry, I cannot see any problem with the responses in this thread.
He suggested something that was OBVIOUSLY extremely controversial, and he
got controversial responses.
That's all there is to it.

Madape did go a bit crazy there and I agree maybe he could've been a bit gentler, but as it wasn't actually directed at V, I can't
see a huge problem with what he said.