PDA

View Full Version : T-Mac is averaging 44 mins a game

rakesh.s
11-02-2003, 12:38 AM
not good...i don't want to see this guy go down as the season goes on

he's got some serious back problems already..ideally he should get 38-39 mins/game and fewer whenever possible

juwan howard and drew gooden have got to step up and it doesn't look like it's going to happen

first round exit, here we come

prediction: more bitching from t-mac as the season goes on also considering playing elsewhere at the end of this season

Shaq Attack2
11-02-2003, 12:47 AM
He's only played two games, right? Even if he's played three games, I wouldn't be too worried until he's averaging 44 mpg over 10 games or more. That's much too much with his back problems, unless it's been dealt with totally successfully.

u2sarajevo
11-02-2003, 12:55 AM
Wear him down. Keep it up Doc.....

Murphy3
11-02-2003, 01:27 AM
who cares..he plays on a mediocre team in the east...
with the exception of merchandising, he's of little importance to the NBA... the entire Orlando franchise is of little importance..just a whipping boy for the west

DrtyFlthyNasty
11-02-2003, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by: Murphy3
who cares..he plays on a mediocre team in the east...
with the exception of merchandising, he's of little importance to the NBA... the entire Orlando franchise is of little importance..just a whipping boy for the west

Murph, its superstars like T-mac that make the NBA what it is today. Yes, the east may not be up to par with the west, but, "he's of little important to the NBA".. is ridiculous.

Murphy3
11-02-2003, 03:47 AM
Murph, its superstars like T-mac that make the NBA what it is today. Yes, the east may not be up to par with the west, but, "he's of little important to the NBA".. is ridiculous.

hmm..not like the NBA is in great shape right now.

selfish players like McGrady are what what makes the NBA what it is today.... congrats mcgrady

veruca salt
11-02-2003, 06:16 AM

Isn't it players like that which have turned people away from the NBA in droves?
Awesome players...exciting to watch, but not exacty team men (and I'm not speaking McGrady..just generally).
From over here I get the impression that the attitudes of some "super stars" don't sit to well
with basketball fans, or ex-basketball fans.
I know that the game is all but dead here...(though maybe Shane Heals' 11 point game today can start to turn that around i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif)

mavsfan4life
11-03-2003, 08:38 AM
I agree, this is not good. T-mac is a very good player, maybe the best player in the NBA right now, but he is not invincible! He cannot play 44 minutes a game! He is human for Christ's Sake, give the guy a towel and send him to the bench, cause if Orlando keeps playing him like this, he will sit on the bench for a long time!

MavsFanatik33
11-03-2003, 09:01 AM
44 minutes a game will really start to take it's tole on him; especially if Orland makes it to the playoffs. This reminds of when Nellie was trying to reduce Nash's minutes last year. If T-Mac can get his minutes down to like 38-39, that would help Orlando in the long run.