PDA

View Full Version : Lakers vs GSW

Murphy3
11-02-2003, 11:33 PM
a good game...70-63 lakers with over 7 minutes left in the 4th

dampier had a decent game versus dirk..with dirk having the better...but look at how badly he's tearing shaq up?

in the 4th, Dampier has 12 points, 19 rebounds and 2 blocks
shaq's sitting at 10 points, 11 rebounds and 3 blocks

Murphy3
11-02-2003, 11:34 PM
Dampier's 5-10 from the floor while shaq is 5-13

MavsFanFinley
11-02-2003, 11:37 PM
I just posted about this in the other GS thread.

Dampier is solid tonight. Again. 21 rebounds with 8 of them offensive.

Nash13
11-02-2003, 11:37 PM
If the Lakers can play like they're playing now all season and playoffs, they deserve to win. But i don't think they will.

DrtyFlthyNasty
11-02-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by: Nash13
If the Lakers can play like they're playing now all season and playoffs, they deserve to win. But i don't think they will.

Whats so impressive with the way the lakers are playing now? They are barely holding on against a depleted warriors team, beat a suns team by 4, and whooped the mavs which may have had something to do with the new players or the intimidation factor. The lakers have not impressed me yet.

Shaq Attack2
11-03-2003, 12:21 AM
I posted this in another forum:

Very sloppy and completely uninterested-looking effort displayed by the Lakers. A win is a win, I guess. Lakers will give much more effort when they play the elite teams. Tonight the Lakers were in cruise control because they were playing the Warriors. Definitely won't see that against the Kings, Spurs, Mavs or even the Nets or Tpups.

Anyway, Karl and Devean were the only players that looked like they cared. I can't really tell with Kobe, since I was so used to him jumping out of the building last year. He probably gave 100%.

6-man rotation Lakers stats for this game:

Kobe: 21, 4, 2, 5 steals and a block on 58% shooting. Great game for Kobe, will be a monster come December.

GP: 10, 6, 11, 1 steal and a block on 23% shooting. Terrible shooting night for GP on the line as well, going 3-6. Otherwise a good game.

Karl: 16, 6, 3 on 55% shooting. Great hustle and good overall defense, though no blocks or steals. Solid game for Karl.

Shaq: 17, 14, 2, and 4 blocks on 42% shooting. Uncharacteristically bad shooting night for Shaq under the basket. Otherwise a decent game, seemed very nimble and energetic at times. Unfortunately he had stretches where it looked like he didn't care at all.

George: 12, 7, 5 and 5 steals on 67% shooting. Another great all around night for George. Still stroking a very high percentage from the floor, great to see. Played good overall defense and was energetic. Excellent game.

Fish: 9, 2, 0 and one steal on 57% shooting. Good shooting night, good defense, and a quiet overall game playing just 18 minutes.

Player of the Game: Kobe

Worst Player of the Game: Rush

Simon2
11-03-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by: DrtyFlthyNasty

Originally posted by: Nash13

Whats so impressive with the way the lakers are playing now? They are barely holding on against a depleted warriors team, beat a suns team by 4, and whooped the mavs which may have had something to do with the new players or the intimidation factor. The lakers have not impressed me yet.

Its the Golden State Warriors for crying out loud. How can you expect the Lakers to get excited in this game? The Lakers only get excited with teams they think is a threat to their champhionship run. I.E. Mavs, Kings, Spurs and maybe the Wolves. The Lakers know that there's no way in hell GS can beat them in a series so why bother putting out more than 50% effort. That's the Laker way. Again, Lakers are waiting to turn it on in the playoffs.

mavsfan4life
11-03-2003, 09:34 AM
Dampier with 23 boards! Ladies and Gentlemen, this guy can play some basketball! When your team goes to GS, watch out for him, cause he'll be crashin the boards like crazy!