PDA

View Full Version : Which big man should the Mavs pursue in the offseason?

Max Power
11-06-2003, 02:30 PM
I know its early but I want to talk about something different for awhile.

There are some big men who could really help the Mavs in the offseason and all of them will be available for the MLE or less.

Vlade Divac. I think he's got another couple of years in the tank if his minutes are managed properly.

Dale Davis. I like the attitude and the toughness. He's getting up there in years too but he is a good solid player.

ocelot_ark
11-06-2003, 02:43 PM
Divac, no.
Davis, yes.

IMO...

Chiwas
11-06-2003, 02:46 PM
Shaquille. We won't be happy, we won't be able to defeat the Lakers in a 7 games series if they continue having him and we don't. Only injuries would change this fate or in other miracle, Duncan (if he kick them out again for us).

If not Shaquille, the second best Center of the league, just for being the second best team of the league, with a little more odds to beat the Lakers -plus a lot of luck. Who is him?

Possibly Duncan or

Ben Wallace
Jermain O'Neal
Brad Miller

Maybe Divac or Davis could improve some the 5 spot, but not enough, I think.

If it's a matter of money and Dallas doesn't want to expend more, we don't have many choices, and still will be behind Shaq and his new nuclear bomb.

Max Power
11-06-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by: Chiwas
Shaquille. We won't be happy, we won't be able to defeat the Lakers in a 7 games series if they continue having him and we don't. Only injuries would change this fate or in other miracle, Duncan (if he kick them out again for us).

If not Shaquille, the second best Center of the league, just for being the second best team of the league, with a little more odds to beat the Lakers -plus a lot of luck. Who is him?

Possibly Duncan or

Ben Wallace
Jermain O'Neal
Brad Miller

Maybe Divac or Davis could improve some the 5 spot, but not enough, I think.

If it's a matter of money and Dallas doesn't want to expend more, we don't have many choices, and still will be behind Shaq and his new nuclear bomb.

Lets stay realistic. We aren't going to get any of the players you mention. That was the point of this thread - free agent big men that the Mavs have a shot of getting.

Murphy3
11-06-2003, 02:52 PM
Seriously, this is a good thread to start. Perhaps you'd just like to discuss possible off season acquisitions or the thread could be expanded to include centers that could be acquired at some point during the season via trade.

madape
11-06-2003, 02:56 PM
You are right, it is too early to talk about this. But there are some interesting vets coming off contracts next year. I'd prefer not to give up any important pieces in trade.

Here's a list of guys I think might deserve some interest:

Dale Davis
Rasheed Wallace
Adonal Foyle
Greg Ostertag
Chris Mihm
Stromile Swift
Jake Tsakalitis
Joel Przybilla
Antonio McDyess
Robert Traylor
Ruben Boumtje Boumtje
Keon Clark
Etan Thomas

kg_veteran
11-06-2003, 03:00 PM
Either Divac or Davis would be excellent additions.

I also like the idea of bringing in Sabonis for the playoff run.

As for centers that could be acquired via trade this season, I'd love to make a run at Zydrunas Ilgauskas or Theo Ratliff. I think both could be reasonably acquired.

kg_veteran
11-06-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by: madape
You are right, it is too early to talk about this. But there are some interesting vets coming off contracts next year. I'd prefer not to give up any important pieces in trade.

Dale Davis
Rasheed Wallace
Adonal Foyle
Greg Ostertag
Chris Mihm
Stromile Swift
Jake Tsakalitis
Joel Przybilla
Antonio McDyess
Robert Traylor
Ruben Boumtje Boumtje
Keon Clark
Etan Thomas

Davis, Foyle, Ostertag, and Swift interest me on this list.

Murphy3
11-06-2003, 03:04 PM
Chris Mihm
I watched Mihm play some last night. I can't figure out why he hasn't played better in the past, but he's looked good in VERY limited action this year. No, I don't expect him to ever be anything close to a cornerstone of a franchise. But, the guy hasn't looked too bad defensively. Plus, he's got a decent jumper offensively. I can imagine that he'd come pretty cheap. But, how much is he worth?

LRB
11-06-2003, 03:05 PM

Simon2
11-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by: Max Power
I know its early but I want to talk about something different for awhile.

There are some big men who could really help the Mavs in the offseason and all of them will be available for the MLE or less.

Vlade Divac. I think he's got another couple of years in the tank if his minutes are managed properly.

Dale Davis. I like the attitude and the toughness. He's getting up there in years too but he is a good solid player.

Currently, Divac earns 12 mil and is on the last year of his contract. I doubt he leaves the Kings coz he has his little buddy named Peja over there and he's already very comfortable in his position. If Cuban can something out that is not financially damaging, that would be incredible.

Dale Davis currently earns 9 mil and is also on the last year of his contract. He'll need to take a pay cut to join the Mavs. 6'11 252 lbs. I'll take him

Jamisonite
11-06-2003, 03:26 PM
Id like to see us make a move on Mihm or clark. They wont ask for as much money. And we are still lacking a true perimeter defender

Max Power
11-06-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by: Simon2
Currently, Divac earns 12 mil and is on the last year of his contract. I doubt he leaves the Kings coz he has his little buddy named Peja over there and he's already very comfortable in his position. If Cuban can something out that is not financially damaging, that would be incredible.

Dale Davis currently earns 9 mil and is also on the last year of his contract. He'll need to take a pay cut to join the Mavs. 6'11 252 lbs. I'll take him

I doubt that the Kings resign Divac because of his age and the money that they spent on his replacement. Divac >might< retire but I doubt it.

I like Davis a lot. He would be a perfect compliment to Bradley. A Fortson type with actual skill.

Max Power
11-06-2003, 03:39 PM
You are right, it is too early to talk about this.

But its more fun than bashing the Mavs because they haven't jelled yet.

But there are some interesting vets coming off contracts next year. I'd prefer not to give up any important pieces in trade.

I agree. The difference between one of these free agents and someone that we would have to try to trade for is minimal.

Dale Davis
Rasheed Wallace
Adonal Foyle
Greg Ostertag
Chris Mihm
Stromile Swift
Jake Tsakalitis
Joel Przybilla
Antonio McDyess
Robert Traylor
Ruben Boumtje Boumtje
Keon Clark
Etan Thomas

Foyle and Tag also interest me.

Murphy3
11-06-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by: Jamisonite
Id like to see us make a move on Mihm or clark. They wont ask for as much money. And we are still lacking a true perimeter defender

I brought up Mihm more or less wanting some feedback from other members on what they've seen from the guy. Personally, I don't know how much he helps the Mavs. He just might be a poor man's Raef LaFrentz. But, I haven't completely given up hope on him.

seelenjaeger
11-06-2003, 03:45 PM
Dampier. Chandler. Curry.

And before you start the "Chandler is not a Center" chant - hes more of a Center than Dirk.

Psychedelic Fuzz
11-06-2003, 03:54 PM
I think Divac's guile and his decent passing skill would make him a good fit here, and I'd like to see keon clark in a mavs uniform simply because its no longer us he's screwing on last secod put backs.

LRB
11-06-2003, 03:55 PM

Dale Davis
Rasheed Wallace
Adonal Foyle
Greg Ostertag
Chris Mihm
Stromile Swift
Jake Tsakalitis
Joel Przybilla
Antonio McDyess
Robert Traylor
Ruben Boumtje Boumtje
Keon Clark
Etan Thomas

Ape I do think that by bringing this up so early that we can have a chance to check out these players performances against Shaq and Duncan and other premier post players. While there a quite a few posters who do watch many of these players going against the Lakers, Spurs, and such; there are many who might only see them perform against the Mavs. Their peformance against us might not be the best measure of what needs of ours if any they would fulfill. We need guys who would be successful in improving our performance against Shaq, Duncan, etc. not who do well against the Mavs.

Of the list I especially like Foyle. Nobody else jumps out at me though. I do think that we should try not to get another vertically challenged center like the potato no matter how strong he is. We should also look for someone with some mass. Above all we don't want another passive center on D and rebounding. I think that Foyle has good size and height and he appears to play very agressive defending and rebounding.

FineCubanCigar
11-06-2003, 03:57 PM

Dale Davis
Rasheed Wallace
Adonal Foyle
Greg Ostertag
Chris Mihm
Stromile Swift
Jake Tsakalitis
Joel Przybilla
Antonio McDyess
Robert Traylor
Ruben Boumtje Boumtje
Keon Clark
Etan Thomas

I think Jake Tsakalitis would directly benifit the Mavs more than any other player on that list

FineCubanCigar
11-06-2003, 03:58 PM
that Ruben guy intrigued me the one time i have seen him play, enormious, stout, and a true banger . . .

nowitzki_prophecy
11-06-2003, 04:00 PM
And before you start the "Chandler is not a Center" chant - hes more of a Center than Dirk.

Since when thats a good enough reason to bring him over?He's young,too young,we dont need talent right now,we need proven post defenders.

Now Dampier,thats a player i would love seeing in a mavs unis.

jayC
11-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Davis-maybe
Swift- intriguing but probably will get more then the mle.
Robert Traylor- would certainly give us a physical presence in the paint.
Divac- Still is a crafty old big man, who can post you up and pass with pinpoint precision.

FineCubanCigar
11-06-2003, 04:15 PM
Jake is the most physical guy on that list by far.

seelenjaeger
11-06-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by: nowitzki_prophecy

Since when thats a good enough reason to bring him over?He's young,too young,we dont need talent right now,we need proven post defenders.

Now Dampier,thats a player i would love seeing in a mavs unis.

k, I take 15.5 rebounds a game and 2.25 blocks along with close to .500 career-shooting and great inside instincts as argument.

And actually its the ONLY argument counting for me, since neither Jake nor any Ruben might give us much Dirk cannot give us already, yet Chandler is already a better player than those.

nowitzki_prophecy
11-06-2003, 04:32 PM
k, I take 15.5 rebounds a game and 2.25 blocks along with close to .500 career-shooting and great inside instincts as argument.

well,so far Rashard Lewis has 37.5 PPG,you wanna call him an MVP?

seelenjaeger
11-06-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by: nowitzki_prophecy

well,so far Rashard Lewis has 37.5 PPG,you wanna call him an MVP?

This question might settle any further discussion with you.

Over his Carreer, Chandler grabs a rebound every 3.66 minutes (Dirk gets one every 4.35).

Only counting the last season and the current, hes at 3.42 minutes for a board.

This year its 2.34, but that will drop a bit.

And yeah, if you call a MVP for the first week, Rashard Lewis has to be strongly recognized.

Evilmav2
11-06-2003, 05:49 PM
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/nba/2001/0226/photo/s_ostertag_i.jpg
I say next Summer would be a great time to bring hometown hero Tag back to Big D...

dirk2003
11-06-2003, 06:20 PM
It will be the same crap as last summer. Talk talk talk talk and then a little bit more talk and no one will come to dallas above 6'8.

Max Power
11-06-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by: dirk2003
It will be the same crap as last summer. Talk talk talk talk and then a little bit more talk and no one will come to dallas above 6'8.

I don't think so. I think Cuban will have a checklist and he'll go down the list until we find a center. There are 4 or 5 guys who can help us and one of them will take our money. The key is to strike quickly and don't limit your talks to one player.

Cybertx
11-06-2003, 09:00 PM
I like a lot Detroit to trade they have pretty decents big guys. Improbable yes but they have a lot of players.

The Crippler
11-06-2003, 09:18 PM

I don't think so. I think Cuban will have a checklist and he'll go down the list until we find a center. There are 4 or 5 guys who can help us and one of them will take our money. The key is to strike quickly and don't limit your talks to one player.

history says otherwise

Max Power
11-06-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by: The Crippler

history says otherwise

Cuban's a smart man - he won't continue to make the same mistake.

jayC
11-06-2003, 09:46 PM
I fail to see his mistake. He tried the ZO thing it didn't work out. So then they traded nick and Raef for Jamison and Walker. It takes a while to find the formula for success. We were 5-0 last year yet no one gave us the title. Its all about how we finish the end of the season. Its not over until I say it is. This my friends is just an extended training camp.

Cybertx
11-06-2003, 10:09 PM
Yes but the only way mavs is gonna win games and the league is outscoring everybody else, but you can see that finley it's not in his level anymore and they still can't stop any team with big players and i doubt they ever will.

Too soon yet ok, but you kind of see the spurs and lakers already gettin a little more cohesive in their play.

nowitzki_prophecy
11-06-2003, 11:38 PM
And yeah, if you call a MVP for the first week, Rashard Lewis has to be strongly recognized.

We need a player for more than the first week.

Only counting the last season and the current, hes at 3.42 minutes for a board.

His rebounding abileties were never an issue,his post defense was,he isn't that good at the post right now and we can't spare the time to wait.

NYCdog
11-07-2003, 01:02 AM
Okay.............I cant believe no one has mentioned this.

The answer to the question is.................Theo Ratliff....... or Shareef Abdul Rahim......... or Nasi Mohammed (Sp?)......... or maybe all three together!

Why?

Cause they will porbably come at the CHEEPEST PRICE being that Atlanta wants to clear cap room for next season to start the rebuilding process down there.

So as if Dallas hasnt "raped" enought teams of their talent already...........they could add Atlanta to there "teams to rape" list.

That is if someone doesnt beat them to the punchline like per say...........the Rockets or Knicks as has been rumored.

dirno2000
11-07-2003, 01:02 AM
Theo Ratliff. His game is pretty much defense. I have no problem with that.

I also like Dale Davis and would settle for Tag, Foyle or Thomas.

Murph, Chris Mihm once suckered me into believing he'd be a good NBA center. He'll never do that again.

Murphy3
11-11-2003, 08:30 AM
On to the Chris Mihm watch:
He's not getting alot of minutes but he's producing with the minutes that he's receiving.

Last night:

17 minutes
19 points
6-13 FG
7-7 FT
4 Rebs.

On the season:
10.8 mpg
50% FG%
6.3 Pts
76.9 FT%
4.2 Rebs.

That's not that I'm interested necessarily in Mihm, but if Cleveland gets more production out of him and Diop, Z could be available. Of course, I'm not 100% sure about him either (but definitely a possibility if things don't work out as nellie has planned in Dallas).

Dirk Nowitzki
11-11-2003, 08:56 AM
I would rather have Mihm or Diop than Big Z. I am not at all impressed with Big Z's post defense. He can damn sure score in the post, but with Jamison & the ever improving Dirk, I do not view that as a "need" for this team. I really wish the Mavs could have found a way to bring Damp in on the GS trade, I think he has just enoygh offensive skill for Nellie to keep him on the floor & would be one of the better post defenders available.

Dirk Nowitzki
11-11-2003, 09:00 AM
The problem with getting Tag, Theo or Dale Davis is if any of these teams are truly looking to cut payroll next year, they will keep them. All of them are free agents next year & the only guys the Mavs have that are in the final years of thier contracts are Daniels & Best meaning a trade for any of those three would require those teams to take on money.

XERXES
11-11-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by: Dirk Nowitzki
I would rather have Mihm or Diop than Big Z. I am not at all impressed with Big Z's post defense. He can damn sure score in the post, but with Jamison & the ever improving Dirk, I do not view that as a "need" for this team. I really wish the Mavs could have found a way to bring Damp in on the GS trade, I think he has just enoygh offensive skill for Nellie to keep him on the floor & would be one of the better post defenders available.

That is the most foolish thing I've seen on this board in a while. Anybody that would rather have Mihm here over Big Z needs to go back to Basketball 101.

Dirk Nowitzki
11-11-2003, 10:44 AM
Take in to fact the salery implecations & level of talent you would have to give up of Big Z vs Mihm or Diop. Cleveland has made it pretty clear that they are high on big Z as they should be. All I am saying is it would more than likely take more than Walker or whomever the Mavs may be willing to part with to get Big Z. On the other hand, Mihm or Diop could be had with little to no effect on the Mavs "core players". The only way I could see a trade involving Big Z & the Mavs is if we where willing to part with Steve Nash & we all know that aint gonna happen.

madape
11-11-2003, 11:14 AM
I'm with you. I'd rather sign Mihm for nothing than give up Walker for Ilgauskas.

I'd also like to take issue with the point made that Igauskas is a good interior scoere. He is horrid.

Look at his stats, he shot 44% from the field last year. Two years ago he shot 42%. For a center, those numbers are not only inexcusable, they are indefensable. I do not want to feed my center the ball 20 times a game, when he shoots worse five feet from the basket than my guards do from three-point range! Add that to the fact that he is a below average rebounder for a center (he hasn't had a double digit rebounding game YET, this year), his less-than desirous low post defense, and his tendency to absolutely disappear every other game, and I don't know if I would want him on the court at all.

Take away Z's minutes and his shot attempts, and he looks very, very pedestrian - maybe even less than pedestrian. Mihm is no low post stud by any means, but at least we don't need to package an all-star in order to get him.

Murphy3
11-11-2003, 11:35 AM
Madape, I'm not convinced that a deal for Z is a good idea. However, he is a player that 'could' become available. I do believe that his FG% would rise playing on a better team (especially if he's asked to do less scoring...similar to how bradley's rose when he was asked to do less offensively).

As for giving up Walker....it's just too early to tell whether or not this will work with 'the big 5'. It's too early to give up on it. However, I do think that it's important to see who could be available in the future if need be.

As for Mihm, I'm intrigued by him a bit. Obviously, if you had to give up something substantial (walker, jamison) to get him, then it's a definite 'no'. But, with his salary, right now the Mavs couldn't give up much for him (the mavs don't have alot of players of significant value that make relatively little...except nash). Obviously, walker or jamison simply doesn't fit salary wise (which you obviously know).

Murphy3
11-12-2003, 09:11 PM
mihm
11 points
5 rebounds
14 minutes

Simon2
11-14-2003, 06:41 PM
Anyone interested in Mhemet Okur of Detroit? He looks like he's got the shooting range and the height. He's earning 1 mil this season.

Murphy3
11-14-2003, 06:53 PM
Unfortunately, Detroit's very interested in him.

Dirk Nowitzki
11-14-2003, 07:15 PM
Simon, Detroit is attempting to clear cap room to sign Okour after the season. He was a second round pick & does not yet have his "Bird rights" so The Pistons are in the same boat as the Warriors where last off season with Arenas. They gotta either clear cap space or hope he will sign for the MLE.

Dirk Nowitzki
11-14-2003, 07:17 PM
Go to realGM.com & take a look at what some Piston fans think of Okur. Lets just say All Star has a rather common tie with his Okurs name over thier. They are really high on the guy.

Murphy3
11-15-2003, 12:36 AM
The Chris Mihm watch continues.
In 19 minutes, Mihm scored 10 points and grabbed 9 boards...shooting 4-9 from the field. He also added 3 blocks

sike
11-15-2003, 02:14 AM
alright, I know he not that tall, or big, or athletic, but I think Jesus is a free agent next season and that whole conquering Death\Hell\Grave thing is a pretty hard move to beat....plus he's unstoppable from inside 17 feeti/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Murphy3
11-15-2003, 10:07 PM
Chris Mihm continues to impress. In 20 minutes, Mihm scores 3 points (only took 1 shot, but was 3-4 from the FT line)... he grabbed 4 rebounds and blocked 6 shots.

Max Power
11-15-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Chris Mihm continues to impress. In 20 minutes, Mihm scores 3 points (only took 1 shot, but was 3-4 from the FT line)... he grabbed 4 rebounds and blocked 6 shots.

He sounds like a perfect player for Nellie to park on the bench.

Murphy3
11-15-2003, 11:24 PM
yep..
I'm just happy to see him starting to play some solid ball. He's looked good in virtually every game he's played in.

Dirk Nowitzki
11-16-2003, 01:09 AM
That is the problem. The Mavs are gonna have to find a big man who has at least a little offensive game or Nellie will never play him. Mihm is becoming a solid post defender, but his offensive game is just ok. I would love to see him here, but Nellie would not play him.

Murphy3
11-18-2003, 08:30 PM
Mihm:
21 points
9 rebounds
1 block
10-14 shooting
34 minutes played

sike
11-19-2003, 03:48 PM
am i being a little too hesitant when I say that I am not too excited about acquirring another tall white guy with "potential".....yeah the numbers are ok...and the last game was great....but I can't forget the past that easily....i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

grndmstr_c
11-19-2003, 03:56 PM
I don't really care what color the guy is. I think the problem with Raef had a lot more to do with his playing style than his color.

And, oh yeah, we do have one tall white guy with potential on our team who turned out alright, I think.

Murphy3
11-21-2003, 08:24 AM
We do have another tall white guy that happens to be the only defender on the team that can change a game with his defense.

I'm sick of the 'tall white guy' b.s. It was old a long time ago.

uberfan
11-21-2003, 08:52 AM
Agreed. Here is another tall white guy that can contribute as a role player. with a younger PG thrown in to boot. Have to wait until mid-December to make it work.

Dallas trades: PF Danny Fortson (2.7 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 0.0 apg in 11.0 minutes)
PG Travis Best (3.1 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 2.2 apg in 16.0 minutes)
Dallas receives: C Scot Pollard (1.2 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 0.2 apg in 11.2 minutes)
PG Jamaal Tinsley (1.8 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 1.8 apg in 10.5 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -2.8 ppg, -1.6 rpg, and -0.2 apg.

Indiana trades: C Scot Pollard (1.2 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 0.2 apg in 11.2 minutes)
Indiana receives: PF Danny Fortson (2.7 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 0.0 apg in 9 games)
PG Travis Best (3.1 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 2.2 apg in 11 games)
Change in team outlook: +2.8 ppg, +1.6 rpg, and +0.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Dallas and Indiana being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Dallas and Indiana had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Chicago JK
11-21-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by: uberfan
Agreed. Here is another tall white guy that can contribute as a role player. with a younger PG thrown in to boot. Have to wait until mid-December to make it work.

Dallas trades: PF Danny Fortson (2.7 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 0.0 apg in 11.0 minutes)
PG Travis Best (3.1 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 2.2 apg in 16.0 minutes)
Dallas receives: C Scot Pollard (1.2 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 0.2 apg in 11.2 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -2.8 ppg, -1.6 rpg, and -0.2 apg.

Indiana trades: C Scot Pollard (1.2 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 0.2 apg in 11.2 minutes)
Indiana receives: PF Danny Fortson (2.7 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 0.0 apg in 9 games)
PG Travis Best (3.1 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 2.2 apg in 11 games)
Change in team outlook: +2.8 ppg, +1.6 rpg, and +0.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Dallas and Indiana being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Dallas and Indiana had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Nice try, but I don't see it happening. Pollard would be a nice 15 minute player here, but Indy wouldn't go for Forston or Best. They could have had Best for a cup of tea this offseason. I don't want to say Forston is untradeable because we have traded two players over the past two years who I thought were untradeable, but Fortson will be very difficult to move.

dirno2000
11-21-2003, 02:19 PM
Fron Peter Vecsey

At the same time, sources reveal trade discussion involving "Z" have taken place with the Pacers (they have the assets to pull off a multi-player deal) and the Trail Blazers. VP Jim Paxson has interest in Rasheed Wallace, but only if the controversial forward assures him he won't re-sign with Cleveland. Only kidding; it's the other way around. Just wanted to see if you were paying attention.

If "Z" stays put and continues to pass (seven assists) as he did in last Saturday's win over the 76ers, his impact on the Cavs could be bulky.

"Last year he picked up some bad habits because he was trying to score every time he touched it," notes a forward observer. "Understandable on a team that won 17 games without much direction from the head [take that, John Lucas and Keith Smart] coach."

kingrex
11-21-2003, 02:23 PM
I lend zero credence to anything that Peter Vecsey says.

grndmstr_c
11-21-2003, 02:29 PM
Yeah, I saw that, and I trust Peter Vecsey about as much as you do, kingrex. I can maybe see Indiana as being possible, but I don't think there's anyway that the Cavs would want to surround LeBron and the rest of those kids with any of the trash Portland would try to unload on them.