11-06-2003, 03:46 PM
Dallas Trades: Finley, Bradley, Fortson, Abdul-Wahed

Indiana Trades: Artest, Croshere, Bender

Chicago Trades: Crawford, Curry, Robinson

Dallas Recieves: Artest, Croshere, Curry

Indiana Recieves: Crawford, Fortson, Robinson

Chicago Recieves: Finley, Bradley, Abdul-Wahed, Bender

Heres why it works

Indiana has been DYING to get rid of Croshere's contract eversince the day they signed him. Eventhough Dallas takes on his contract they are also getting rid of Fin, Bradley, and Abdul-Wahed's over sized contracts. Indiana gets the point guard theyve wanted, more size inside and a pure scorer in Robinson. Chicago gets Fin whove they have wanted since hes been available, Bender who is probably just as promising as Curry, and Bradley who just might be a good center in the East. Dallas gets the perimeter defender they have so desperiatley needed and a Promising young big man all in the same breathe. In gaining Artest and Curry all Dallas REALLY sacrificies is Bradley Fin and Fortson. Fortson barely plays and Curry will replace Bradley more than adequately. Artest is a younger and maybe even better Finley with defense. this will also free up PLENTY of money to go after Steve Nash

nowitzki_prophecy
11-06-2003, 03:48 PM
Yea,that'll put us over the top

Jamisonite
11-06-2003, 03:54 PM
The only problem i see with it is that wed be a little thiner inside. With only Dirk and Curry inside. But with Nellies coaching im sure hed throw Croshere n at 4 somehow since hes 6'10

madape
11-06-2003, 04:05 PM
That would leave us pretty thin at center with the 20 year old Curry as the only guy on the roster who's capable of playing minutes there. Maybe if you decide by mid-season that you can't get it done this year, you might try to build for the future, but relying so heavily on Curry during a championship push isn't a good idea IMO.

I don't want anything to do with Artest. I think he's an overrated headcase that ruined Indy's playoff run last year with his attitude. I like Croshere, but do we have a spot for him? He seems a little redundant to me at this point. Plus, it was Bird and Carlisle who gave him that contract. They've been fans of his all along. I imagine that they're going to give him a real chance to prove himself this year - a chance he never got under Thomas. You can still get him, but I don't think Indy looks at him like a piece of trash to be dumped anymore.

Not a bad deal, but it really sets the Mavs back a couple of years. If we concede the next two years to the Lakers, it might be OK.

Dirkenstien
11-06-2003, 04:05 PM
This trade is beautiful ..not only is it enticing to the other participating teams, it helps us out tremendously. With Curry we get more of Western Conferenct type of presence inside, with Artest we get the hungry, energetic, emotional ball hawk that we so desperately need. Also, with fin gone im sure Howard, another very good defender that will only get better, will start in his place. Think about it ..we have a more defensively equipped team that has more presence inside while still maintaining great scoring threats. Howard and Artest on the court at the same time equals no more worries with Nellie's fascination with the zone defense. Im seeing steals galore! Also, with everyone worried about the offensive liabilities that defensive players bring with them on to the court..we wouldnt have to worry about those.. artest is a respectable offensive player who does all of the little things to help a team win. Howard seems to be the samte type of player from what i have seen. This trade also frees us up some financially to get nash back with a good contract offer while at the same time making us younger. I'm all for this...its perfect

bernardos70
11-06-2003, 04:11 PM
How will that put us over the top? Curry can't really block shots, curry can't rebound, same with croshere. The only player that we get that's of interest to dallas would be artest, and artest alone isn't gonna do a thing to put us over the top. Curry on the offensive end will replace bradley more than adequately. But definitely not on the defensive end. Stupid trades thread?

Jamisonite
11-06-2003, 04:12 PM
Im not so sure that we are that much more thin at center. Fortson really isnt a center. And id rather put our hopes on Currys shoulders than Bradleys. And in replay to dirk howard prob wouldnt start. wed start the same lineup except wed replace fin with artest. Wed prob start Dirk, Walker, Artest, Delk and Nash

Jamisonite
11-06-2003, 04:14 PM
Bradley isnt a defensive presence at all. Hes just some 7'7 goon that sits in the middle of our zone. With Curry we can play more man to man. And jsut so u know Curry is averaging 1.6 blocks per game with only 26.6 minutes per game

Max Power
11-06-2003, 04:15 PM
Does it work by realgm?

Bender and Artest are both BYC players.

Psychedelic Fuzz
11-06-2003, 04:18 PM
Maybe I'm just being a big homer, but isn't it a little premature to assume this lineup won't get it done?

Jamisonite
11-06-2003, 04:18 PM
Yes i checked it. It said it was accepted. And i looked at the mavs stats and Bradleys is only averaging 7.2 mins ger agme and fortson only 9.3

Jamisonite
11-06-2003, 04:20 PM
O i believe we can get it done with our lineup as is. but im just saying if we are gonna trade we need to do something like this. Get a better big man and a ball hawk

Ummmmm Ok
11-06-2003, 04:24 PM
Try the same tactic but with Chandler instead of Curry and you might have something to work with. If you could get me Chandler, Artest, and Croshere for Finley and Walker/Jamison, I would probably do the trade.

Jamisonite
11-06-2003, 04:26 PM
Chicago is probably unwilling to give up Chandler

thebac
11-06-2003, 04:35 PM
IND and CHI would have to be stupid to do this deal (of course, that's what I think of the two Antawn/Antoine deals as well).

Crawford and Curry are part of the building blocks for CHI (in spite of the rough start into the season, especially by Curry). They'd probably like to get rid of Robinson, but not that badly. Also, they don't want TAW (no one wants him with that contract), in addition they get two more players on the decline of their careers (Fin and Bradley--Fin is still a nice player, but he's not their future), and Bender might pan out, in what, five years--I'd rather take my chances with Curry and Crawford.

IND might be more inclined to do the trade, depending on if they view Artest as more of a problem child or as a defensive stopper (he's obviously both). They want to get rid of Croshere (he's still way overpaid), although as ape pointed out, probably not as badly as before. Getting Robinson is not much of a plus (or minus), they don't gain much there. Obviously, they wouldn't want Fortson (the Mavs will probably not manage to trade him until he's in the last year of his contract or so). Crawford might be intriguing to them, but that's it. Bender, I would think they still see something in him, but who knows.

The Mavs obviously gain from this trade (though I think that Fin and Bradley are better fits for the Mavs than most other teams in the league). If Curry shows that his late-season surge last year was not a fluke, they've found their low-post scorer for the next ten years. Artest will be the defensive stopper on the perimeter, and Croshere, as the throw-in, will be another nice shooter.

A minor downside for DAL is that the move would have short-term risks, and their championship quest might be postponed as ape pointed out, but DAL might (probably would and definitely should) do it. IND and especially CHI won't.

Simon2
11-06-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by: Jamisonite

Heres why it works

Indiana has been DYING to get rid of Croshere's contract eversince the day they signed him. Eventhough Dallas takes on his contract they are also getting rid of Fin, Bradley, and Abdul-Wahed's over sized contracts. Indiana gets the point guard theyve wanted, more size inside and a pure scorer in Robinson. Chicago gets Fin whove they have wanted since hes been available, Bender who is probably just as promising as Curry, and Bradley who just might be a good center in the East. Dallas gets the perimeter defender they have so desperiatley needed and a Promising young big man all in the same breathe. In gaining Artest and Curry all Dallas REALLY sacrificies is Bradley Fin and Fortson. Fortson barely plays and Curry will replace Bradley more than adequately. Artest is a younger and maybe even better Finley with defense. this will also free up PLENTY of money to go after Steve Nash

I love that deal! That definitely puts the Mavs over the top. I'm getting tired of seeing Filey disappear more and more during big games.

Dirkenstien
11-06-2003, 06:38 PM
I think chicago would like this trade, I know it would be a gamble for them but they are in need of some on the court leaders along with scottie that can help direct these youngins. If they're season continues to go downhill, i would look out for them to go over more trade possibilities than usual. This would also boost their fan following.

thebac
11-06-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by: Dirkenstien
I think chicago would like this trade, I know it would be a gamble for them but they are in need of some on the court leaders along with scottie that can help direct these youngins. If they're season continues to go downhill, i would look out for them to go over more trade possibilities than usual. This would also boost their fan following.

Problem with CHI is that they are trading away two of their young'uns in this trade. What's more, they're two of the three cornerstones (Chandler being the third). If Crawford and Curry develop as they hope, this team could be a contender in 2-3 years. If they make the trade, they'll probably make the playoffs once or twice and then go back to being mediocre or bad.

MavsFanatik33
11-07-2003, 01:56 PM
Hello, this is Mark Cuban, that would never work so let's be reasonable.

Dirkenstien
11-07-2003, 02:11 PM
Instead of just stating it wouldnt work without dispensing any justification, how about you explain to us how this would never work. Thats what we're interested in, not vacant conjectures

Jeremiah
11-07-2003, 04:15 PM
From Insider:

Eddy Curry, C, Bulls -- In the preseason he appeared on the verge of a breakout season. Now? Wednesday night the Bulls played their best basketball of the season with Curry sitting on the bench. Curry still has a ton of promise and a ton of trade value. Will that hold true if he continues to struggle with the Bulls? Curry seems like a guy who needs a wake-up call. A trade and a serious change of scenery could do that. GM John Paxson is ready to check out of lottery land. The Bulls won't give any of their young players away, but could a combo of Curry, Jamal Crawford (word is he's always been available) and Jalen Rose bring the Bulls the veterans they need to compete? I'd pick up the phone and see if Mark Cuban (who's had a thing for Curry and Rose for years) would give up Steve Nash, Michael Finley and Antawn Jamison for a combo of Curry, Crawford, Rose and Eddie Robinson. Crawford and Rose could hold their own in the Mavs backcourt and Curry could be the answer the Mavs have been searching for in the middle. Meanwhile, the Bulls would get the veterans they've been looking for to surround Tyson Chandler. That's a big, pretty unrealistic in-season trade. But with Cuban, you never know.

Just thought I'd throw some irons onto the fire.

Dirkenstien
11-07-2003, 04:38 PM
this trade would give chicago their veterans, idiana their pg ..and the mavericks their ball hawk as well as their center.... this trade works

Dirkenstien
11-07-2003, 04:39 PM
and after considering the players cuban has recieved for what he's given up ...this is far from irrealistic my friend

arsenalth9
11-08-2003, 02:46 PM
i think we could come up with hundreds of different trades that would basically have the same effect on the mavs. i don't see this trade as doing much more than the supposed rasheed one.

Flacolaco
12-07-2007, 12:10 AM

Heres why it works

Pull the trigger. Make it happen.

jthig32
12-07-2007, 09:09 AM
Now that is random.

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
12-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Croshere = championship(s)

Dirkenstien
12-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Crap, that really IS random.