PDA

View Full Version : There will be no trade

Dirks Hair
11-07-2003, 02:14 AM
for all those who want a trade to happen before the trade deadline i say there is an absolute zero chance of that happening. think about it...if its gonna take the mavs a while to gel now imagine how it would be to trade for someone and try to gel again. this team is built for a championship now, so there's no time to try to wait to gel again it the mavs do trade again this season.

i really like this team and its variety of special players, though i do question ellies decisions at times. lets not push the panick button yet and see what will happen between now and about 25 more games.

good things come to those who wait (about 25 more game worth of a wait)

go mavs!

ReDIRKulous
11-07-2003, 02:21 AM
If there was a really good big man available a deal would be done.

Welcome to the boards, btw.

EricaLubarsky
11-07-2003, 02:51 AM
Wow and I thought this thread was going to have a quote from Nelson or a press report....

Murphy3
11-07-2003, 12:04 PM
Erica, so did I.

I was thinking "damn, a bit too early to be making a decision one way or the other as to whether or not there will be a trade. give it some time to see how things play out."

Dooby
11-07-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by: Dirks Hair
for all those who want a trade to happen before the trade deadline i say there is an absolute zero chance of that happening. think about it...if its gonna take the mavs a while to gel now imagine how it would be to trade for someone and try to gel again. this team is built for a championship now, so there's no time to try to wait to gel again it the mavs do trade again this season.

i really like this team and its variety of special players, though i do question ellies decisions at times. lets not push the panick button yet and see what will happen between now and about 25 more games.

good things come to those who wait (about 25 more game worth of a wait)

go mavs!

This assumes that the Mavs problems are because the team won't "gel" because of a lack of <u>familiarity</u>. In contrast, if the Mavs problems are because the team won't "gel" because of a lack of <u>compatability</u>, then the likelihood of a trade is about 100%.

No there won't be a trade in 25 games or so. But if this team continues along the same course (not a prediction by any means), then the Mavs are going to be burning up the phones.

PlanetZero
11-07-2003, 12:14 PM
It'll be interesting to see. The team obviously needs to get their on-court chemistry in order, but also has some obvious weaknesses that could be addressed in a trade.

I have no doubt that the Mavs coaches/management are confident in the talent on the team right now, so they'll be patient. I think if a deal goes down, it'll be at the very latest time possible. The Mavs have lots of talent at their disposal to work something out. Alot of people say you gotta give new players and their teams about 20 games to adjust to eachother, looks like there is a topic about that here today, and I think that defenitelyl appiles to this team.

TheJetTerry
06-05-2007, 03:22 PM
bumpers