PDA

View Full Version : If you were David Stern....

Lonely PSU Mavs Fan
11-07-2003, 07:09 PM
If you were the commish, what would you do differently (to stimulate offense, or whatever)?

Lonely PSU Mavs Fan
11-07-2003, 07:35 PM
I always thought that by contracting (eliminating the raptors and the clippers or something) that would make for less bad players, therefore better offenses, and more scoring. but at the same time, would that lead to better players therefore better defenses. And is the lack of offense really the problem with the NBA today? Or is there no problem with the NBA?

ReDIRKulous
11-07-2003, 09:22 PM
I believe that the game is too physical. Reduce physical defense and it allows more scoring and less injuries to star players, less wear and tear on bodies.

thebac
11-07-2003, 09:53 PM
By and large, I think all is well in the NBA. Some details need to be tweaked (for example, it's ridiculous that veterans don't report to their team until the season has almost started. Cut the regular season by a few games and start it later--that's the biggest problem right now, that teams haven't played together long enough yet), but overall, I'm happy.

Simon2
11-08-2003, 01:39 PM
I hate to say it but I'd get rid of the zone. Also, I'd start marketing teams and not players. The NBA is too much based on individuals that the team concept is gone.

LRB
11-08-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by: Lonely PSU Mavs Fan
If you were the commish, what would you do differently (to stimulate offense, or whatever)?

Make sure the rules were called properly is the 1st step. The next thing I'd do is creat a farm system like baseball. I'd allow teams to place players in the farm system while still retaining their rights.