PDA

View Full Version : Lakers fall to Hornets, 114-95 and Grizzlies, 105-95

thebac
11-07-2003, 09:44 PM
Wow, they lost their first game of the season already. I guess the writing was on the wall after the Bucks game (and then last night's Spurs game). Of course, the Hornets were clicking on all cylinders in order to win this game (PJ Brown 7-7 from the field?), but still, it was a blowout. I'm quite surprised, I thought the Lakers would win ten in row or so before they'd lose. I guess the prayers have been answered i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

[Edited: Title]

Jbrjo
11-07-2003, 10:01 PM
Thank you God....

Shaq Attack2
11-07-2003, 11:15 PM
Awful game, though not surprising after last night's double OT on the road and then this game less than 24 hours afterwards on the road against a hot team like the Hornets.

Defense was really lacking. Not much else to say. Though, starters got a lot of rest, I wonder if PJ just didn't care about this game. That would piss me off.

WayOutWest
11-07-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by: thebac
Wow, they lost their first game of the season already. I guess the writing was on the wall after the Bucks game (and then last night's Spurs game). Of course, the Hornets were clicking on all cylinders in order to win this game (PJ Brown 7-7 from the field?), but still, it was a blowout. I'm quite surprised, I thought the Lakers would win ten in row or so before they'd lose. I guess the prayers have been answered i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Pray to God cause the Mavs don't have a shot at beating the Lakers or even getting out of the second round. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Keep hope alive!

I don't think God/Allah could handle Shaq in the paint so the point is moot.

Fidel
11-08-2003, 01:17 AM
Lakers fall to Hornets, 114-95

Wow, they lost their first game of the season already...
Implosion is only seconds away. They´ll go on a ten game losing streak i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif.

LRB
11-08-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by: Fidel

Lakers fall to Hornets, 114-95

Wow, they lost their first game of the season already...
Implosion is only seconds away. They´ll go on a ten game losing streak i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif.

Yep they better definitely trade Shaq and Kobe. And fire that bum of a coach Phil Jackson. Time to blow up the team and try for the #1 lottery pick. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Simon2
11-08-2003, 08:32 AM
I'm not surprised they lost. Its only the Hornets and they're sitting on a good lead in the standings anyway.

dirk2003
11-08-2003, 12:45 PM
Thank you New Orleans. I'm glad I didnt have to hear any "will the Lakers go 15-0 and start better than the Mavs last year?" comments.

arsenalth9
11-08-2003, 02:59 PM
took em long enough...i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

MavsFanatik33
11-08-2003, 03:05 PM
Thank you Nawlins, you knocked off the only team that hadn't lost yet. This makes the Mavericks at 500...i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif...not look so bad. Good thing almost every other playoff team is struggling as well.

thebac
11-10-2003, 09:40 PM
Lakers on their first losing streak, as MEM knocks them off, 105-95. LAL with 27 Turnovers! Nice i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Great to see that the Mavs aren't the only ones struggling to adjust (in addition to SAC, SAN, MIN).

WayOutWest
11-10-2003, 09:47 PM
Lakers on their first losing streak, as MEM knocks them off, 105-95. LAL with 27 Turnovers! Nice i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Great to see that the Mavs aren't the only ones struggling to adjust (in addition to SAC, SAN, MIN).

Only listened to the game on radio but the announcers stated that the Grizz put alot of full court pressure on the Lakers. With 27 TO's sure sounds like they succeded.

Looking at the Lakers victories, I would only consider the win over the Suns a quality win. The other teams just sucked or, in the case of SA, were short handed.

Hopefully Payton will find his grove and Kobe will get back into shape and start playing some better D.

thebac
11-10-2003, 09:57 PM
Oops, they revised the box score, the Lakers apparently had "only" 23 TO's. Sorry about that.

Either way, the beginning of the season probably isn't too meaningful. Thanks for not considering the victoryover the Mavs a quality win, WOW i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

MavsFanatik33
11-11-2003, 08:44 AM
This NBA season is really looking ugly, I hope it starts to shape up, or it's going to be a LOOOONNNGGGG season.

WayOutWest
11-11-2003, 10:35 PM
Oops, they revised the box score, the Lakers apparently had "only" 23 TO's. Sorry about that.

Either way, the beginning of the season probably isn't too meaningful. Thanks for not considering the victoryover the Mavs a quality win, WOW i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Lakers home court vodoo against the Mavs doesn't really count. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Seriously, it seems like the Mavs are second only to the T-Wolves in terms of growing/learning pains. Most teams don't truely gel until Mid-December, at least that's what I keep saying to myself..........over and over and over again.......

LRB
11-11-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by: WayOutWest

Lakers home court vodoo against the Mavs doesn't really count. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Seriously, it seems like the Mavs are second only to the T-Wolves in terms of growing/learning pains. Most teams don't truely gel until Mid-December, at least that's what I keep saying to myself..........over and over and over again.......

I would say that league wide there seem to be a great deal more teams that usual with slow starts at jelling.

mary
11-18-2003, 08:26 PM
The Pistons are holding their own tonight. Lakers are up 74, 73 at the end of the 3rd quarter. The Lakers been outrebounded 32, 20 and Kobe is only 3 for 12. Wallace has 12 boards all by his lonesome.

dirno2000
11-18-2003, 09:03 PM
Lakers lose 3rd straight on the road.

They get banged on the boards 47-26!!!

How does that happen when Shaq and Malone combine for 72 minutes?

Bookit
11-18-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Lakers lose 3rd straight on the road.

They get banged on the boards 47-26!!!

How does that happen when Shaq and Malone combine for 72 minutes?

The road is a tough place for old geezers. Lets face it, Malone, Payton, and Shaq are getting up there in age and their bones are starting to creak. Not to mention that Kobe is still sweating a rape charge. You gotta love it.

mary
11-18-2003, 09:15 PM
I'm sure in Kobe's post-game interview he'll reitorate that its "no big deal" and "only one game".

i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

Bookit
11-18-2003, 09:37 PM
BTW, was Shaq fat last year or what? I had forgotten how large he was.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/nba/players/1/847_2.jpg

sike
11-20-2003, 06:15 PM
Lakers lose....and once again God's smiles on my life....

Shaq Attack2
11-20-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by: sike

How could the Lakers lose today if they didn't play? i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

WayOutWest
11-20-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by: Shaq Attack2

How could the Lakers lose today if they didn't play? i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

They're a little slow in these parts...........

mary
11-20-2003, 10:38 PM

When I read it, I just assumed he was referring to the Piston loss. You know the one where the Lakers were outrebounded, outscored, out-blocked and err....outplayed.

It seemed like a logical conclusion.

Shaq Attack2
11-20-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by: mary

When I read it, I just assumed he was referring to the Piston loss. You know the one where the Lakers were outrebounded, outscored, out-blocked and err....outplayed.

Reminds me of the Mavs season opener. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

mary
11-20-2003, 11:09 PM

Reminds me of the Mavs season opener. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

No, the Lakers actually played pretty impressive basketball in their season opener against the Mavs. But it will soon remind you of December 4, 2003

(BTW, I know what you meant, its just not what you said i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif)

Edited because I have a strict "one emoticon per post" rule