PDA

View Full Version : Kings lose to Blazers in OT

Simon2
11-14-2003, 08:09 AM
Amazing! The Kings lost Miller and Divac in the end but Randolph was playing out of his mind again.

dirno2000
11-14-2003, 09:58 AM
Very entertaining game. Zach Randolph was money in the 4th and in OT, and Rasheed decided to be dominate in the 2nd half.

I underestimated the effect Sac's loss of dept would have. Adleman doesn't trust his bench anymore so in an OT game on the 1st night of a back to back he only played seven players. By the end of the game is seemed their legs were dead and they were giving up easy boards and making uncharacteristic mental mistakes. Plus Miller got hurt and Vlade fouled out on two dumb fouls. Not surprising considering he played 40 minutes.

Would have been a perfect night if Jalen Rose didnít choke away a game clenching ft and Spree didnít make a spectacular three.

Big Boy Laroux
11-14-2003, 10:01 AM
geez, i stopped watching this game when the kings went up big... sounds like it ended well.

dirno2000
11-14-2003, 10:10 AM
John Thompsonís interview with Rasheed alone was worth staying up for. I wish I had the transcript. That guy is hilarious and I need a new sig. Best part: He talked about how he cusses at the refs on occasion. Some cuss back and that's all good. However, in Sheed's opinion, what's unfair is when they cuss back and him and give him a T. I love that guy.

DrtyFlthyNasty
11-14-2003, 03:58 PM
The Blazers CAN be a force in this league if they play their heart out every minute of every game... I feel sorry for rasheed, dudes really a nice gay supposedly out of bball, but he wants to win soo much and gets mad when he feels hes being treated unfairly. He just needs to relax sometimes.

LRB
11-14-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by: DrtyFlthyNasty
The Blazers CAN be a force in this league if they play their heart out every minute of every game... I feel sorry for rasheed, dudes really a nice gay supposedly out of bball, but he wants to win soo much and gets mad when he feels hes being treated unfairly. He just needs to relax sometimes.

I would say keeping their head out of their @$$ is just as important as the heart. Portland kills themselves mentally as much as any team in the league.

kingrex
11-14-2003, 04:20 PM
Portland has always been its worst enemy. The team like its stars have million dollar talent and 10 cent heads. Unless that part changes, they will find a way to lose. On the rare occasion they keep it together, they will beat any team in the NBA (case in point, last night).

Big boy, I turned it off too. I even posted a message praising Sac for dismantling Portland. I didn't check the scores this morning. Luckily I have the game recorded, that way I can see how they pulled it off.

bernardos70
11-16-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by: DrtyFlthyNasty

Woah, no need to bring up players' sexual preferences.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif Anyhow, from all the interviews I've seen with Rasheed, he didn't seem like a really nice guy, maybe he's just a jerk to the Media...... and fans...... and other players....... and refs..... but is a nice guy away from all the attention.

mary
11-16-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by: dirno2000
John Thompsonís interview with Rasheed alone was worth staying up for. I wish I had the transcript. That guy is hilarious and I need a new sig. Best part: He talked about how he cusses at the refs on occasion. Some cuss back and that's all good. However, in Sheed's opinion, what's unfair is when they cuss back and him and give him a T. I love that guy.

That interview was hysterical. So what if Wallace isn't the nicest guy in the world. Sometimes its good to have a resident Bad A$$ on your team.

I love his "Both teams played very hard" lines.

Edited to add: BTW, they did point out that he's extremely involved in charity work and buys blocks of tickets for local kids, so he's not a total A-hole

MavsFanatik33
11-16-2003, 06:53 PM
Good job by Portland on coming back from 18 down at the half.

If anybody can find that transcript of that interview I would really love to see it.

LRB
11-16-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by: mary

Originally posted by: dirno2000

That interview was hysterical. So what if Wallace isn't the nicest guy in the world. Sometimes its good to have a resident Bad A$$ on your team.

I love his "Both teams played very hard" lines.

Edited to add: BTW, they did point out that he's extremely involved in charity work and buys blocks of tickets for local kids, so he's not a total A-hole

I wouldn't mind a Bad @$$ but certainly don't want a dumb@$$.