PDA

View Full Version : Jalen Rose To Toronto

Jamisonite
11-21-2003, 02:58 PM
WGN Radio 720 is reporting that the Chicago Bulls and Toronto Raptors are close to a deal that would sent Jalen Rose and to Toronto for Jerome Williams, Alvin Williams, and Morris Petersen.

I saw that on Realmgm.com i tried to click the article but it wouldnt let me. I think this is good for both teams. It gives Chicago more pieces for a future move and give toronto rose and carter...thats kinda scary

madape
11-21-2003, 03:04 PM
Why would Chicago want that group of spare parts?

Jamisonite
11-21-2003, 03:11 PM
Not saying id do it but Peterson has potential, Williams is a great rebounder, and Williams is the point guard they need

Jamisonite
11-21-2003, 03:12 PM
Plus Rose has quite the contract

kingrex
11-21-2003, 03:19 PM
Chicago seems to constantly want to get younger. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's tough for a team to get chemistry if you keep messing with your core guys (which I thought Rose was, until they dealt him).

Evilmav2
11-21-2003, 03:20 PM
Junkyard Dog sucks. Alvin Williams sucks. Mo Pete is a spare...

This is a terrible deal for the Bulls.

kingrex
11-21-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
Junkyard Dog sucks. Alvin Williams sucks. Mo Pete is a spare...

This is a terrible deal for the Bulls.

The Junkyard dog is a fair to spare rebounder. He's dirty work kinda guy.

Alvin Williams is a spare.

But Mo is more than servicable. I think with more minutes he will be quite good at the 2.

DNNF
11-21-2003, 03:30 PM
The Bulls definitely get the better deal out of this trade. With Rose's big contract and in return get a pretty decent two guards in Mo Pete and two serviceable players.

bogey
11-21-2003, 03:43 PM
Jamal Crawford is coming back this week. This deal is confusing.

Nash13
11-21-2003, 04:28 PM
Why would either team do this?

I don't think Carter and Rose can co-exist on the same team.

The Bulls are loaded with forwards and point guards(Fizer, Marshall, Baxter, Robinson, Crawford, Hinrich, and Williams when he comes back).

In the long run, this is horrible deal for the bulls.

Jamisonite
11-21-2003, 04:31 PM
I think the Bulls are just trying to get ready to make a bigger deal. I believe Rose can easily co-exist with Carter. Rose has never been about his stats. Hes always been undershadowed. In Indiana it was always about Miller and in Chicago no one even cares. Rose wants a ring and will do what it takes

seelenjaeger
11-21-2003, 04:37 PM
Huh?

Jamisonie I STRONGLY disagree. Rose was extremely worried about his Indiana-situation, the coach, his positional preferrence, thatīs why he was traded away.

Blonde Bomber
11-21-2003, 05:19 PM
first they give up Brad Miller and Artest for Rose and now there gving him away for these 3 spares...give me a break!!

MavKikiNYC
11-22-2003, 11:22 AM
ESPN.com news services
NEW YORK -- Toronto and Chicago will resume discussions today on a trade that would feature Bulls swingman Jalen Rose moving to the Raptors, league sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein on Friday night.

Rose

The deal that was primarily discussed Friday would have sent Antonio Davis and Alvin Williams to Chicago for Rose and Donyell Marshall. Sources indicated that concerns about Williams' left knee and left ankle -- after two ankle surgeries in two years -- apparently prompted the Bulls to balk at that package in return for Rose.

A reconfigured deal, sources told ESPN.com, likely will feature Morris Peterson in Williams' place, with at least one more player going from the Raptors to the Bulls to meet salary-cap requirements.

Rose was recently demoted from the Bulls' starting lineup by coach Bill Cartwright, who himself is under fire. The small forward has been averaging a team-high 15.3 points but shooting only 39 percent from the field.

The 10-year veteran could provide Vince Carter with some of the secondary scoring punch that Toronto now lacks, but a trade for Rose would nonetheless signal a change in philosophy for the Raptors.

It was widely assumed around the league that Toronto management woud not agree to any trade in which the Raptors were taking on more big salaries. After this season, Rose has three years left on his contract at more than $45 million.

Davis, by contrast, has only two seasons at $25 million left on his contract after this season. In his eleventh year in the league, Davis would welcome a move to the Bulls, given that his wife is from Chicago. He is averaging just 7.7 points for the offensively inept Raptors, who are scoring only 77.5 points per game -- the lowest in the league.

Peterson, meanwhile, has been dangled in trade talks by the Raptors since the season started.

Despite the discussions, Rose told The Associated Press that he had been assured by Bulls vice president John Paxson that he would not be dealt to Toronto.

"It's blown up and become the kind of item that everybody that I know is calling me about," Rose said prior to Chicago's Friday night game against the Lakers. "People that I know in L.A. feel like they're coming to see my last game as a Bull.

"If it does happen, that means (Paxson) went back on his word," Rose said. "I see him as somebody that's a man of his word and I have no reason to believe otherwise."

The trade rumor spread quickly Friday, with Rose and several players from both teams getting numerous calls on their cell phones. Paxson and Raptors general manager Glen Grunwald did not immediately return messages.

Cartwright said he talked to Rose about the rumors and told him: "Don't you dare get distracted with any of this garbage that's going on."

"I've never said that I wanted to play for another team. I'm not saying that now," said Rose, adding that he doesn't believe anyone in the Chicago organization wants him gone.

"I'd be lying to say I didn't think about it, I didn't analyze it, I didn't think about their roster, I didn't look at their schedule," he said about Toronto. "I just hope it's not an even bigger distraction, not only to the teammates, but to my fans. I got a ton of fans in Chicago that embraced me from day one."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

MavKikiNYC
11-22-2003, 11:23 AM
Antonio Davis and Mopete makes a lot more sense than Williams, Williams and Mopete.

Jamisonite
11-22-2003, 02:16 PM
ya but there also giving up marshall?