PDA

View Full Version : Lakers beat Spurs 103-87

Shaq Attack2
11-29-2003, 12:17 AM
A truly shocking game. Spurs kept it close for about the first 4-5 minutes of the 1st quarter and then the Lakers turned it up defensively and offensively, building a 30 point lead over the Spurs with 3 minutes to go at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Not much to say about this game really. When Shaq isn't healthy and only ends up with 7 points in the entire game, you need to worry that the Lakers are blowing you out by 30.

Funnily enough, Devean George outscored the entire Fab 4, ending up with 19 points in 3 quarters on 8-9 shooting from the floor. Karl had his first triple double since 1999, with 10-11-10 stats.

DrtyFlthyNasty
11-29-2003, 12:55 AM
i was surprised when i switched to espn and saw the score. i dont know what to say yet since its only the beginning of the season but WOW...

OzMavs
11-29-2003, 05:23 AM
Malone was fantastic in this game. A triple double. Anybody see Shaq's dunk? That monster almost single handely brought down the whole structure!

Shaq Attack2
11-29-2003, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by: OzMavs
Malone was fantastic in this game. A triple double.

The first ever triple double by a 40 year old + man. Malone's first since 1999. Amazing that he outplayed Duncan and basically kept him from having a career night, something Horry wouldn't have been able to do if his life depended on it.

Simon2
11-29-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by: Shaq Attack2

Originally posted by: OzMavs
Malone was fantastic in this game. A triple double.

The first ever triple double by a 40 year old + man. Malone's first since 1999. Amazing that he outplayed Duncan and basically kept him from having a career night, something Horry wouldn't have been able to do if his life depended on it.

This exactly why Cuban should have been at Malone doorstep instead of Mourning's. I still think the Mavs made a mistake not going after this guy. I go back to my earlier argument, who would you rather have at center? Malone or Bradley?

dirno2000
11-29-2003, 12:56 PM
Malone's triple double is an example of why I respect his game.

His "untentional" i/expressions/rolleye.gif elbow to Duncan's temple is an example of why I don't like him.

Impressive win by the Lakers. It lends credence to the theory that SA is a worse team than they were last year. They need to come up big next week.

WayOutWest
11-29-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Malone's triple double is an example of why I respect his game.

His "untentional" i/expressions/rolleye.gif elbow to Duncan's temple is an example of why I don't like him.

Impressive win by the Lakers. It lends credence to the theory that SA is a worse team than they were last year. They need to come up big next week.

LOL! I almost got beat down in my AWESOME seats last night for bringing up that point last night. I stated loudly and clearly that Malone's uniform had changed but NOT his cheap shots. When Malik kicked Malone in the mouth I started cheering and yelling that Malik better watch his teeth cause pay back is just around the quarter.

The Spurs looked like crap. TD and Shaq had terrible games and you can now see who's second options are better than who's.

I just hope we don't get blown out by the Pacers tommorow. They are playing the best ball in the league right now hands down and I fear a Laker let down making an arse whooping at the hands of the Pacers more prominant.

FilthyFinMavs
11-29-2003, 04:32 PM
That game was amazing last night. I mean wow. THe score doesn't even show how much the Lakers dominated last night. In that 3rd quarter they were just having fun on both sides of the ball. If your a fan of a playoff contender whose name isn't the Lakers you better pray for a implode because that team looks dominate. I'm not going to write the Mavs off yet though. I think if our chemistry gets better than what it currently is on the road I think we can give them a run for their money. We are going to need more than Bradley to patrol the middle though.