PDA

View Full Version : Not a lot of nationally televised games?

Simon2
12-01-2003, 05:09 PM
Anyone notice that there haven't been as many nationally televised games lately?

sike
12-01-2003, 05:19 PM
no.....until now.....but before you asked.......no

LRB
12-01-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by: Simon2
Anyone notice that there haven't been as many nationally televised games lately?

There usually aren't that many until after Football season.

FilthyFinMavs
12-01-2003, 08:14 PM
I noticed this to. TNT does have two games a week but they only show them on Thursday. I remember last year seeing atleast 2 days of basketball a week on TNT. I think last year there was some games televised on TBS though.

Simon2
12-01-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by: LRB

We'll see after football season. I just noticed that there aren't too many. Maybe they are forcing us to buy that league pass?

Lonely PSU Mavs Fan
12-01-2003, 10:12 PM
Yes i remember last year (or the year before) TBS would have games some tuesdays and TNT would have some on thursday. What i hate recently is that it seems like it is always the detroit pistons. There are a lot of cavs games as well, but i dont mind watching lebron. But the pistons!! i dont know, maybe it is just me and they have not been on that much...

bernardos70
12-02-2003, 09:10 AM
The Nationally televised games.
December: 5 games
January: 6 games
February: 1 game
March: 7 games
April: 3 games in 14 days

Hitman
12-03-2003, 06:33 AM
Hey, you've got to have NBA league pass these days if you want to really follow the league.

Simon2
12-03-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by: Hitman
Hey, you've got to have NBA league pass these days if you want to really follow the league.

I know.

Hitman
12-03-2003, 01:11 PM
I just ordered NBA league pass from those blood sucking leaches known as cablevision, and i was psyched to watch a little of carmelo vs. lebron last night.

Then I find out that that game is on NBA TV, which does not come with the $200 I plunked down for NBA League pass, and can not be ordered seperately, but can be ordered for an "upgrade" of 25 more channels and $25 more dollars per month, which would push my cable bill to nearly $100 a month.

What a joy those folks at Cablevison are. It makes me take some joy in the fact that the Knicks stink.

bernardos70
12-03-2003, 01:44 PM
One word: Satellite. Dish Network offers NBA league pass for $179 or 3x $59.67, and NBA TV is included with it.

Hitman
12-03-2003, 01:50 PM
Yeah, when I get my own place in a few months I will never, ever, ever give anther dollar to cablevision. I will be a DirecTv subscriber immediately.

EricaLubarsky
12-03-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by: LRB

yeah...I noticed that there were very few games on (and way too many w/ Cleveland) but I hadnt thought of football.

ames7
12-03-2003, 02:48 PM
*waving hands wildly*
Ooh! I have! B/c I only get to see like one Mavs game every 2 weeks. Hope it gets better after football season, but it seems like there are a LOT more college games this year. Often, there are college games--nonregional games--on all 3 sports channels at once w/no NBA or NHL coverage at all. I cannot WAIT until I can get NBATV & CenterIce.

Rod1975
12-03-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by: Hitman
Yeah, when I get my own place in a few months I will never, ever, ever give anther dollar to cablevision. I will be a DirecTv subscriber immediately.

Hey Hitman, if it's sports you want, namely basketball, Dish network is better because for only 6 more dollars you can get all the fox sports net channels and NBA TV included. Of course NBA league pass is the same thing only no blacked out NBA games i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif