PDA

View Full Version : Lakers v. Spurs

dirno2000
12-03-2003, 10:15 AM
The Lakers are the evil empire that loaded up on hall of famers in the off-season.

The Spurs seem to be good guys, but they knocked us out of the playoffs and they're also a division rival.

sike
12-03-2003, 10:28 AM
brotha, I am a Texan!

Psychedelic Fuzz
12-03-2003, 10:39 AM
The spurs are our toughest division rival.
The spurs took last year's division title out from under us.
The spurs eliminated us from the playoffs.
The spurs refused to sell tickets to people from DFW.

However, the spurs ARE NOT THE LAKERS!

I vote spurs

LRB
12-03-2003, 12:26 PM
I pray that the Spurs can find someone else to lose too because I absolutely hate the Fakers. Spurs are my 2nd favorite team and I only root for Dallas to finish a game ahead of them in the standings.

bogey
12-03-2003, 12:50 PM
I hate the leakers.

Go Spurs**

kingrex
12-03-2003, 12:56 PM
As a Mavs fan, this is either a Lose-Lose or a Win-Win. Either a hated team wins and a division rival loses OR the other way around.

As a basketball fan, you just want to see a good game.

LRB
12-03-2003, 01:02 PM
Maybe we can get the dumbass ref that Duncan ran into to ref this game as well. Only this time he needs to jump in front of Shaq. Talk about win-win. The ref gets killed and Shaq gets suspended. Now that would be must see TV.

mercury_rev
12-03-2003, 03:41 PM
Who says Shaq would be suspended? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

I can't cheer for the Lakers......they are the Yankees of the NBA. Besides, the Mavs need to win their own games -- they don't need to count on the Spurs losing.

grndmstr_c
12-03-2003, 03:48 PM
Texan roots run too strong. I root for the Spurs. Only exception would be if the Lakers had to beat the Spurs in order for the Mavs to get home-court or something of that sort.

WayOutWest
12-03-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by: mercury_rev

I can't cheer for the Lakers......they are the Yankees of the NBA. Besides, the Mavs need to win their own games -- they don't need to count on the Spurs losing.

How are the Lakers the Yankees of the NBA. In terms of success and haters I can see your point but they've never bought a title. NY and Portland tried that route and failed. The Lakers have been number 3 or 4 when they ran off their threepeat. The Lakers of the 80's don't even come close to anything Yankee.

What's the basis for you comparission?

Sucks that I'm gonna miss the game but that's the price you pay when you buy into the Lebron hype!

GO CLIPPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ames7
12-03-2003, 04:00 PM
Under no circumstance does one root for the epidome of evil known as the Lakers. When they play the Spurs, I don't root for the Spurs to win, I root for the Lakers to lose.

u2sarajevo
12-03-2003, 04:02 PM
I hate the *'s, but the Lakers get a bit more hatred from me.

Plus, right now the Rapers(sp) have a better record. So hopefully * will stick it to them and tire them out for tomorrow. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

mary
12-03-2003, 04:07 PM
I'm definitely rooting for the Spurs tonight - that Laker momentum needs to be broken. Come April, I might like to see the Lakers hand the Spurs an ass-whooping, but not tonight.

Whoever wins, I hope they do so in Double OT like last time. We need every little bit of help we can get.

Maringa
12-03-2003, 04:07 PM
I'm tempted to hope that the Lakers beat the Spurs, and by a whole bunch. I would hate to see the Mavs face a Laker's team that is mad as a hornet's nest after losing the Spurs....I would rather meet an overconfident Laker's team rather than a ticked off one!!!!

Shaq Attack2
12-03-2003, 04:37 PM
I hope the Lakers destroy the Spurs by 50 on their court. Then I hope they do the same to the Mavs, though I actually like the Mavs.

No hard feelings though. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

mercury_rev
12-03-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by: WayOutWest

Originally posted by: mercury_rev

How are the Lakers the Yankees of the NBA. In terms of success and haters I can see your point but they've never bought a title. NY and Portland tried that route and failed. The Lakers have been number 3 or 4 when they ran off their threepeat. The Lakers of the 80's don't even come close to anything Yankee.

What's the basis for you comparission?

Sucks that I'm gonna miss the game but that's the price you pay when you buy into the Lebron hype!

GO CLIPPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

West, it's not so much buying titles as it is the "love 'em or hate 'em" response both teams draw. Plus they're both successful major market franchises, so we have to hear about them all the time. Plus they almost seem fated to win (Yankees' comeback over Red Sox in Game 7, Lakers comeback over Blazers in 2000 and Kings in 2002....) Plus you have Steinbrenner and Kobe/Shaq so complacent from winning that they have to bitch about this or that, while a gentleman like Tim Duncan gets suspended....

Yes, I'm jealous.

But hey, people felt the same way about the Cowboys, so fair enough!

superheadcat
12-03-2003, 09:09 PM
neither team tried a single free throw until one minute into the 2nd q. wow.

ReDIRKulous
12-03-2003, 09:13 PM
Is anyone watching this game?

I am just looking at the game update.

mary
12-03-2003, 09:16 PM
Is Shaq taking a nap?

superheadcat
12-03-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by: mary
Is Shaq taking a nap?

i don't know, but he is scoreless in 12 min. and no fta either.

bernardos70
12-03-2003, 09:23 PM
44-29 spurs. Go spurs! Hopefully tomorrow we can make the lakers trip to texas a really really bad onei/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

superheadcat
12-03-2003, 09:41 PM
is shaq hurt?

half time, he's 1-5 fg, 0-2 ft, 2 pts, 3 tos. george led laker's scoring at 12.

weird.

superheadcat
12-03-2003, 09:50 PM
also, shaq did not try 1st fga until 6:20 into the game.
the 4 misses are all layups/jumpers (according to espn, they r 0 ft, 1 ft, 2 ft and 9 ft js).

Chiwas
12-03-2003, 10:03 PM
55-49 the Smurfs winning.

superheadcat
12-03-2003, 10:25 PM
shaq was back to life (kind of) in 3rd q, shooting 3-5 fg, 3-4 ft, but he also got 4 pfs total.
lakers were able to tie the game from 6pt behind at half, but at the end of 3rd q, they r again behind 62-71.

lakers r just not the same team on the road (which other team does this remind u of?)

ReDIRKulous
12-03-2003, 10:37 PM
Gotta love the scores in a game between the supposed 2 best teams in the league. Also, gotta love how differently the games are called depending on where they are played... there should be a slight home court advantage... but this is ridiculous... why even play the games if you are going to spot the home team 20 points? And imo this is a league wide Home court advantage thing going on. I guess that is one way to keep eveyone happy about the officiating. Is this ref reform?

ReDIRKulous
12-03-2003, 11:06 PM
That was brutal.. reminds me of game one of the WCF where we won at the very end.

LA 90 SA 86

superheadcat
12-03-2003, 11:09 PM
oh my, lakers outscored spurs 28-15 in 4th q, and won 90-86.
shaq had 9 blocks.

ReDIRKulous
12-03-2003, 11:17 PM
To anyone watching the game... do you think the LAkers had much taken out of them during this game, especially Shaq and Malone?

Chiwas
12-03-2003, 11:22 PM
The Smurfs under .500?

They like to start bad.

Nash13
12-03-2003, 11:25 PM
That doesn't mean anything CHIcago WAShington.

The Lakers started 11-19 last season and ended up winning 50 games.

ReDIRKulous
12-03-2003, 11:34 PM
Imagine Karl Malone as a member of the Spurs. He told the Los Angeles Daily News that he was leaning toward San Antonio -- if the Spurs had not been so infatuated with other free agents. "Everything pointed toward it," Malone said. "It would have been closer to home (Arkansas), more outdoorsy, so to speak. So, oh yeah, I would definitely say that they had the upper hand in the beginning." The Spurs were more interested in Jason Kidd and possibly Alonzo Mourning -- and settled for Rasho Nesterovic and Robert Horry. "If they would have came at me a little harder, it probably would be a little different," Malone said. "But it didn't. And it worked out for the better here."

I knew Malone was BSing when he aid he was going to go with the MAvs if we went after him. What a lying sack.

ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=sas)

bogey
12-04-2003, 02:23 AM
The Spurs** really screwed the pooch tonight. They were up by 15 a couple of times and blew the monkey at home? Great team.

dirno2000
12-04-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by: ReDIRKulous

Imagine Karl Malone as a member of the Spurs. He told the Los Angeles Daily News that he was leaning toward San Antonio -- if the Spurs had not been so infatuated with other free agents. "Everything pointed toward it," Malone said. "It would have been closer to home (Arkansas), more outdoorsy, so to speak. So, oh yeah, I would definitely say that they had the upper hand in the beginning." The Spurs were more interested in Jason Kidd and possibly Alonzo Mourning -- and settled for Rasho Nesterovic and Robert Horry. "If they would have came at me a little harder, it probably would be a little different," Malone said. "But it didn't. And it worked out for the better here."

I knew Malone was BSing when he aid he was going to go with the MAvs if we went after him. What a lying sack.

I get the feeling that before the Sac game, Malone will be talking about how the Kings were his 1st choice, but they went after Brad Miller.

ReDIRKulous
12-04-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by: dirno2000

Originally posted by: ReDIRKulous

I get the feeling that before the Sac game, Malone will be talking about how the Kings were his 1st choice, but they went after Brad Miller.

Exactly! I knew that was what he was doing before our first game witrh the LAkers too. Opening night. I knew he was BSing when he said the Mavs were, "at the top of a very short list" before he could sign with the Lakers last summer.