PDA

View Full Version : The official "I love AK47" Thread

Walkerforthree
12-03-2003, 10:27 PM
I am watching the Houston-Utah game, the man is just incredulous. How can you not love this kid, statistically, he's a freaking max dollar player. He's my favorite guy in the nba behind walker and dirk.
Just look at these stats:
17.4 ppg
7.7 rpg
3.1 aspg
2.3 bpg
1.9 spg
only 2.5 to pg
50.5% fg
34.3% 3point
89.2% ft

The guy is nuts! He is killing houston tonight.
13 points
7 STEALS
5 BLOCKS
5 ASSISTS
5-8, 3-3 ft

I would trade anyone on this roster for him not named Dirk. I just love the guy's game.

Walkerforthree
12-03-2003, 11:06 PM
man, he is tough. Down by 1, 5 seconds left, he takes it RIGHT AT MING, draws the foul. Unfortunately only made 1 of 2 ft's, but that will send it to OT

Dirkenstien
12-03-2003, 11:11 PM
He is a very good player and has been playing great defense..it will be interesting to see just how much this guy developes.

Walkerforthree
12-03-2003, 11:16 PM
he's not just been playing great d, but great O too.

EricaLubarsky
12-03-2003, 11:23 PM
How about an official "I love Voshon Lenard" thread?
How about an official "I love Erick Dampier" thread?
How about an official "I love Donyell Marshall" thread"

does anyone with a good night deserve a thread?

edit: oh wait there already is a Voshon Lenard and a Donyell Marshall thread

Walkerforthree
12-03-2003, 11:25 PM
wow, your not to bright, eh??? This thread has nothing to do with tonight. I started it because he is having a monster YEAR, and I am a huge fan of his. thus, i started a thread on a great player i like, having a great year, in the NBA SECTION. The only thread i started about a player b/c of a single night is Lenard, only b/c 26 points in a qtr is INSANE

EricaLubarsky
12-03-2003, 11:27 PM
you are a genius.

Walkerforthree
12-03-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
you are a genius.

thanks captain obvious i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
Now lets keep things on topic

Walkerforthree
12-03-2003, 11:33 PM
tough loss, but AK finished w/ 19 points, 8 steals, 7 assists, 5 blocks, 5 boards.

Walkerforthree
12-03-2003, 11:34 PM

you are a genius.

And wow. So what? Yes, you took one part of my post. Yes I said he was killing houston tonight, however if you read the rest of the post, its clear I started it mainly based off his season.

Dirkenstien
12-04-2003, 12:35 AM
How about an official "I love Voshon Lenard" thread?
How about an official "I love Erick Dampier" thread?
How about an official "I love Donyell Marshall" thread"

does anyone with a good night deserve a thread?

edit: oh wait there already is a Voshon Lenard and a Donyell Marshall thread

No, Kirilenko is having a great year and is playing awesome defense which is extremely uncommon for foreigners. He is quickly becoming Utah's franchise player and the sky is the limit as far as potential goes. I would trade just about anyone on our team except for Nash or Dirk to get him.

Jamisonite
12-04-2003, 12:45 AM
Ok Kirilenko has been playing this well all season. He won Western Conference player of the week for Nov 3- Nov 9th...takes some kind of play to do that. Hes getting 17 pts 8 brds 2 stls and 2 blocks per game. Thats great...more than one game. And on top of all of this. He has taken a Jazz team with almost ZERO talent, put them on his back, and they have won. IMO hes the 3rd best european in the NBA. Slightly behind Dirk and Peja. And honestly...he may become better if he already isnt seeing that he is an amazing defender.

Big Boy Laroux
12-04-2003, 08:49 AM
but man is he fugly.

Usually Lurkin
12-04-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
but man is he fugly.

- which is something he's been working on his whole life.

(evolutionarily speaking, maybe longer if his parents are ugly, too.)

I think somewhere it says, "blessed are the ugly people. . . especially if they average 17 pts, 2 blocks and 2 steals."

MavKikiNYC
12-04-2003, 09:12 AM
Evolution?

<Just kidding. Couldn't resist.>

Usually Lurkin
12-04-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
Evolution?

There is a distinct possibility that Kirilinko may mutate into a completely different species.

Who knows. God works in mysterious ways. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

madape
12-04-2003, 11:08 AM
He looks like Kurt Warner's wife

Big Boy Laroux
12-04-2003, 11:13 AM
ha ha. good one ape.

seriously, it looks like he's sporting a mohawk now.

Big Boy Laroux
12-04-2003, 11:14 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20031120/capt.slcw10311200313.kings_jazz_slcw103.jpg

doug christie, i will eat your children!

Male30Dan
12-04-2003, 11:19 AM
Come on guys... We are talking about how great it is to get Kirilenko in a Mavs uniform... Please do not forget all of the "special" players the Mavs have had playing with us over the years... The far and away most "special" player was Mr. Popeye... Then of course there was Cassell... Oh, and lets not forget about the walking stick... My wife, who is not knowledgeable about Basketball much at all, walked into our bedroom the other night and said "HAHAHA... WHO IS THAT SKINNY TALL GUY"!!! Basically, we should all realize that the Mavs have never been a team that strayed away from those that hit every branch of the FUGLY tree on their way down...

I say even without talent, he would be a perfect fit for us!!!

i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Dirkenstien
12-04-2003, 11:46 AM
who cares what he looks like..this is basketball not a beauty pageant. Aslong as he brings his game he can look like micheal jackson for all i care

LRB
12-04-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by: Dirkenstien
who cares what he looks like..this is basketball not a beauty pageant. Aslong as he brings his game he can look like micheal jackson for all i care

OK Sike that's one vote to keep you off the Mavs. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

sike
12-04-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by: LRB

Originally posted by: Dirkenstien

OK Sike that's one vote to keep you off the Mavs. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

"he can look like micheal jackson"...he can...he can..he can.....

BLAST YOU SNOWMAN! I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

OzMavs
12-11-2003, 08:32 PM
Dec 06 2003 - According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Andrei Kirilenko's ''5x5'' from Wednesday was a rare feat only matched twice in the last 10 years. Triple-doubles get all the pub, but a 5x5 (at least five each of points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks in one game), has only been managed by Vlade Divac (1995) and Jamaal Tinsley (2001) during the past decade. Wednesday, Kirilenko had 19 points, five boards, seven assists, eight steals, and five blocks. It's easy to see why he has the fifth-best Efficiency rating in the league.

by the way, he just did it again today vs the Knicks. First time in NBA history a player had done it twice

WayOutWest
12-12-2003, 12:41 AM
Evolution?

What's scary is he's married to the best female b-baller from Russia. I think she's about 6'5 or 6'6. His 6'11 kids with T-Mac/Kobe/Iverson skills will dominate the league!!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Blonde Bomber
12-12-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
but man is he fugly.

He looks like Ivan Drago (Rocky IV) on crack

Chicago JK
12-12-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by: WayOutWest

Evolution?

What's scary is he's married to the best female b-baller from Russia. I think she's about 6'5 or 6'6. His 6'11 kids with T-Mac/Kobe/Iverson skills will dominate the league!!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

I thought AK was married to a Russian pop star. At least he was last year.

u2sarajevo
12-12-2003, 03:49 PM
You are right Chicago... Click here (http://www.interbasket.net/players/kirilenko.htm) and look at the Personal Facts section.

Big Boy Laroux
12-12-2003, 07:49 PM
yeah, and he's even in one of her music videos (i read that in SI). apparently, he dances around in the background.

Mandyahl
12-17-2003, 05:21 PM
interesting question brought up on the lmf board...

at this point, for this team, who would you rather have? dirk nowitzki or andrei kirilenko?

this question actually came up for me last night in my fantasy league because someone dropped their whole team and i had to decide between dirk and kirilenko.

anyways, i think it is an interesting question because dirk has obviously been the better player the last few years, but ak47 has been outplaying dirk through the first quarter of this season. also, andrei is a great defender, is turning into a good offensive player, and is just 22.

in the end, i would have to say dirk, but i don't think the answer is all that clear cut anymore.

Walkerforthree
12-21-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by: Mandyahl

at this point, for this team, who would you rather have? dirk nowitzki or andrei kirilenko?

this question actually came up for me last night in my fantasy league because someone dropped their whole team and i had to decide between dirk and kirilenko.

anyways, i think it is an interesting question because dirk has obviously been the better player the last few years, but ak47 has been outplaying dirk through the first quarter of this season. also, andrei is a great defender, is turning into a good offensive player, and is just 22.

in the end, i would have to say dirk, but i don't think the answer is all that clear cut anymore.

AK47 is the man, but Dirk is still a good bit player, its really not THAT close. You have to remember AK is on a depleted Utah team, dirk's top 6, AK47 is top 20, 15 mabye. Its somewhat close, but dirk is better for sure.

Mandyahl
12-21-2003, 05:47 PM
AK47 is the man, but Dirk is still a good bit player, its really not THAT close. You have to remember AK is on a depleted Utah team, dirk's top 6, AK47 is top 20, 15 mabye. Its somewhat close, but dirk is better for sure.

oh, i don't doubt that dirk is better now. but kirilenko is three years younger and has been improving as quickly as dirk did. his defense is already head and shoulders above dirk's, and his offense game is getting pretty good. plus, until dirk gets out of this slump, kirilenko has been a superior player so far this year.

Walkerforthree
12-21-2003, 10:20 PM

oh, i don't doubt that dirk is better now. but kirilenko is three years younger and has been improving as quickly as dirk did. his defense is already head and shoulders above dirk's, and his offense game is getting pretty good. plus, until dirk gets out of this slump, kirilenko has been a superior player so far this year.

mmmm, no, ak has not been superior this year, especially if you take into account AK is the only real threat on Utah, but he definately is having a great year.

Mandyahl
12-22-2003, 03:11 AM
how is kirilenko not having a better year? in playing the same minutes per game, the only statistical categories in which dirk is better are points per game and ft percentage, neither by much. ak47 has more rebounds and assists per game, significantly more steals and blocks per game, and better field goal and three-point percentages. please do explain why dirk is having a better year?

Walkerforthree
12-22-2003, 02:21 PM
how is kirilenko not having a better year? in playing the same minutes per game, the only statistical categories in which dirk is better are points per game and ft percentage, neither by much. ak47 has more rebounds and assists per game, significantly more steals and blocks per game, and better field goal and three-point percentages. please do explain why dirk is having a better year?

No Mam. I never said Dirk is having a better year, AK IS having a better year. I merely refuted that AK is having a SUPERIOR year. Wordchoice, perhaps you were inconspicuous as to why you went from "superior" to "better" after I refuted it.

Mandyahl
12-23-2003, 01:45 AM
i went from superior to better because the two words are synonyms. honestly, i didn't even notice switching between the two because they mean the same thing in this context. but, since we both agree that ak is having the better year, let's not argue semantics. though i do think you were trying to backtrack, but because we agree now i will let that go.

irontoad
03-24-2004, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by: OzMavs
Dec 06 2003 - According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Andrei Kirilenko's ''5x5'' from Wednesday was a rare feat only matched twice in the last 10 years. Triple-doubles get all the pub, but a 5x5 (at least five each of points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks in one game), has only been managed by Vlade Divac (1995) and Jamaal Tinsley (2001) during the past decade. Wednesday, Kirilenko had 19 points, five boards, seven assists, eight steals, and five blocks. It's easy to see why he has the fifth-best Efficiency rating in the league.

by the way, he just did it again today vs the Knicks. First time in NBA history a player had done it twice

He nearly pulled it off again tonight, just 1 steal shy...

Murphy3
03-24-2004, 11:24 AM

Who would I rather have? Dirk. Who's having the slightly better season? AK.
Dirk has the chance to be one of the very best players to ever play this game if ever given enough of the offensive reigns on any team.

Dirkenstien
03-24-2004, 11:24 AM
man..this guy sure can play some bball