12-12-2003, 12:28 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1684364

Pretty good stuff. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Big_Dog
12-12-2003, 09:27 AM
go walker! i just love this guy...

Dirkenstien
12-13-2003, 08:21 PM
Walker is great..i dont know what those folks in Boston were continuously complaining about, but I absolutely love this guy and am very thankful to have him on this team.

StupidDannyAInge
12-14-2003, 11:18 PM
Danny Ainge is a jerk. He has been calling Antoine all kinds of names on talk radio and in articles all written by the sucky Boston Globe who is always trying to start trouble and then Antoine finally defends himself after 2 months of Ainge slandering his name and a bunch of Celtics fans have to start saying Antoine is wrong.

I hate Boston and their fans.

bogey
12-14-2003, 11:20 PM
I am glad that Walker is here, but I'd prefer he not air out old dirty laundry like that. If he has a problem with Ainge, maybe he should address Ainge. It makes him look bad.

Gator Mike
12-15-2003, 11:36 AM
He has been calling Antoine all kinds of names on talk radio and in articles

What names did Ainge call Antoine? Ainge didn't call Walker a "snake", it was the other way around.

Antoine finally defends himself after 2 months of Ainge slandering his name and a bunch of Celtics fans have to start saying Antoine is wrong.

Because Ainge never really slandered Antoine. All he's ever really said about the whole matter was that he thought the trade improved his team.

StupidDannyAInge
12-15-2003, 07:57 PM
Mike you are truly clueless.
You do not live in Boston so you have not heard Ainge on the radio.
He called Antoine selfish and lazy and said that he always told people what to do but never did it himself.
All 3 things are lies.
He said he wasn't a team player and that Pierce would be better off with out him.
He also said that Antoine was spoiled and always got what he wanted and was not used to anyone ever telling him NO. Ainge said that is why Antoine lashed out and called him a snake.

There have been at least 5 articles in the Boston Globe where Ainge insulted Antoine and literally called him names.
He also has been on the radio twice saying things about Dallas and how Antoine isn't fitting in there and taking to many shots.

Antoine made these comments his comments to the BOSTON GLOBE which is a BOSTON paper .
He isn't airing his past in Dallas. If he has said anything in Dallas it is because people have asked him
about his comments.

Ainge is a first class jerk and he has lied to every player's face on the Celtics. He deserves to be called out for what he is doing.

Gator Mike
12-16-2003, 08:54 AM
Actually, I do live in Boston (Malden, actually...) and I have heard Danny Ainge on the radio. I've heard him specifically say things like, "I'm not going to say bad things about Antoine" when John Dennis practically invited him to rip AW to shreds. About the worst thing I've heard him say was "If you knew what I knew about Antoine, you would have made the trade too." That could mean a thousand different things.

He called Antoine selfish and lazy and said that he always told people what to do but never did it himself.
As I remember, Ainge specifically praised AW for coming into camp in terrific shape. He just didn't like Antoine's game, and that's his right. There were things I didn't like about Antoine's game, too.

There have been at least 5 articles in the Boston Globe where Ainge insulted Antoine and literally called him names.
Really?

Boston Globe Celtics' Coverage (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/Week_of_Globe_Celtics_stories/)

Here ya go. All the Celtics stories in the Boston Globe from the last week, including the article where AW calls Ainge a snake. Show me one article where Danny Ainge calls Antoine a name.

He also has been on the radio twice saying things about Dallas and how Antoine isn't fitting in there and taking to many shots.

Ainge on the Walker Trade (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2003/12/11/antoine_walker_calls_danny_ainge_a_snake/)

"I knew that this might be a step backwards. I knew how some people might perceive this. I knew that Antoine Walker would put up better numbers in Dallas in my opinion than he did in Boston. I said all that the day of the trade.'' - Danny Ainge

And by the way, Antoine IS shooting the ball too much in Dallas.

MightyToine
12-16-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by: Gator Mike

Actually, I do live in Boston (Malden, actually...) and I have heard Danny Ainge on the radio. I've heard him specifically say things like, "I'm not going to say bad things about Antoine" when John Dennis practically invited him to rip AW to shreds. About the worst thing I've heard him say was "If you knew what I knew about Antoine, you would have made the trade too." That could mean a thousand different things.

As I remember, Ainge specifically praised AW for coming into camp in terrific shape. He just didn't like Antoine's game, and that's his right. There were things I didn't like about Antoine's game, too.

Really?

Boston Globe Celtics' Coverage (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/Week_of_Globe_Celtics_stories/)

Here ya go. All the Celtics stories in the Boston Globe from the last week, including the article where AW calls Ainge a snake. Show me one article where Danny Ainge calls Antoine a name.

Ainge on the Walker Trade (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2003/12/11/antoine_walker_calls_danny_ainge_a_snake/)

"I knew that this might be a step backwards. I knew how some people might perceive this. I knew that Antoine Walker would put up better numbers in Dallas in my opinion than he did in Boston. I said all that the day of the trade.'' - Danny Ainge

And by the way, Antoine IS shooting the ball too much in Dallas.

What I'd like to know is what Danny Ainge knows that would make even the most ardent Walker-Supporter to trade him??

What....did Walker pull a 'Michael Jackson' or something? Any Skeletons in Walker's closet or what?

I think Ainge is full of shit. i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

Gator Mike
12-16-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by: MightyToine

What I'd like to know is what Danny Ainge knows that would make even the most ardent Walker-Supporter to trade him??

What....did Walker pull a 'Michael Jackson' or something? Any Skeletons in Walker's closet or what?

I think Ainge is full of shit. i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

As I said... that could mean a thousand different things.

Maybe it means that Danny knew that Antoine was going to be VERY difficult to resign? And that the Celtics couldn't afford to let Antoine walk away for nothing at the end of the year.

Drbio
12-16-2003, 09:34 AM
Mike- I think you have just come up against some sour grapes. Obviously he is an Antoine fan and his opinion of Ainge isn't likely to change. Ainge did us all a favor for sending AW to Dallas and for that alone I will praise him. I doubt seriously that Ainge has ever made direct public quotes about AW in a negative fashion. I don't consider "He shoots too much" a negative thing, but rather a skills assessment. Comments like that, although they sting, are not negative in nature usually.

StupidDannyAInge
12-16-2003, 06:56 PM
Danny Ainge was interviewed before the Celtics game against Toronto and said the thing about Antoine was just complaining because he didn't get his own way and he isn't used to hearing the words NO (Then he laughed)

Then he was interviewed on WEEI and insulted how Walker was playing in Dallas.
He said some other things to that can easily be confirmed if you ask someone at WEEI. They have a web site.
www.weei.com

During the trade press conference Ainge was quoted as calling Antoine Lazy and said he wouldn't play team ball.
The Boston Globe articles don't stay online unless you pay but they can be confirmed at www.boston.com

I don't appreciate being called a liar and you can confirm what I said if you contact these two web sites.

There was a discussion for hours the other day on WEEI about how Ainge has ripped Antoine since he left town.

Danny Ainge had no intentions of keeping Antoine. Money was not the issue because Ainge refused to discuss a extention or any kind of trade talks with Antoine. Obviously if he had not discussed a extention then he could not have traded him because of it.

Gator Mike
12-18-2003, 09:05 AM
Danny Ainge was interviewed before the Celtics game against Toronto and said the thing about Antoine was just complaining because he didn't get his own way and he isn't used to hearing the words NO (Then he laughed)
You know, you have this gift for hearing what you want to hear. What Ainge actually said was that he thought Antoine was bitter because Antoine wanted to stay in Boston and he felt the team owed him a contract extension.

And you know what? Danny wasn't the only person in the Celtics' organization who discussed this trade. Jim O'Brien, Chris Wallace, and even Red Auerbach were all on board.

Then he was interviewed on WEEI and insulted how Walker was playing in Dallas.
I don't have to ask WEEI what Danny said. I heard it for myself... or didn't you pick up on that when I said I heard John Dennis invite Danny to rip Antoine in public, only for Danny to take the high road.

I also heard Danny say that he thought Antoine was playing very well in Dallas and that he was a perfect fit for the Mavs' offense.

And Antoine IS shooting the ball too much.

I don't appreciate being called a liar and you can confirm what I said if you contact these two web sites.
I didn't call you a liar. You simply choose to believe what you want to believe.

There was a discussion for hours the other day on WEEI about how Ainge has ripped Antoine since he left town.
The discussion on The Big Show yesterday was about two quotes Ainge made to John Dennis and Gerry Calahan:

"If you knew what I knew about Antoine, you would have made the deal, too."

"Let me tell you something about Antoine... no, on second thought, I'm not going to get into it on here."

Could you read something into that? Sure. But he didn't exactly rip Antoine, either.

Danny Ainge had no intentions of keeping Antoine. Money was not the issue because Ainge refused to discuss a extention or any kind of trade talks with Antoine. Obviously if he had not discussed a extention then he could not have traded him because of it.
You're right. Ainge traded him because he didn't like his game, and didn't think it meshed with Paul Pierce. He thought the Pierce/Walker Celtics had gone about as far as they could, and I agree with him.

StupidDannyAInge
12-19-2003, 04:01 PM
No you are the liar. You just ball faced lied to everyone on this board.

Danny Ainge's exact words were that Antoine is just mad about being traded and he is not used to hearing the words NO .

You heard what you wanted to hear and just literally lied to everyone at this board to prove your point which is 100% false.

Ainge ripped Walker at the press conference right after the trade and you just happened to leave out the first month and a half of articles the Globe used.
Then there was the press conference where he called Walker lazy and said he would never fit into his system (a system that he has pratically scrapped because Paul Pierce was playing horribly in it)
He went on to say that Walker wasn't a team player and wanted to much money to re-sign here. Then he says he never talked to Walker about an extention so I would like to know which one it was. He was caught in a lie right there.

Danny Ainge ripped Walker when he brought up how he is playing in Dallas. That does not concern him and you don't find it strange that he is making comments about a team that is not his?

MightyToine
12-19-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by: StupidDannyAInge
No you are the liar. You just ball faced lied to everyone on this board.

Danny Ainge's exact words were that Antoine is just mad about being traded and he is not used to hearing the words NO .

You heard what you wanted to hear and just literally lied to everyone at this board to prove your point which is 100% false.

Ainge ripped Walker at the press conference right after the trade and you just happened to leave out the first month and a half of articles the Globe used.
Then there was the press conference where he called Walker lazy and said he would never fit into his system (a system that he has pratically scrapped because Paul Pierce was playing horribly in it)
He went on to say that Walker wasn't a team player and wanted to much money to re-sign here. Then he says he never talked to Walker about an extention so I would like to know which one it was. He was caught in a lie right there.

Danny Ainge ripped Walker when he brought up how he is playing in Dallas. That does not concern him and you don't find it strange that he is making comments about a team that is not his?

It is sooo damn obvious that Ainge has a vendetta against Walker for some reason, it's not even funny. i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

Gator Mike
12-20-2003, 01:43 PM
Danny Ainge's exact words were that Antoine is just mad about being traded and he is not used to hearing the words NO.
Admittedly, I didn't see Ainge's pre-game interview on FSNE before the Toronto game, but Ainge was asked about Walker's pre-Celtics tirade, and he said... "Time will answer all the questions. I'm not going to get into a squabble with Antoine Walker. Every player that gets traded is emotionally hurt and their pride is hurt and I understand it."

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/basketball/article/0,1406,KNS_629_2500775,00.html

Because they're not on the site any more. Doesn't matter, I know how the media works. If DA had said the kind of things you think he said at a press conference, they would have been all over the stories leading up to the Celtics-Mavs game. And they certainly would have been mentioned in Shira Springer's interview with Antoine. They have no interest in making Antoine look bad or Danny look good. They want to sell newspapers. And nothing sells more newspapers than a GM and a former star trading insults in the media. Only in this case, the name-calling came only from Antoine. Actually, if you're from Boston, you should know that the sports media in this town lives to eat their own. If Danny had said what you think he said, it would be all over the place.

Just find me one article where he calls Antoine "lazy". Or where he says Antoine isn't a team player. Just one.

You don't have to have started contract negotiations to know that the two sides were never going to agree on what Antoine was worth. All you had to know was that they viewed Antoine thought of himself in the same class as guys like Iverson and Ray Allen, while Danny thought he was a nice third or fourth option on a good team, but wasn't good enough to be one of the two main stars on a Championship caliber squad. They were NEVER going to agree.

As a matter of fact, Danny said on WEEI that his plan was to play this season with Antoine and then trade him with one year left on his deal, but that the Dallas offer was too good to pass up.

And if you haven't noticed, Jiri Welsch can play. And Raef can play a little when he's healthy. And Chris Mills lets them use the MLE this year. And they also get a first round pick.

Danny Ainge ripped Walker when he brought up how he is playing in Dallas.

StupidDannyAInge
12-20-2003, 08:43 PM
Danny Ainge said on the radio (not the TV) the comments about Antoine just being mad because no one had ever told him no.
You called me a liar above and told me you heard that conversation when you never did.
Second- The other night Tommy Heinson was giving his opinion on the trade and he said the owners would have eventually caved in and given Antoine a deal because they new how inportant he was to the team. Funny how that never happened.
Third- The press conference bits where shown here in Boston on every channel inculding NECN which showed more of it then anyone and he did in deed call Antoine lazy and say he wasn't going to fit in to this team
(when anyone who watched the pre season games they saw who the first player was up the court. It was Antoine)

Danny Ainge was never going to give Antoine an extention but he lied to his face and told him he was never going to trade him.
Danny doesn't seem to remember anything he says a day after he said it because he denied saying that Antoine was the reason Rick Pitino quit when he said that on National Television and he still says he never said that.

I bet you missed the part in the Herald the other day where it says that a un-known executive told the Celtics players not to go to the celebration Antoine was planning for the night before the game.
Or are you going to call me a liar on that one too.

You are the liar and you are clearly the one with a hidden agenda.
I just want the Celtics back to being a good team.
They should have built around Antoine and Paul and with the edition of Ricky (if he can stop being a selfish Pierce wanna be) this team could have been the best in the East.
Jiri is the most inconsitant player on that team. If his 3's go in he is okay otehr wise he sucks.

Gator Mike
12-21-2003, 11:18 AM
Danny Ainge said on the radio (not the TV) the comments about Antoine just being mad because no one had ever told him no. You called me a liar above and told me you heard that conversation when you never did.
I'll admit this... I didn't read your post very carefully. I thought you were referring to a different Ainge interview. That's my fault, and I apologize for that.

But I never called you a liar. I just think that you're upset about the Walker trade, so when Ainge says something, you hear what you want to hear and believe what you want to believe instead of listening to what he actually said.

Second- The other night Tommy Heinson was giving his opinion on the trade and he said the owners would have eventually caved in and given Antoine a deal because they new how inportant he was to the team. Funny how that never happened.
With all due respect to the owners, it shouldn't be their decision on whether Antoine gets an extension or not. They hired Ainge to make the basketball decisions, and they should let him make the basketball decisions. How fair would it be to Danny if he decided that he didn't want Antoine on the team for whatever reason, only for the owners to overrule him?

Third- The press conference bits where shown here in Boston on every channel inculding NECN which showed more of it then anyone and he did in deed call Antoine lazy and say he wasn't going to fit in to this team
I remember Ainge arguing that AW was never going to fit into what the Celtics wanted to do. He said AW had "hold of the organization" that they needed to break, and that he didn't think Antoine shot the ball well enough to warrant 20 shots per game.

But I also remember him specifically praising AW for coming into camp some 25 pounds lighter than he ended last season. That doesn't sound like someone who thinks Antoine was lazy.

Danny Ainge was never going to give Antoine an extention but he lied to his face and told him he was never going to trade him.
Ainge claims he told Antoine that he had no intentions of trading him... which was probably true at the time he said it, and is different from telling a player that he was never going to trade him. He admitted on WEEI that he thought he would play out this year and trade AW after the season. And then he apparently got overwhelmed by the offer from Dallas.

I bet you missed the part in the Herald the other day where it says that a un-known executive told the Celtics players not to go to the celebration Antoine was planning for the night before the game.
No, I didn't miss that, and if that happened, it's unfortunate, but somewhat understandable. But that doesn't mean Danny Ainge was going around telling his guys not to go. He's not the only executive the Celtics have.

They should have built around Antoine and Paul and with the edition of Ricky (if he can stop being a selfish Pierce wanna be) this team could have been the best in the East.
I have no interest in merely turning the Celtics into the best team in the East. I want them to be the best team in the league. And if Danny Ainge thinks we've got to take a step or two back in order to take four steps forward three years from now, then so be it. I actually agree with Danny's assessment of this Celtics team and of Antoine -

1. The Celtics of the past two seasons had overachieved to get as far as they did in the playoffs.
2. The Pierce/Walker Celtics had gone just about as far as they could.
3. Antoine doesn't shoot the ball well enough to warrant 20 shots per game.
4. It's hard to win consistantly if you rely heavily on a player who's as inconsistant as Antoine is from game to game, quarter to quarter, possession to possession. I think that's part of the reason the Mavericks are struggling.

Jiri is the most inconsitant player on that team. If his 3's go in he is okay otehr wise he sucks.
I'll disagree on this, too. I LOVE Jiri's all-around game. He's young, so he's been a little inconsistant, but since he became a starter, it's hard to argue with 13.5 ppg and a 6-3 record. Besides, he does more than shoot the 3... he moves very well without the ball, he's a smart passer, and he's maybe the best man-to-man defender on the team.

StupidDannyAInge
12-21-2003, 04:40 PM
The only three players who played defense on the Celtics were traded away to Cleveland a week ago so Jiri being the best isn't saying much. Plus I disagree that he can defend at all but that isn't what this message board is for.

When you tell me I am hearing what I want to hear you are essentially calling me a liar.

Danny Ainge is the only executive who would tell these players not to go to a thing like this. He and Wyc are the only two higher ups there on a day to day basis with this team

As for your number 4 that is wrong too. Walker defered to Dirk last night and the game before that and each time he shot the Mavericks out of the game.

I don't want to fight with you anymore because I am not changing my opinion (as you are not changing yours)
but don't come here and start telling me I am wrong about something I actually heard and stuff that was actually said by Danny Ainge because I don't appreciate it.
Call NESN and see if you can get a transcript of the press conference and you can hear it all for yourself.

Originally posted by: Gator Mike

Danny Ainge said on the radio (not the TV) the comments about Antoine just being mad because no one had ever told him no. You called me a liar above and told me you heard that conversation when you never did.
I'll admit this... I didn't read your post very carefully. I thought you were referring to a different Ainge interview. That's my fault, and I apologize for that.

But I never called you a liar. I just think that you're upset about the Walker trade, so when Ainge says something, you hear what you want to hear and believe what you want to believe instead of listening to what he actually said.

With all due respect to the owners, it shouldn't be their decision on whether Antoine gets an extension or not. They hired Ainge to make the basketball decisions, and they should let him make the basketball decisions. How fair would it be to Danny if he decided that he didn't want Antoine on the team for whatever reason, only for the owners to overrule him?

I remember Ainge arguing that AW was never going to fit into what the Celtics wanted to do. He said AW had "hold of the organization" that they needed to break, and that he didn't think Antoine shot the ball well enough to warrant 20 shots per game.

But I also remember him specifically praising AW for coming into camp some 25 pounds lighter than he ended last season. That doesn't sound like someone who thinks Antoine was lazy.

Ainge claims he told Antoine that he had no intentions of trading him... which was probably true at the time he said it, and is different from telling a player that he was never going to trade him. He admitted on WEEI that he thought he would play out this year and trade AW after the season. And then he apparently got overwhelmed by the offer from Dallas.

No, I didn't miss that, and if that happened, it's unfortunate, but somewhat understandable. But that doesn't mean Danny Ainge was going around telling his guys not to go. He's not the only executive the Celtics have.

I have no interest in merely turning the Celtics into the best team in the East. I want them to be the best team in the league. And if Danny Ainge thinks we've got to take a step or two back in order to take four steps forward three years from now, then so be it. I actually agree with Danny's assessment of this Celtics team and of Antoine -

1. The Celtics of the past two seasons had overachieved to get as far as they did in the playoffs.
2. The Pierce/Walker Celtics had gone just about as far as they could.
3. Antoine doesn't shoot the ball well enough to warrant 20 shots per game.
4. It's hard to win consistantly if you rely heavily on a player who's as inconsistant as Antoine is from game to game, quarter to quarter, possession to possession. I think that's part of the reason the Mavericks are struggling.

I'll disagree on this, too. I LOVE Jiri's all-around game. He's young, so he's been a little inconsistant, but since he became a starter, it's hard to argue with 13.5 ppg and a 6-3 record. Besides, he does more than shoot the 3... he moves very well without the ball, he's a smart passer, and he's maybe the best man-to-man defender on the team.