PDA

View Full Version : AJ/Best for Afro/Cato


Jeremiah
12-18-2003, 11:43 PM
Cato has grown on me. He's not the post scorer, but he plays decent defense, and he's athletic. If he came, he'd get his points on alley oops. He gets nearly 2bpg too. He's not going to score in bunches, but he's a C, and he'd allow Dirk to be at the 4, and Toine at the 3. Plus, it gives guys like Fin and Toine more shots. It gets rid of Best, who I don't think is doing that well, and keeps Delk, who I think is a great 6th man. There's no chance for controversy here with AJ getting his minutes in Htown, who just happen to need a starting 3. Or, since Mo likes to face up, a 3 that plays the post, and a 4(Mo) that shoots jumpers. It might not look to be a very shrewd deal, but I think it would allow the Mavs to not have to worry about shots so much. Plus, it'd give them a legit C. Would Houston do it? I don't know.

Oh, I'm not high on Moochie, but he had to be included for the salaries to work, and I know Htown doesn't really like him either.

Dallas trades: SF Antawn Jamison (14.5 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 1.1 apg in 29.3 minutes)
PG Travis Best (3.3 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 2.1 apg in 14.3 minutes)
Dallas receives: PG Moochie Norris (2.5 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.9 apg in 14.0 minutes)
C Kelvin Cato (5.7 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 0.8 apg in 28.2 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -9.6 ppg, +1.2 rpg, and -0.5 apg.

Houston trades: PG Moochie Norris (2.5 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.9 apg in 14.0 minutes)
C Kelvin Cato (5.7 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 0.8 apg in 28.2 minutes)
Houston receives: SF Antawn Jamison (14.5 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 1.1 apg in 24 games)
PG Travis Best (3.3 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 2.1 apg in 23 games)
Change in team outlook: +9.6 ppg, -1.2 rpg, and +0.5 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Dallas and Houston being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Dallas and Houston had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Jamisonite
12-18-2003, 11:46 PM
gotta give me more than norris and cato...all norris does is sit on the bench like best with a bigger contract...so its basiccally a jamison for cato deal and that gets a big ol hell no

MikeB
12-19-2003, 12:07 AM
Thats a REAL BIG ol' NO!

Jeremiah
12-19-2003, 12:50 AM
Yeah, well, that's the best of their roster that would actually be useful. Cato would give us a center that could play 25-30 good minutes. I know he wasn't great a few years ago, and he still isn't but he is certainly serviceable. That's what the mavs need, a serviceable center. Is AJ more talented than him, sure, will AJ score more? sure, but AJ won't defend as well, and they'll both get the same amount of rebounds. HE'll also clog the middle, and unclog the forward rotation that is now in Dallas.

There's not much out there, and he helps us more than AJ does. Now if we didn't have toine, or if we didn't have fin, or, if we didn't have Dirk, then AJ could be used to his strengths. Cato's strengths ARE rebounding and blocking shots.

Jamison is good, he's just not good enough for the Mavs to pass up a serviceable, if not, decent center. And I don't care much about strengthening a division rival, I'm more interested in putting a few more role players on the team that can thrive as role players.

As for Mooch, he is just a throw in for me, as I pointed out.

MikeB
12-19-2003, 12:55 AM
Cato looks serviceable because he plays next to YAO. He plays good against us but then again Oliver Miller looked pretty damn good out there tonight after getting called up from the CBA against us too. Wanna trade Jamison to Minny for Wally and Big O?

Jeremiah
12-19-2003, 07:40 AM
Cato looked good before he played next to Yao.

97-98 POR 74 8 13.6 .428 .000 .688 1.20 2.20 3.40 .3 .39 1.27 .59 2.20 3.8
98-99 POR 43 0 12.7 .450 1.000 .507 1.10 2.30 3.50 .4 .53 1.30 .63 2.30 3.5
99-00 HOU 65 32 24.3 .537 .000 .649 1.60 4.40 6.00 .4 .51 1.91 1.09 2.70 8.7
00-01 HOU 35 13 17.8 .577 .000 .649 1.30 2.70 4.00 .3 .37 .89 .71 2.50 4.7
01-02 HOU 75 73 25.6 .583 .000 .582 2.30 4.70 7.00 .4 .53 1.27 .71 2.80 6.6
02-03 HOU 73 5 17.1 .520 .000 .532 1.80 4.10 5.90 .3 .52 1.16 .77 2.40 4.5
03-04 HOU 24 24 28.2 .375 .000 .604 2.80 5.30 8.10 .8 1.00 1.71 1.29 3.50 5.7
Career 389 155 19.5 .509 .077 .608 1.70 3.60 5.30 .4 .51 1.35 .79 2.60 5.5
Playoff 12 0 8.4 .385 .000 .571 .80 .80 1.60 .3 .17 .67 .50 2.10 2.7


He got his big contract in 99-00 from Houston, or in the offseason because he showed good potential. Then he rotted away the next season. He regressed in just about every category. the next year, he picked it back up, then he slipped some which I think might have something to do with playing Yao more, or it could be a pattern for him, because this year, his fg% is way down, but his blocks and rebounds are up. I'm not looking for a stud, just someone that can clog the middle, block some shots, and defend the post. He'd do.

And it's not like he CAN'T score more, rebound more, or block more on a given night, he has a high of 27 (13 this year)a high of 17(14 this year)and a high of 8 (6 this year).

I might be overestimating him some, but you are underestimating him.

madape
12-19-2003, 10:06 AM
Can we please stop proposing trades where we send of Jamison for a load of shit?

kg_veteran
12-19-2003, 10:15 AM
When you constantly talk about trades, your mind constantly changes, but I've about decided that Jamison isn't the one that needs to go, if anybody does.

doggnutz
12-19-2003, 10:16 AM
Complete garbage.. Jamison stays. Only way Jamison leaves is package deal for Garnett or Duncan or Shaq or Tmac.. Only person I would trade for Cato is Wahid and that's because he not part of the team anymore.

MightyToine
12-19-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
When you constantly talk about trades, your mind constantly changes, but I've about decided that Jamison isn't the one that needs to go, if anybody does.



Gee....I wonder who IS? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

kg_veteran
12-19-2003, 10:27 AM
I don't know for certain that anybody needs to go, but that's kind of the whole purpose of this part of the forum; to discuss those possibilities.

Jeremiah
12-19-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by: madape
Can we please stop proposing trades where we send of Jamison for a load of shit?

I only do it to spite you.

MightyToine
12-19-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by: Jeremiah

Originally posted by: madape
Can we please stop proposing trades where we send of Jamison for a load of shit?

I only do it to spite you.



Jeremiah....Shame on you. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

PepperTheMavsFan41
12-20-2003, 12:46 AM
I seriously doubt these 2 teams will be making any deals, any time soon.

Jeremiah
12-20-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by: MightyToine

Originally posted by: Jeremiah

Originally posted by: madape
Can we please stop proposing trades where we send of Jamison for a load of shit?

I only do it to spite you.

Jeremiah....Shame on you. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

It's one of my few vices, and it's just too hard to quit. They don't make chewing gum for this.

thewillis12
12-21-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by: Jeremiah
Cato has grown on me. He's not the post scorer, but he plays decent defense, and he's athletic. If he came, he'd get his points on alley oops. He gets nearly 2bpg too. He's not going to score in bunches, but he's a C, and he'd allow Dirk to be at the 4, and Toine at the 3. Plus, it gives guys like Fin and Toine more shots. It gets rid of Best, who I don't think is doing that well, and keeps Delk, who I think is a great 6th man. There's no chance for controversy here with AJ getting his minutes in Htown, who just happen to need a starting 3. Or, since Mo likes to face up, a 3 that plays the post, and a 4(Mo) that shoots jumpers. It might not look to be a very shrewd deal, but I think it would allow the Mavs to not have to worry about shots so much. Plus, it'd give them a legit C. Would Houston do it? I don't know.

Oh, I'm not high on Moochie, but he had to be included for the salaries to work, and I know Htown doesn't really like him either.

Dallas trades: SF Antawn Jamison (14.5 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 1.1 apg in 29.3 minutes)
PG Travis Best (3.3 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 2.1 apg in 14.3 minutes)
Dallas receives: PG Moochie Norris (2.5 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.9 apg in 14.0 minutes)
C Kelvin Cato (5.7 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 0.8 apg in 28.2 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -9.6 ppg, +1.2 rpg, and -0.5 apg.

Houston trades: PG Moochie Norris (2.5 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.9 apg in 14.0 minutes)
C Kelvin Cato (5.7 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 0.8 apg in 28.2 minutes)
Houston receives: SF Antawn Jamison (14.5 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 1.1 apg in 24 games)
PG Travis Best (3.3 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 2.1 apg in 23 games)
Change in team outlook: +9.6 ppg, -1.2 rpg, and +0.5 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Dallas and Houston being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Dallas and Houston had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

"Plus, it gives guys like Fin and Toine more shots"

excuse me.....do you realy want toine and fin to take more shots???!!! think for just a moment on who you are talking about.