PDA

View Full Version : Seattle trade in the works? Just some musings

EricaLubarsky
12-25-2003, 04:12 AM
There continues to be rumbling that the Sonics are eyeing a trade for legitimate power forward.
The Sonics have a number of tradable assets -- Brent Barry, Ronald Murray, Vladimir Radmanovic -- that they can package with over priced players -- Jerome James, Vitaly Potapenko, Calvin Booth -- to clear cap room and/or help fill that glaring hole in the paint.

Booth ain't bad. With Bradley out we need a center who can block 6 shots in one game. He's averaging nearly 2 blocks per game in 20 minutes. I dont know how he feels about coming back though....

James. 7foot 1. 272 pounds. have I said enough? Lazy player with defensive skill who will stay back in the defensive paint all day- a good thing? A great thing. He's a little Turnover prone- but only when playing in the front half. Better? He's only playing 14mpg for Seattle so he isnt vital.

Potapenko- he's better than Raef for this team and right about now Raef sounds kinda desirable.

Barry- okay...I can dig it. With Allen back, Flip Murray emerging and Ridnour looking good he is REALLY expendable. A backcourt of Nash and Barry could do wonders for bringing back surfer hair into style. He's also shooting a LOT of threes and somehow I wouldnt mind him doing it in Dallas- as long as he makes 44.1% of them like he is doing. He could get our outside shooting going.

Ronald "flip" Murray- Flip Murray? Flip Murray! If God would open the clouds and let him descend into Dallas to grace a white uniform printed with the number "22" at AAC I would flip....I can tell you one thing- Howard and Murray could more than replace Finley in my book.

dirk2003
12-25-2003, 01:58 PM
I bet booth wouldn't mind returning. Hell he saved us against Utah.. he will always be liked by me. I would love to see him return.

MavsFanFinley
12-25-2003, 09:06 PM
The Sonics have a number of tradable assets -- Brent Barry, Ronald Murray, Vladimir Radmanovic -- that they can package with over priced players -- Jerome James, Vitaly Potapenko, Calvin Booth -- to clear cap room and/or help fill that glaring hole in the paint.

A couple trades work, but it seems like Seattle could get more somewhere else. I guess you could throw in a pick or cash in one of them.

Trade 1.

Dallas sends: Jamison

Dallas receives: Potapenko, Barry

Trade 2.

Dallas sends: Walker

Dallas recieves: Potapenko, Barry, Radmanovic

Nash13
12-25-2003, 09:58 PM
Right now, I think Dallas should wait until midseason before making any moves. Our only two tradeable players are Jamison and Walker. In the beginning, Walker made Jamison seem irrelevant. Now, Jamison is doing the same to Walker. So midway through the season, the better player should stay.

Although I like that second trade MFF.

Erica, number 22 is retired.

EricaLubarsky
12-26-2003, 02:16 AM
the first one is more likely to happen and I like what we get, but man....Jamison? Its hard to give up a nice guy who went 10-14 with 9 boards- 7 of which were legitimate offensive boards (unlike Dirk and Fortson who play volleyball under the rim sometimes) against the Kings tonight

MikeB
12-26-2003, 04:05 AM
I don't really see why Seattle would want Jamison. They have their SF in Lewis and they are said to need inside presence...which is what we need. Walker could possibly fit there better because he is more of a PF than Jamison is...but they would only do it ifi/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif1)they were sure they could resign him, or (2) they dumped a few bad contracts on us(Booth is a bad contract).

MightyToine
12-28-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley

A couple trades work, but it seems like Seattle could get more somewhere else. I guess you could throw in a pick or cash in one of them.

Trade 1.

Dallas sends: Jamison

Dallas receives: Potapenko, Barry

Trade 2.

Dallas sends: Walker

Dallas recieves: Potapenko, Barry, Radmanovic

So what you're saying is that Walker and Jamison combined are worth 3 SCRUBS?? i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????????? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif