PDA

View Full Version : Question for all (this isnt a trade plz add ur 2 cents)

Jamisonite
12-25-2003, 03:43 PM
Ok i just turned on the cavs magic game mid way through the 3rd quarter and right now theres 4:40 left in the 4th. and so far ive been very impressed with Zs defensive effort. He blocked 3 shots in possesion. 2 on Gooden. Hes switching very well on pick and rolls. I dont see the big knock on him...if any one else is watching please let me know what you think

Jamisonite
12-25-2003, 04:50 PM
seeing him out of the game for a good majority of the 4th quarter and all of OT shows how expendable he is

V
12-26-2003, 01:00 AM
I've watched plenty of Big Z & what I can say is that when he gives effort Z will play the defense you expect of someone his size...

He'll block you some shots.

He'll bang a little.

He will get you some rebounds or (more often) create space for his teammates to control the defensive glass.

He won't embarrass himself (given a standard matchup)

BUT - He won't shut anyone down either. Big Z is not a great defensive presence in the paint.

Is he better than what we have? Yes.

EricaLubarsky
12-26-2003, 01:29 AM
exactly. Well it has been said but Ill say it another way-

Ilgauskas is a nice shot blocker but his man to man is pretty weak which means that he is better at punishing 1-4s than he is at stopping his man. He bangs about as much as Bradley, but at 7'6"- 260 he has a little more weight to throw around. The one thing Ive seen that Ive been impressed with (other than his blocking) is his intelligence. He's really smart and seems to have good court-smarts. The only thing is that he doesnt seem to have much heart, but we have the leaders we need- he wouldnt need to bring anything to the team but his 7'3" frame.

He would be perfect to anchor our zone with the help of Bradley. He's not perfect but he would probably fit in well.

V
12-26-2003, 02:18 PM
Of course he would fit in... Big Z is an exceedingly talented offensive player who demonstrates an occasional interest in playing league-average interior defense....

... He's the prototype Dallas Maverick.

kingrex
12-26-2003, 02:50 PM
He seems to be a perfect fit, but I don't like his penchant for being in the injury list. I prefer to get a guy in the middle who will be there for the playoffs.