PDA

View Full Version : Big Z

Chicago JK
12-28-2003, 09:26 PM
Keep an eye on Big Z's minutes in Cleveland. He minutes have been dropping for the past few weeks. Tonight he only got 10 minutes against Portland. Cleveland says he is untouchable; obviously that is not true. Right now he isn't worth either Twan/Toine. Unfortunately I don't see anyone else on our roster who would interest Cleveland. I am very intrigued by Z but I am not sure how we can get him.

V
12-28-2003, 10:15 PM
I saw an interview with Silas & he said there's no magic formula for Big Z's success in Cleveland. Silas like to play man-to-man almost exclusively & that leads to Z being exploited on the pick & roll.

Silas noted that his former team would pick & roll Big Z too...

It seemed to me that Silas was acknowledging that Z is just not a good fit for the Cavs system... or maybe he thinks Z can defend the pick & roll with better effort... either way things do not bode well for Zydrunas Ilgauskas in Cleveland.

Simon2
12-29-2003, 01:18 AM
I would like to have Big Z here. He'll be a welcome addition to the small front line of the Mavs. He won't end games but he'll relieve Dirk of some of the dirty work in the inside.

Jamisonite
12-29-2003, 02:18 AM
Id gladley add him but just not for walker or jamison