PDA

View Full Version : Slavko Vranes

SeriousSummer
12-30-2003, 09:59 AM
New York cut him. Any interest? Maybe sign him to a long tern non-guaranteed contract like Stefansson. If he ever develops we've got him locked up. If we don't, then we cut him and nothing is lost.

Blonde Bomber
12-30-2003, 10:26 AM
cut the iceland and sign Vranes.

SeriousSummer
12-30-2003, 10:45 AM
No need to cut Stefansson yet--we've only got 14 players under contract. And it's Mark Cuban's money.

uberfan
12-30-2003, 11:43 AM
James Lang was released by New Orleans.

Stephen Hunter in last year of his contract, and Magic said to be trying to move him, any interest in these developmental guys as well?

kg_veteran
12-30-2003, 12:27 PM
I like the idea of signing Vranes and then cutting the Icelander if Sabonis is willing to come on board in the spring.

As for Hunter, I have to think that if Orlando doesn't want a center, they probably ain't that great. Then again, you could give him a 10-day contract here in a few weeks and see if he has anything in his bag. If we don't, somebody will.

uberfan
12-30-2003, 01:03 PM
History shows us it's harder, at least for the Mavs, to find and develop a big guy than any other position on the team, except maybe for developing a solid backup PG.

We have a spot open. Why not use it for a big guy for a change and see if he can be developed?

We can always make room if needed later on.

I have only seen Steffanson play in the scrimmage at Fan Fest. What little I saw I understood the fanscination with him by the Nelson's. I liked his passing skills, his shot, but he was way too slow on making any defensive adjustments. It may be that he simply was not yet used to the speed of NBA players or that he will never make that adjustment.

That said, I really want to see Daniels in game situations consistently getting backup time at PG NOW to see if we need to make another move in that area before Feb. trade deadline. If Nash can get 15-18 a game rest with a combo of Daniels/Delk/Howard sharing point duties we are OK.

Simon2
12-30-2003, 01:09 PM
7'5 or 7'6? Hell yeah! The Mavs need to get this guy. At least put him in the middle and let him create havoc. Bradley can teach him how to play in the NBA since he's the only one with the same height.

MightyToine
12-30-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by: Simon2
7'5 or 7'6? Hell yeah! The Mavs need to get this guy. At least put him in the middle and let him create havoc. Bradley can teach him how to play in the NBA since he's the only one with the same height.

Coaches always say that the one thing you CAN'T teach is Height. Having two 7+ footers on our team at center would be a godsend.