PDA

View Full Version : Blazers Desperate To Dump Wallace (Dallas Mentioned)


XERXES
12-30-2003, 01:47 PM
From the TORONTO SUN...

Jail sale in Portland

Blazers desperate to dump Wallace

By FRANK ZICARELLI




The Jail Blazers are on the verge of moving Rasheed Wallace, the team's talented frontcourt player who has become the poster child for everything that is wrong in Portland. This was once a franchise that embodied community responsibility, featured players whose on-court behaviour was exemplary and whose fan base was among the strongest and most loyal in the NBA.

But ever since the Blazers imploded in the fourth quarter during the 2000 Western final, the team has been in a nose dive, with players running afoul of the law and fans turning their backs on their once-beloved team.

Wallace, more than anyone on a team full of reprobates, has done more with his mouth and actions to taint the team's image.

Earlier this year, the Blazers jettisoned Bonzi Wells to Memphis in a deal that was one-sided in the Grizzlies' favour.

With Wallace eligible for free agency this summer, it's hard to believe Portland will receive anything comparable to the talents Wallace potentially brings when his head is on straight.

The Raptors tried to swing a deal for Wallace, who makes close to $17 million US this season, and dangled Antonio Davis. Wallace's name also came up in a three-team deal that had him going to New Jersey.

Toronto is clearly out of the picture, leaving the likes of San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, New York, Detroit and Atlanta in the running for Wallace.

So desperate are the Blazers to move Wallace that they have asked his agent, Bill Strickland, to help solicit offers from any team.

Strickland, by the way, also represents Raptors guard Alvin Williams, a fellow Philly native who is close friends with the malcontent Wallace.

Despite the baggage, Wallace can flat-out play -- both in the post and on the perimeter -- and needs a change in scenery and culture.

His days in Portland are numbered and there are a number of teams lining up for his services. The key is finding the right mix. Without Walker

MightyToine
12-30-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by: XERXES
From the TORONTO SUN...

Jail sale in Portland

Blazers desperate to dump Wallace

By FRANK ZICARELLI




The Jail Blazers are on the verge of moving Rasheed Wallace, the team's talented frontcourt player who has become the poster child for everything that is wrong in Portland. This was once a franchise that embodied community responsibility, featured players whose on-court behaviour was exemplary and whose fan base was among the strongest and most loyal in the NBA.

But ever since the Blazers imploded in the fourth quarter during the 2000 Western final, the team has been in a nose dive, with players running afoul of the law and fans turning their backs on their once-beloved team.

Wallace, more than anyone on a team full of reprobates, has done more with his mouth and actions to taint the team's image.

Earlier this year, the Blazers jettisoned Bonzi Wells to Memphis in a deal that was one-sided in the Grizzlies' favour.

With Wallace eligible for free agency this summer, it's hard to believe Portland will receive anything comparable to the talents Wallace potentially brings when his head is on straight.

The Raptors tried to swing a deal for Wallace, who makes close to $17 million US this season, and dangled Antonio Davis. Wallace's name also came up in a three-team deal that had him going to New Jersey.

Toronto is clearly out of the picture, leaving the likes of San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, New York, Detroit and Atlanta in the running for Wallace.

So desperate are the Blazers to move Wallace that they have asked his agent, Bill Strickland, to help solicit offers from any team.

Strickland, by the way, also represents Raptors guard Alvin Williams, a fellow Philly native who is close friends with the malcontent Wallace.

Despite the baggage, Wallace can flat-out play -- both in the post and on the perimeter -- and needs a change in scenery and culture.

His days in Portland are numbered and there are a number of teams lining up for his services. The key is finding the right mix. Without Walker



What is the point of putting that in the article, xerxes? i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif



Maybe I should post the next article and include Without Jamison or Without Finley or something.... i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Simon2
12-30-2003, 02:11 PM
The question is.. How desperate are they?

MightyToine
12-30-2003, 02:12 PM
If they're desperate to the point where we give up Najera/Best, I'd do it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

grbh
12-30-2003, 03:44 PM
Hey if they are that desperate then the Mavs should get on the horn. Maybe they will dump him for a song.

As big of a headcase as Wallace is, he is very talented. I believe he would work very well under the Mavs system. He can do everything Nellie wants a big guy to do under his system (run and shoot). On top of that he can play some D. Granted it isd a high risk move, but maybe a fresh start would help him out.

kg_veteran
12-30-2003, 03:49 PM
grbh - I agree that anybody's worth dealing with for the right price, but what's the right price here? Would you give up Jamison to get him? I don't think that I would at this point. Surely we can't get him any cheaper than that.

dirno2000
12-30-2003, 04:13 PM
Upside: Better defender and shot blocker than Jamison
Rasheed offers more cap flexibility

Downside: He keeps drifting further away from the basket
FG% is dropping
He's Rasheed

Bottom line - I'd damn near do it just to keep him away from Tim Duncan.

kg_veteran
12-30-2003, 04:19 PM
There's no question that his <u>talent</u> fits better with this team than Jamison's does.

There is at least a possibility that Portland would want Jamison despite the length remaining on his contract because he could be a stand-up guy who could be paired with Randolph for the foreseeable future at forward.

The real problem with Rasheed Wallace is that the only way you could control the guy and get what you need out of him (post defense, shotblocking, low post scoring) would be to have a disciplinarian coach who wouldn't take any crap off of him. We don't have that guy.

I readily admit that a frontline of Wallace, Nowitzki, and Walker would cause most opponents (the Lakers included) to shudder at the thought of how they would guard them. I just think Wallace would come in, cause a big mess, then leave without re-signing in the summer.

Nash13
12-30-2003, 04:27 PM
then leave without re-signing in the summer.

That's the only problem that i would have with trading for Wallace. We would lose a main piece and won't have enough money to sign anybody in the off-season.

Jamisonite
12-30-2003, 04:35 PM
I agree with Nash...if we get Wallace we then have to try and resign him AND Nash in the off season...thatll be hard

grbh
12-30-2003, 04:52 PM
KG, your right it certainly is high risk, but I think it is high reward too. You might lose him in the off season, though if you pay him you probably won't.

He could cause this whole thing to go down in flames, ruin chemistry, be an ass, pick up Ts, get thrown out of games, throw tantrums, get caught with weed, complain about playing with soft white boys, complain about playing with Euros, get in a fist fight with Walker, rape the horses and ride off on the women. That is all possible.

A change of scenery might do him some good though. With the exception of Rodman (who is just a nutbar) the Mavs have been pretty fortunate with malcontents (ie Laetner, NVE)

It is also possible he comes here shuts up and plays well. The upside if he does that to me is tremendous. As you mentioned having a forward combo of Wallace, Walker, and Dirk is sickening.

So do I move him for Jamison. I think so, but it is pretty close to a coin flip.

I would love to get Zach Randolph, but that ain't happening.

On second thought would the Mavs or Portland do this:

Portland trades: SF Rasheed Wallace (16.7 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 2.9 apg in 38.7 minutes)
PF Zach Randolph (23.0 ppg, 11.4 rpg, 2.5 apg in 39.8 minutes)
Portland receives: SF Josh Howard (8.2 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.2 apg in 22.0 minutes)
PG Steve Nash (14.4 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 7.8 apg in 33.4 minutes)
SF Antawn Jamison (15.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.1 apg in 29.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -1.5 ppg, -2.9 rpg, and +4.7 apg.

Dallas trades: SF Josh Howard (8.2 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.2 apg in 22.0 minutes)
PG Steve Nash (14.4 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 7.8 apg in 33.4 minutes)
SF Antawn Jamison (15.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.1 apg in 29.6 minutes)
Dallas receives: SF Rasheed Wallace (16.7 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 2.9 apg in 29 games)
PF Zach Randolph (23.0 ppg, 11.4 rpg, 2.5 apg in 29 games)
Change in team outlook: +1.5 ppg, +2.9 rpg, and -4.7 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

I know Portland is in love with Randolph, and frankly who wouldn't be, but they do get 3 solid players back as well as eliminating the Wallace pronblem. An all star point, Jamison, and a very promising rookie not to shabby. On the Mavs end obviously there would have to be something else in the works to get a point guard here. Perhaps moving Walker for someone. I know you've pretty much blown up the team at this point, but it is fun to speculate.

PG: Walker trade/Delk/Best
SG: Finley/Best
SF: Dirk
PF: Randolph
C: Wallace

Granted your 3s, 4s and 5s are more less interchangeable.

I don't know if I do this deal or not, but it is worth thinking about. frankly I don't think the Mavs would do it, because it is pretty much blowing up this team. Without Walker

sike
12-30-2003, 04:53 PM
The real problem with Rasheed Wallace is that the only way you could control the guy and get what you need out of him (post defense, shotblocking, low post scoring) would be to have a disciplinarian coach who wouldn't take any crap off of him. We don't have that guy.

excuse me, they do have the iron hide and stoney commanding presence of Rolondo Blackman!




i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

ddh33
12-30-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
The real problem with Rasheed Wallace is that the only way you could control the guy and get what you need out of him (post defense, shotblocking, low post scoring) would be to have a disciplinarian coach who wouldn't take any crap off of him. We don't have that guy.


First post here. I hope I used the quote right...

I actually think we have the perfect coach for Rasheed. Nellie kind of has a Dean Smith type personality. He won't make Rasheed be the man, instead he would allow Rasheed to play his game and work that in with the context of this team. I think Wallace would be more likely to clash with a strong disciplinarian. I think Nellie might be just what the doctor ordered.

Of course, I would still worry about certain parts of Rasheed, especially the ability to resign him, but I think we could if we wanted to. Possible worst case scenario would be to move him via sign and trade in the summer.

In my mind the biggest drawback to bringing in Rasheed in the chemistry concerns with this team. I don't want to set us behind too much farther, but I also worry about the group that is currently assembled.

sike
12-30-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by: grbh
KG, your right it certainly is high risk, but I think it is high reward too. You might lose him in the off season, though if you pay him you probably won't.

He could cause this whole thing to go down in flames, ruin chemistry, be an ass, pick up Ts, get thrown out of games, throw tantrums, get caught with weed, complain about playing with soft white boys, complain about playing with Euros, get in a fist fight with Walker, rape the horses and ride off on the women. That is all possible.

A change of scenery might do him some good though. With the exception of Rodman (who is just a nutbar) the Mavs have been pretty fortunate with malcontents (ie Laetner, NVE)

It is also possible he comes here shuts up and plays well. The upside if he does that to me is tremendous. As you mentioned having a forward combo of Wallace, Walker, and Dirk is sickening.

So do I move him for Jamison. I think so, but it is pretty close to a coin flip.

I would love to get Zach Randolph, but that ain't happening.

On second thought would the Mavs or Portland do this:

Portland trades: SF Rasheed Wallace (16.7 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 2.9 apg in 38.7 minutes)
PF Zach Randolph (23.0 ppg, 11.4 rpg, 2.5 apg in 39.8 minutes)
Portland receives: SF Josh Howard (8.2 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.2 apg in 22.0 minutes)
PG Steve Nash (14.4 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 7.8 apg in 33.4 minutes)
SF Antawn Jamison (15.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.1 apg in 29.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -1.5 ppg, -2.9 rpg, and +4.7 apg.

Dallas trades: SF Josh Howard (8.2 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.2 apg in 22.0 minutes)
PG Steve Nash (14.4 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 7.8 apg in 33.4 minutes)
SF Antawn Jamison (15.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.1 apg in 29.6 minutes)
Dallas receives: SF Rasheed Wallace (16.7 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 2.9 apg in 29 games)
PF Zach Randolph (23.0 ppg, 11.4 rpg, 2.5 apg in 29 games)
Change in team outlook: +1.5 ppg, +2.9 rpg, and -4.7 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

I know Portland is in love with Randolph, and frankly who wouldn't be, but they do get 3 solid players back as well as eliminating the Wallace pronblem. An all star point, Jamison, and a very promising rookie not to shabby. On the Mavs end obviously there would have to be something else in the works to get a point guard here. Perhaps moving Walker for someone. I know you've pretty much blown up the team at this point, but it is fun to speculate.

PG: Walker trade/Delk/Best
SG: Finley/Best
SF: Dirk
PF: Randolph
C: Wallace

Granted your 3s, 4s and 5s are more less interchangeable.

I don't know if I do this deal or not, but it is worth thinking about. frankly I don't think the Mavs would do it, because it is pretty much blowing up this team. Without Walker

nah....I love Zach, but not for all that mess...

grbh
12-30-2003, 05:07 PM
I don't thin the Mavs make that move either. Unless they are sitting at .500 at the trade deadline (which i don't think they will). Then all bets are off.

LRB
12-30-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by: grbh
KG, your right it certainly is high risk, but I think it is high reward too. You might lose him in the off season, though if you pay him you probably won't.

He could cause this whole thing to go down in flames, ruin chemistry, be an ass, pick up Ts, get thrown out of games, throw tantrums, get caught with weed, complain about playing with soft white boys, complain about playing with Euros, get in a fist fight with Walker, rape the horses and ride off on the women. That is all possible.

A change of scenery might do him some good though. With the exception of Rodman (who is just a nutbar) the Mavs have been pretty fortunate with malcontents (ie Laetner, NVE)

It is also possible he comes here shuts up and plays well. The upside if he does that to me is tremendous. As you mentioned having a forward combo of Wallace, Walker, and Dirk is sickening.

So do I move him for Jamison. I think so, but it is pretty close to a coin flip.

I would love to get Zach Randolph, but that ain't happening.

On second thought would the Mavs or Portland do this:

Portland trades: SF Rasheed Wallace (16.7 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 2.9 apg in 38.7 minutes)
PF Zach Randolph (23.0 ppg, 11.4 rpg, 2.5 apg in 39.8 minutes)
Portland receives: SF Josh Howard (8.2 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.2 apg in 22.0 minutes)
PG Steve Nash (14.4 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 7.8 apg in 33.4 minutes)
SF Antawn Jamison (15.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.1 apg in 29.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -1.5 ppg, -2.9 rpg, and +4.7 apg.

Dallas trades: SF Josh Howard (8.2 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.2 apg in 22.0 minutes)
PG Steve Nash (14.4 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 7.8 apg in 33.4 minutes)
SF Antawn Jamison (15.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.1 apg in 29.6 minutes)
Dallas receives: SF Rasheed Wallace (16.7 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 2.9 apg in 29 games)
PF Zach Randolph (23.0 ppg, 11.4 rpg, 2.5 apg in 29 games)
Change in team outlook: +1.5 ppg, +2.9 rpg, and -4.7 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

I know Portland is in love with Randolph, and frankly who wouldn't be, but they do get 3 solid players back as well as eliminating the Wallace pronblem. An all star point, Jamison, and a very promising rookie not to shabby. On the Mavs end obviously there would have to be something else in the works to get a point guard here. Perhaps moving Walker for someone. I know you've pretty much blown up the team at this point, but it is fun to speculate.

PG: Walker trade/Delk/Best
SG: Finley/Best
SF: Dirk
PF: Randolph
C: Wallace

Granted your 3s, 4s and 5s are more less interchangeable.

I don't know if I do this deal or not, but it is worth thinking about. frankly I don't think the Mavs would do it, because it is pretty much blowing up this team. Without Walker

I wouldn't do it from Dallas' perspective. This still doesn't get us a true 5, and it takes away the only PG we have. We would have tons of talent, but all the wrong place.

uberfan
12-30-2003, 05:26 PM
I kind of like this.



Dallas trades: SF Antawn Jamison (15.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.1 apg in 29.6 minutes)
SF Tariq Abdul-Wahad (15.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.1 apg in 29.6 minutes)
PF Danny Fortson (3.5 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 0.2 apg in 12.0 minutes)
SF Eduardo Najera (3.3 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 0.4 apg in 13.7 minutes)
Dallas receives: SF Rasheed Wallace (16.7 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 2.9 apg in 38.7 minutes)
SG Ruben Patterson (7.3 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.7 apg in 23.0 minutes)
PG Jeff McInnis (12.0 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 5.3 apg in 32.7 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +13.6 ppg, -1.2 rpg, and +8.2 apg.

Portland trades: SF Rasheed Wallace (16.7 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 2.9 apg in 38.7 minutes)
SG Ruben Patterson (7.3 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.7 apg in 23.0 minutes)
PG Jeff McInnis (12.0 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 5.3 apg in 32.7 minutes)
Portland receives: SF Antawn Jamison (15.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.1 apg in 29 games)
SF Tariq Abdul-Wahad (15.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.1 apg in 29 games)
PF Danny Fortson (3.5 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 0.2 apg in 23 games)
SF Eduardo Najera (3.3 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 0.4 apg in 28 games)
Change in team outlook: -13.6 ppg, +1.2 rpg, and -8.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED


Nash/McInnis/Daniels
Finley/Howard/Patterson
Walker/Howard/Patterson
Dirk/Wallace/Walker
Wallace/Dirk/Bradley

Try to move Best and/or Delk for a serviceable PF/C or bring in a developmental guy like Lang.

kg_veteran
12-30-2003, 05:54 PM
uber, I think yours is slanted too far in Dallas' favor for Portland to consider.


Originally posted by: uberfan
I kind of like this.



Dallas trades: SF Antawn Jamison (15.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.1 apg in 29.6 minutes)
SF Tariq Abdul-Wahad (15.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.1 apg in 29.6 minutes)
PF Danny Fortson (3.5 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 0.2 apg in 12.0 minutes)
SF Eduardo Najera (3.3 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 0.4 apg in 13.7 minutes)
Dallas receives: SF Rasheed Wallace (16.7 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 2.9 apg in 38.7 minutes)
SG Ruben Patterson (7.3 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.7 apg in 23.0 minutes)
PG Jeff McInnis (12.0 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 5.3 apg in 32.7 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +13.6 ppg, -1.2 rpg, and +8.2 apg.

Portland trades: SF Rasheed Wallace (16.7 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 2.9 apg in 38.7 minutes)
SG Ruben Patterson (7.3 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.7 apg in 23.0 minutes)
PG Jeff McInnis (12.0 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 5.3 apg in 32.7 minutes)
Portland receives: SF Antawn Jamison (15.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.1 apg in 29 games)
SF Tariq Abdul-Wahad (15.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.1 apg in 29 games)
PF Danny Fortson (3.5 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 0.2 apg in 23 games)
SF Eduardo Najera (3.3 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 0.4 apg in 28 games)
Change in team outlook: -13.6 ppg, +1.2 rpg, and -8.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED


Nash/McInnis/Daniels
Finley/Howard/Patterson
Walker/Howard/Patterson
Dirk/Wallace/Walker
Wallace/Dirk/Bradley

Try to move Best and/or Delk for a serviceable PF/C or bring in a developmental guy like Lang.

kg_veteran
12-30-2003, 05:57 PM
Assuming you could get Wallace to just play ball, imagine the combinations in the frontcourt:

Wallace
Nowitzki
Walker

Bradley
Wallace
Walker

Bradley
Nowitzki
Wallace

Wallace
Nowitzki
Howard

And on and on and on...

With the length of Wallace and Nowitzki and the craftiness of Walker, I think you'd be pretty good in the frontcourt defensively.

uberfan
12-30-2003, 06:26 PM
[quote]
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
uber, I think yours is slanted too far in Dallas' favor for Portland to consider.

You can't go by the points differential from RealGM because they do not appear to be accurate (see TAW's numbers).

My reasoning is this. It has been argued on this board, and I think on this thread, that Portland wants a SF with Rasheed-type numbers and that Jamison fits that description. Not too many teams have the depth in quality of players to give up for Wallace for Portland to get reasonable value in return. Most other teams will be offering some kind of damaged goods.

It is assumed by the topic of the thread in Mavs section that Portland has interest in Najera, if for no other reason than they can probably move him to another market and know that they can.

Portland wants to move Patterson and his contract because of player conflicts. TAW's contract matches Patterson in length and close enough in size.

I don't think there really is anything wrong with TAW that being away from Nellie might not fix. He is a good defensive player and replaces Patterson defensively for Portland.

McInnis is the premium that Portland pays to insure they get equitable compensation for Wallace and the chance to dump Patterson and his contract.

Fortson gives them another big body to rotate in with Davis and Zach.

kg_veteran
12-30-2003, 06:35 PM
uber, I'll play along...

Wallace - Bradley
Nowitzki -
Walker - Patterson
Finley - Howard - Daniels
Nash - McInnis - Delk - Best

Now you have too many guards, and either Patterson or Howard (probably Patterson) goes to waste, because there aren't enough minutes for them.

Wait, I take that back. Nellie would play this rotation with that group:

Wallace 38 - Nowitzki 10
Nowitzki 28 - Walker 20
Walker 15 - Patterson 20 - Howard 13
Finley 35 - Howard 13
Nash 32 - McInnis 16

That's doable, even if I'd rather have Shawn get the 20 minutes than Patterson.

At least you'd be 8-9 deep.

V
12-30-2003, 07:23 PM
The best scenario for Dallas is for Portland to release him... and Mavs sign him for the exception.

Problem is Wallace still has too much value so Portland is demanding (1) talent with a good contract or (2) expiring contracts + draft pick(s)

Dallas does not have expiring contracts so if they want 'Sheed the Mavs will likely have to involve a third team. With the hiring of Isiah Thomas in NYC look for something along the lines of Jamison to Knicks; McDyess to Portland; Wallace to Dallas. (Others will need to be included as cap filler...)

Other players to watch that could help Dallas land Wallace:

&gt; Ilgauskas
&gt; Ratliff
&gt; Kukoc
&gt; Gugliotta

Chiwas
12-30-2003, 08:00 PM
Blazers Desperate...
The Mavs would get him for the same reason.

MightyToine
12-31-2003, 12:37 AM
I think this is the quintessential roll-of-the-dice here. Do you take a chance at Sheed destroying everything for the hope that he DOESN'T and just shuts up and plays ball? Or do you just stand pat?

I think personally It's not a wise move mainly because the Mavs have just now begun to gel('bout time, too) and the last thing we want is the chemistry to be blown up again. Without Jamison. i/expressions/devil.gif

kingrex
12-31-2003, 10:17 AM
I realize this is a trade board, so the object of the game is to come up with different trades and then discuss. There are some offered here that are definitely attractive. However, I still believe this team as currently constituted will still be fine without a trade this year. They need time to fill-out some roles, and the good thing is this team right now has guys that are willing to fill any role in the name of winning.

Bringing Rasheed (though a talented guy) is too disruptive to that process. I believe he would not just "shut up and play", it's not in his nature and he said so himself in a recent quote. So, for almost any price, I wouldn't do this trade. The missing piece to Dallas' championship puzzle is NOT Rasheed Wallace. It would be someone with similar skills but without the disruptive nature. For example, Elton Brand or a sober Vin Baker. A b-level fringe star that will do the dirty work and post up too.

So, look elsewhere I say.

kg_veteran
12-31-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by: Chiwas

Blazers Desperate...
The Mavs would get him for the same reason.

Great point.