PDA

View Full Version : Jamison/Bradley for Big Z/Darius Miles????

MightyToine
01-02-2004, 04:00 PM
According to http://www.hoopdynasty.com/Trades.htm

Big Z on his way to Big D!

Cavs head coach, Paul Silas, has remarked on Zydrunas Ilgauskas game saying he needs to get more rebounds and block more shots for a 7'3 center or he is on his way out. The team is now about Lebron and they need a hard-working hustler that is why the Cavs went after Eric Williams and Tony Battie. And for talent, Kedrick Brown, who in his first game as a Cav hit 3/5 treys.

Another doghouse complainer is Darius Miles who has high trade value could be packaged with Big Z. The team that sounds most interested according to our sources is Dallas, who have been pondering about a deal that would send Darius Miles and Big Z to Big D for Antawn Jamison and Shawn Bradley.

For Dallas, it brings a starting 5 of : Big Z, Dirk, Antoine, Finley, and Nash. A solid team with size and scoring range and allows them to have cap relief soon. For Cleveland, it lets newcomer Tony Battie start, and Silas quoted,"I like Tony's energy. He provides a ton of momentum off the bench, but if he starts it'd be better 'cause we still have an energy boost of Eric Williams off our bench!" Antawn Jamison would provide rebounding and scoring who can help rookie sensation Lebron James, who they made clear it's his team!

ROFLMAO!! What's next? Walker for SHAQ?? i/expressions/rolleye.gif

ddh33
01-02-2004, 04:17 PM
Actually, that isn't the first time I've heard that rumor. It's been floating around quite a while. It does make some sense for both teams. However, I don't think Cuban is crazy about getting Z. At least, that's the impression I get from reading various things. But I doubt that this is too far-fetched.

Speedy
01-02-2004, 04:27 PM
Giving up the best sixth man in the league and one of the better defensive centers for an underachiever and a center who has been benched in long stretches for his lack of defense? Big mistake imo.

Walkerforthree
01-02-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by: Speedy
Giving up the best sixth man in the league and one of the better defensive centers for an underachiever and a center who has been benched in long stretches for his lack of defense? Big mistake imo.

Its not so much Z's lack of D which has got him benched.

Speedy
01-02-2004, 05:46 PM
Wft, are you referring to Silas wanting to run the offense through LeBron instead of Z?

Walkerforthree
01-02-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by: Speedy
Wft, are you referring to Silas wanting to run the offense through LeBron instead of Z?

No. Silas is upset with Big Z's attitude. Also, he doesn't think Z is quick enough to run up and down against some teams. Big Z freakin got benched after 10 minutes a few games back because he accidentaly knocked LeBron down while setting a pick for him. Big Z is a pretty solid defender if you watch some Clevland games.

Nash13
01-02-2004, 06:11 PM
I'm not so hot about getting Ilgauskus as i once was. If we do that trade, we lose some offense, b/c Nellie probably won't go to Ilgauskus that much in the game. And Miles will hardly see any minutes.

Speedy
01-02-2004, 06:20 PM
Gotcha.... so maybe Silas's comments are more of a knock on his transition D than his overall D? As for his attitude, I can't see Nelson tolerating that anymore than Silas. If Z has a problem with being benched he would absolutely love Dallas given Don's tendency to pull the cord on his big men after the first little slip up.

Jamisonite
01-03-2004, 12:16 AM
Id rather package Jamison and Najera or Fortson

Nash13
01-03-2004, 12:35 AM
You're right Jamisonite. Silas would much want Fortson or Najera than Bradley, probably Fortson. Because as good as Lebron is, every team needs frontcourt offense. And as good as Boozer is, he cannot create his own shot to save his life. If he's disappointed in how Ilgauskus plays, imagine how disappointed he'd be in Bradley.

Jamisonite
01-03-2004, 02:44 AM
I say that cuz they already have Battie and Diop why do they need another center

jayC
01-03-2004, 10:44 AM
Bradley's not a dominate defensive player if he was nellie would play him? Bradley maybe able to change the game at times but at other times like last night he looks clueless.

From a talent standpoint Id do it. But from a team standpoint I wouldn't this team needs a good defender. Not just a meaty one like Z.

sike
01-03-2004, 02:36 PM
Bradley maybe able to change the game at times but at other times like last night he looks clueless.

jayC, it is not fair to use the first night back from a injury as fodder for an argument of Bradley's ineptitude.

ddh33
01-04-2004, 01:38 PM
If we are to believe Cleveland newspapers, Zydrunas Ilgauskus may very well end up a Maverick. If Bradley's back is worse than a lot of people thought, it wouldn't surprise me at all. I think the Nelsons are crazy about him anyway.

seelenjaeger
01-04-2004, 02:01 PM
Bradley won´t leave Dallas in forever.

And yes, one of the main reasons Big Z has a bad rep around the league IS his lack of D. Which makes him a perfect fit for Dallas i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

I seriously doubt Clevelands interest in Antawn Jamison though.

sike
01-04-2004, 02:45 PM
I dont do that deal...we need a defensive minded center, not one who benched because of lack of it! If you trade Walker or Jamison, you must get a strong defensive player in return.

and Miles brings nothing but the occasional spectacular dunk....

not worth Jamison!

ddh33
01-04-2004, 05:17 PM
I don't know if it's positioning or a simple, harmless comment, but a Cleveland soure has supposedly said that what the Cavs really need is a Scottie Pippen type ballhandling forward to remove some pressure from Lebron. Does that sound like anyone we know? Still, I doubt Nellie would sign off on a Walker for Z deal, despite his rumored fondness for the big fella.

As far as an actual deal for Z, I wouldn't be completely opposed. I worry some about his lack of speed and defense, but at least he's a legit center. Being 7'3, 260 sure helps out inside. He would make a lot of sense here, even if it did cost Jamison (who I love). I also think Jamison would completely flourish playing next to Lebron. That could be a scary team in the East very soon.

Darius Miles has never found his niche in the league yet because of a limited offensive game. I don't know why, but I think he would flourish here in Dallas. Here he could be a 12-5 guy on athletic ability alone. Imagine him running a break with Nash. His length and shotblocking could also help us out defensively. Plus, he might have enough ballhandling and passing skills to entice Nellie with his beloved Point Forward idea.

I wouldn't object to bringing in both guys assuming the price wasn't too high. By the way, I doubt that it is...I'm starting to convince myself that this may not be a bad deal at all.

MightyToine
01-05-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by: ddh33
I don't know if it's positioning or a simple, harmless comment, but a Cleveland soure has supposedly said that what the Cavs really need is a Scottie Pippen type ballhandling forward to remove some pressure from Lebron. Does that sound like anyone we know?

No 'cause Walker AIN'T Scottie Pippen! LMAO!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

jayC
01-05-2004, 02:59 PM
He gets posterized see keon clark, vince carter etc. When has he ever nailed someone on the ground. Even before the injury he got 20 minutes one night a DNP the next. Obvviously we are watching a different player. If the mavs thought he was a defensive force they wouldn't have pulled the trade to bring in Raef. Who nellie said was a top 10 center in the league? Who was the staple of the deal not nick the quick. Look if he was Deke he would be getting playing time at the end of the game. Theo Ratliff, Kurt Thomas and ZO wouldn't be names that were coming to Dallas at various times. We wouldn't be talking about bringing in Greg Ostetag, Adonyal Foyle and many others. Facce the facts he plays really well at times and in the crunch he plays very small.

ddh33
01-05-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by: MightyToine

Originally posted by: ddh33
I don't know if it's positioning or a simple, harmless comment, but a Cleveland soure has supposedly said that what the Cavs really need is a Scottie Pippen type ballhandling forward to remove some pressure from Lebron. Does that sound like anyone we know?

No 'cause Walker AIN'T Scottie Pippen! LMAO!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

I didn't mean to imply that Walker is on Scottie Pippen's level (from his prime). I was only pointing out that Walker is a ballhandling forward who is also a good leader. Apparently, that is what the Cavs are ineterested in. Interestingly enough, Walker's contract matches up perfectly with Z's. Having said that, I don't expect a Walker trade. I think we keep him because of his versatility, leadership, and play on the court. I just think that management thinks a lot more of him than most fans.

I still think if Z comes to Dallas, it will Jamison going. But both sides continue to deny that rumored deal, so who knows?

Male30Dan
01-05-2004, 04:55 PM
Scottie Pippen is SO overrated... Top 50 in the NBA??? Please!

MightyToine
01-05-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by: Male22Dan
Scottie Pippen is SO overrated... Top 50 in the NBA??? Please!

I agree. JORDAN made Scottie Pippen. If it weren't for MJ, Scottie would just be another tall shooting Guard. i/expressions/moon.gif