PDA

View Full Version : Finley, TAW for Rasheed Wallace

mavsfanforever
01-03-2004, 01:54 AM
No coments on this one.

Walkerforthree
01-03-2004, 01:55 AM
Id do walker or jamison and taw for sheed, no need to trade fin, especially if we have twan, toine and sheed.

ddh33
01-03-2004, 02:21 AM
IF we are serious about making moves, and IF we are serious about bringing in Rasheed, it still doesn't make sense to move Finley for him. What this team desparately needs is balance. We need more two-way players, and we need them at more positions. Any trade we make for Rasheed has to center around one of the An-Twins. It's the only way to balance this team and give us what we need. Trading Finley for Wallace does nothing but add to a logjam in the frontcourt while creating a huge hole in the backcourt. If Finley goes anywhere (and I hope he doesn't), he must bring back someone else who can play in the backcourt.

Jamisonite
01-03-2004, 02:42 AM
i agree...how do u play 4 all stars in 2 positions....Dirk Sheed and The Ants...doesnt work

jayC
01-03-2004, 02:32 PM
Yeah wed be so much better off with spare like Raef in the middle. And his big bag of nothing. Get real it took a while to get good chemistry with Raef and Nick it may with this group as well. Those trades were no brainers. And if you could get Fin for Wallace of course do it. Wallace doesn't have to put 20 or 30 up everynight, he just has to play solid D which he does. And bring a thug mentality to the mavs. We need to knock people down as they get to the hole. Not just move out of the way which Dirk loves to do.

It has to make sense for Portland they aren't going to take one bad contract and a lesser player for Rasheed. Jamison and Finley makes a lot of sense for portland. Jamison can complement Randolph in the post, and Finley can shoot the three and pull up. IF we could coax Dale Davis out of the deal as well. We get a mean streak, Portland gets solid citizens who can light it up.

sike
01-03-2004, 02:43 PM
sike loves Dale Davis......
sike dont hate Sheed like so many......

dont really care if we trade Jamison or Walker(if it helps the team),
but trading Finley is another deal...to trade him, you better be getting a sure thing!.....Is sheed with that one year left and an ageing Davis a sure thing...nah!

dont do it!

EricaLubarsky
01-03-2004, 10:03 PM
So.....Portland would be ridding of themselves of Sheed but would be paying Finley's max contract and TAWs contract while he plays in Europe?

Many teams think that Finley is overpaid. Finley's maxed contract PLUS Tariq's...its too much for any team that is interested in Finley.

sike
01-04-2004, 02:53 PM
for the 52% free throw shooting Walker and TAW I do that in a heartbeat...as the big three return, I believe they need compliments (jamison) and not stars(Walker) not that Jamison is not a star, but he does not have the star attitude. The big three need to control the team....of course, what would Sheed do to that idea..hummmm

you better have a great read on Sheed before bringing him in!