PDA

View Full Version : Walker trade and one more

EricaLubarsky
01-04-2004, 04:01 PM
Dallas trades: PG Tony Delk (6.1 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 0.8 apg in 16.4 minutes)
PF Antoine Walker (17.2 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 5.1 apg in 37.9 minutes)
Dallas receives: C Nazr Mohammed (6.5 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 0.4 apg in 18.3 minutes)
PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim (19.9 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 2.6 apg in 36.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +3.1 ppg, +3.0 rpg, and -2.9 apg.

Atlanta trades: C Nazr Mohammed (6.5 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 0.4 apg in 18.3 minutes)
PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim (19.9 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 2.6 apg in 36.3 minutes)
Atlanta receives: PG Tony Delk (6.1 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 0.8 apg in 24 games)
PF Antoine Walker (17.2 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 5.1 apg in 32 games)
Change in team outlook: -3.1 ppg, -3.0 rpg, and +2.9 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Atlanta does this because Walker can opt out after this season and they can start rebuilding- they also reinforce their 2 spot.
Dallas does this for Nazr Mohammed and a Forward who can rebound on par with Walker, is better defensively, and is tradeable.

or

Dallas trades: PF Danny Fortson (3.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 0.2 apg in 11.6 minutes)
Dallas receives: PF Kwame Brown (8.0 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 1.6 apg in 24.5 minutes)
PG Chris Whitney (3.9 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.2 apg in 13.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +8.4 ppg, +2.3 rpg, and +2.6 apg.

Washington trades: PF Kwame Brown (8.0 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 1.6 apg in 24.5 minutes)
PG Chris Whitney (3.9 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.2 apg in 13.8 minutes)
Washington receives: PF Danny Fortson (3.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 0.2 apg in 25 games)
Change in team outlook: -8.4 ppg, -2.3 rpg, and -2.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Dallas does this in a second.
Washington is dissapointed in Brown and Fortson can be very effective in Washington-

ddh33
01-04-2004, 04:10 PM
I would do that Atlanta deal. I think they might also. They are desparate for a change...Don't know if Dallas would unfortunately.

The Washington trade wouldn't happen. The Wiz may be disappointed with Kwame, but they can get more than Fortson.

sike
01-04-2004, 05:29 PM
I dont know about the $ for the 2 Hawk players....what do they look like?

I'm sure if I do that deal.....though SAR is better than Walker.....

but it still does not address the major concern: a above average defensive minded center...

what do people know about Nazr Mohammed? I've seen him a couple times, but have not gotten a good grasp on his game.

aexchange
01-04-2004, 06:36 PM
rahim is not better than walker. he is worse defensively than jamison, and he doesnt have nearly the passing skills that walker has. i think i'd rather gag on socks than pull the atlanta deal.

walker is raising his trade value by the day, and i think you can get much better value than just nazr and rahim.

Walkerforthree
01-04-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by: aexchange
rahim is not better than walker. he is worse defensively than jamison, and he doesnt have nearly the passing skills that walker has. i think i'd rather gag on socks than pull the atlanta deal.

walker is raising his trade value by the day, and i think you can get much better value than just nazr and rahim.

Rahim does score more then walker on a far superior % and rebounds better, Id say he is better, not the passer though

sike
01-04-2004, 08:18 PM
[i]Originally posted by: [b]aexchange
walker is raising his trade value by the day

not as of the past 5 games or so.....so "by the day" comment may be unfounded....

I agree totally that Walker who is a fine passer is better in this area...but better "D", I dont think you can say Walker is a far better defender(they are pretty close in my opinion)...certainly not as good a rebounder or post player as SAR....and SAR shoots at a fairly good %.....

and can hit a free throwi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

I dont think there is that must distance separating them!

MightyToine
01-05-2004, 12:12 PM
moot point.....walker will not be traded.....Nellie is GM....'nuff said. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

DNNF
01-05-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by: MightyToine
moot point.....walker will not be traded.....Nellie is GM....'nuff said. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Ditto !! Nellie will trade nash and finley first before he will trade Walker. Walker is Nellie's new lover.

sike
01-05-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by: DNNF

Ditto !! Nellie will trade nash and finley first before he will trade Walker. Walker is Nellie's new lover.

as of late, Nillie may being seeing Walker in a clearer light...hes had several bad games in a row as the big three come back.....

ddh33
01-05-2004, 04:42 PM
I think Walker's been fighting some nagging injuries lately, not unlike our Big Three earlier in the season. I doubt Nellie's opinion of him has changed. Having said that, I think Walker could be dealt if the right deal came about, but it would have to be a murder for Dallas. I just think that management thinks an awful lot of Antoine.

I guess the conspiracy theorists could surmise that management speaks so highly of him because they want to raise his trade value and move him out. I doubt that though.

MightyToine
01-05-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by: ddh33
I think Walker's been fighting some nagging injuries lately, not unlike our Big Three earlier in the season. I doubt Nellie's opinion of him has changed. Having said that, I think Walker could be dealt if the right deal came about, but it would have to be a murder for Dallas. I just think that management thinks an awful lot of Antoine.

I guess the conspiracy theorists could surmise that management speaks so highly of him because they want to raise his trade value and move him out. I doubt that though.

So you think Cuban would pull a Danny Ainge on him? That would be funny....in a depressing sort of way. i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

ddh33
01-05-2004, 09:29 PM

Originally posted by: ddh33

So you think Cuban would pull a Danny Ainge on him? That would be funny....in a depressing sort of way. i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

No, I don't actually. I have heard some fans say aloud that it was possible that the Mavs were only trying to raise Antoine's value. Personally, I don't believe that. I think Walker has endeared himself to the Nelsons, Mark, and several fans. I think he'll be a Mav for quite a while. But I've been surprised before...

MavKikiNYC
01-06-2004, 07:53 AM
Walker for KVH and Doleac? Anyone?

sike
01-06-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
Walker for KVH and Doleac? Anyone?

ummmm, no.

I think Walker's been fighting some nagging injuries lately,

bro, what is this based on?i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

V
01-06-2004, 12:23 PM
Walker was nominated for Player of the Month averaging, like 20, 10, and 6.

Rahim does not defend.

On second thought, maybe he defends better than Jamison.

In any case, this trade proposal is very bad.

MightyToine
01-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Lol! If you check the Dallas Mavericks ESPN messageboard, you'd think you were at the Celtics messageboard with all the "complaints" about Walker being responsible for the Mavs struggles and needs to be "dumped" asap..... i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Walker isn't going anywhere. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Walker : Mav4Life!!