PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Davis is on the block again

DNNF
01-05-2004, 05:25 PM
The Toronto Sun reports that the Bulls will likely trade Antonio Davis to a team in playoff contention prior to the February trade deadline. Davis, meanwhile, hopes that he can finish out the remainder of his contract in Chicago.

We need him in the middle since Nellie ain't playing Bradley or Fortson. He's 6'9", but playing alot taller than that. With him, we can move Dirk to SF if necessary.

His stat for this season
FG%( .389) FT/% (.764) rebound (9.40) pt (9.5)

On the side note..

The Oregonian reports that the Pacers are looking to trade disgruntled forward Al Harrington, who is unhappy that he hasn't yet cracked the starting lineup.

ddh33
01-05-2004, 05:33 PM
Davis isn't going to be happy if he gets moved out of Toronto. I do think he would be a very good fit here, but not at the expense of the Big Six.

Harrington is also a very good player. I'm surprised Indiana would look to move him. He would be worth a hard look from us if he didn't cost too much.

Male30Dan
01-05-2004, 05:40 PM
Well then I guess he isnt happy, because he has already been moved out of Toronto - seeing as how he was traded to Chicago a month ago...

Walkerforthree
01-05-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by: ddh33
Davis isn't going to be happy if he gets moved out of Toronto. I do think he would be a very good fit here, but not at the expense of the Big Six.

Harrington is also a very good player. I'm surprised Indiana would look to move him. He would be worth a hard look from us if he didn't cost too much.

davis doesn't play for toronto

Walkerforthree
01-05-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by: Male22Dan
Well then I guess he isnt happy, because he has already been moved out of Toronto - seeing as how he was traded to Chicago a month ago...

lol, u just beat mei/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

ddh33
01-05-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by: Walkerforthree

Originally posted by: ddh33

davis doesn't play for toronto

LOL....My mistake. I meant Chicago. I'm just too used to saying Toronto. Davis wanted to get back to Chicago because his wife was from there. If he gets moved out of Chicago, he'll be unhappy. He already was unhappy in Toronto. My mistake. Sorry...

Male30Dan
01-05-2004, 05:44 PM
Barely... i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

MightyToine
01-05-2004, 07:10 PM
FG%( .389) FT/% (.764) rebound (9.40) pt (9.5) ????????

Are you kidding me?

Davis is shooting the same percentage that Walker shot last year!!!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

And we want this guy to man the middle for us???? i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Murphy3
01-05-2004, 09:43 PM
edit

sike
01-06-2004, 11:06 AM
And we want this guy to man the middle for us????

it would have been a dream come true a few years ago....those fg% numbers are totally surprising!..I love the D and the boards though...at this point, I dont know what is he, like 34 right? Those old legs......
what is his contractual status? anybody know?

DNNF
01-06-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by: sike
And we want this guy to man the middle for us????

it would have been a dream come true a few years ago....those fg% numbers are totally surprising!..I love the D and the boards though...at this point, I dont know what is he, like 34 right? Those old legs......
what is his contractual status? anybody know?

Walker and Davis is not at the same position. We are not bringing him here to score. I think we have plenty of scorers in this team.