PDA

View Full Version : big surprise!!!

Murphy3
01-12-2004, 09:44 PM
I just saw Kowbe crying on TV. He must be down to his last gasp with his shoulder injury. I hope he makes it. Does anyone cry/wince more than Kobe?
It's so irritating to watch the baby play basketball.

MavsFanFinley
01-12-2004, 09:47 PM
I don't know about crying, but Webber could give him a run in the wincing/scowling/pouting department.

ReDIRKulous
01-12-2004, 09:49 PM
I don't enjoy saying this... but I have to agree with you on this one Murphy.

IMO Kobe is terrified of LeBron James -- the real deal -- a player of the caliber of MAgic Bird and Dirk( i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif ). And Kobe knows he is an imposter.

So LeBron rolls into town and already starts showing him up in the FIRST game they matchup. I think he just chickend out. plain and simple.

I have noticed that Kobe pretends to be injured, or over exagerates injuries in big games.

mavsfanforever
01-12-2004, 10:11 PM
I think Kobe is actually hurt. He has not shot any since that incident.

ReDIRKulous
01-12-2004, 10:19 PM
I have had a dislocated shoulder though... and your natural instinct is to hold your arm to take the weight/pressure off the shoulder joint. Kobe was just letting it hang there which doesn't make sense. That would be the most painful.

The guy is just full of it, imo. He is "the drama queen". lol

Jamisonite
01-12-2004, 10:21 PM
He dislocated his shoulder

Jamisonite
01-12-2004, 10:21 PM
and i winced when i saw it...his shoulder just flopped around

OutletPass
01-12-2004, 10:24 PM
That's funny stuff reDirk....

I've had a grade 3 separation and, separately, a torn rotator cuff...and I'll agree with you 100%...

you don't hold your shoulder that way if it's REALLY hurt BADLY.

Murphy3
01-12-2004, 10:30 PM
I don't wish an injury on anyone..but, if one player in the NBA was to get injured and I had to pick which player it would be... I'd pick Kobe.

Murphy3
01-12-2004, 10:31 PM
x-rays were negative

harsh euro barge
01-12-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by: Murphy3
I don't wish an injury on anyone..but, if one player in the NBA was to get injured and I had to pick which player it would be... I'd pick Kobe.

Or a certain criminal charge........

ames7
01-13-2004, 12:34 AM
Me too. W/out a doubt. Plus, this idiot goes & gets hurt the one time I decide to play him on VGM. i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

Rhylan
01-13-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
I don't know about crying, but Webber could give him a run in the wincing/scowling/pouting department.

Now, now... Webber is just very sensitive when it comes to smelling farts. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

kg_veteran
01-13-2004, 09:29 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040113/capt.las10101130405.cavaliers_lakers_las101.jpg

harsh euro barge
01-13-2004, 10:51 AM
http://i.cnn.net/si/2004/basketball/nba/01/12/kobe.hurt.ap/tx_kobehurt_all.jpg

poor baby......

NBAFan7
01-14-2004, 12:29 PM
This is pretty funny, Kobe is 3 times the player that any Mav is yet u got guys who hate on him for personal reasons unknown to me. Of course the guys hurt, he's not like a Dirk who sits out games with sore ankles and playoff games at that. Look closer to your own players b4 talking about others, especially 1 of the top 5 legit players in the league. I've heard people mention Dirk as top 5, or top 10. Yea right, he's not even top 20 right now. Hilarious.........

kg_veteran
01-14-2004, 12:38 PM
This is pretty funny, Kobe is 3 times the player that any Mav is yet u got guys who hate on him for personal reasons unknown to me.

It's really annoying when you get accused of "hating" on a player just because you make fun of them. Sometimes they deserve to be made fun of. And this is one of those instances.

Did you read what OP and ReDIRK said? Those are people who have actually sustained a separated shoulder, and their point is that a person who has separated their shoulder or severely injured it doesn't want to let it hang, they want to hold it and support it. Take a look at the pictures posted in this thread. He's letting his arm just hang there. Pretty good objective evidence.

I'm not even going to bother arguing with you about your statement about Kobe being "3 times the player that any Mavs is". That's irrelevant to this thread. It could be Tim Duncan or Shaquille O'Neal or Michael friggin' Jordan. If they run around faking/exaggerating an injury, I'll start mocking them, too.

Of course the guys hurt, he's not like a Dirk who sits out games with sore ankles and playoff games at that.

Dirk didn't sit out a playoff game with a sore ankle, goofball. He sat out playoff games with a knee injury. He also went right back into a playoff game after having his front tooth knocked out. He's played with an assortment of injuries throughout his career. Trying to compare Kobe to Dirk injury-wise just makes you look silly.

Look closer to your own players b4 talking about others, especially 1 of the top 5 legit players in the league. I've heard people mention Dirk as top 5, or top 10. Yea right, he's not even top 20 right now. Hilarious.........

KG: Objection, irrelevant.

Judge: Sustained.

NBAFan7
01-14-2004, 12:50 PM
yea kobes really faking or exaggerating it, especially with the news that he's out 2 weeks at the min huh? are you serious, this is too friggin funny for me. I assure you, Kobe has played in more games banged up than Dirk has. agreed? I remember watching the mavs playoff game last year, and they said it was possible that dirk could play. well, in the conference finals if kobe can walk he's goin out there to help his team get to the finals. some players just have a competitiveness to them that others lack obviously.

and on the ankle, just so used to missing games with sore ankles, got confused. my apologies

NBAFan7
01-14-2004, 12:55 PM
not to mention the fact that Kobe has had an shoulder injury before, its pretty much safe to say he knows how bad or good it is. He let his arm hang, I've seen other athletes do the same thing, mainly football players. everyones injuries aren't the same, Kobe let his arm hang. big deal, did that mean the injury was any worst or better? I don't think so, with the news of him goin on IR, its pretty safe to say the guy wasn't faking or exaggerating. He was seriously injured, Kobe don't miss games or go out of games with minor injuries like some.

kg_veteran
01-14-2004, 02:24 PM
yea kobes really faking or exaggerating it, especially with the news that he's out 2 weeks at the min huh? are you serious, this is too friggin funny for me. I assure you, Kobe has played in more games banged up than Dirk has.

First, we're talking about Kobe. Dirk is irrelevant.

Second, the reason he's on the injured list, from what I can tell, is that he complained of pain in his shoulder. The MRI and plain film x-rays appear to have come back negative. I'll admit that he might not be faking it, but having seen the injury occur and hearing the objective findings by the doctor, it's certainly possible that he is faking/exaggerating the nature of the injury.

I remember watching the mavs playoff game last year, and they said it was possible that dirk could play. well, in the conference finals if kobe can walk he's goin out there to help his team get to the finals. some players just have a competitiveness to them that others lack obviously.

You keep wanting to make this about Dirk, don't you?

I've never heard of an instance where Kobe had trouble walking but played anyway. Enlighten me.

Kobe's a great competitor for the most part; no doubt about that. Still, I think it's humorous that you so cavalierly deny any possibility that he might just be taking a little break here until the posse gets back.

Shaq Attack2
01-15-2004, 05:21 AM
I'll admit that he might not be faking it, but having seen the injury occur and hearing the objective findings by the doctor, it's certainly possible that he is faking/exaggerating the nature of the injury.

Really, how's that? In case you're wondering, Kobe's injury was diagnosed as a sprained shoulder, not a dislocated shoulder.

Murphy3
01-15-2004, 07:40 AM
He may actually be legitimately injured. However, with his cry-baby ways in the past, he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt with many people.

dirno2000
01-15-2004, 08:47 AM
I'm pretty sure he's as hurt as he says he is for two reasons:

1) He played with a bunch of scrubs last year while Shaq sat; and that was before Payton arrived.

2) With Shaq and Malone out, he could get all the shots he wants. For Kobe to be passing up shots, his arm must be killing him.

Could be guilty of over scowling to make himself look like a tough SOB? Sure, but he won't be the 1st or last great athlete to do that. #22 was a master at it and Jordan didn't exactly downplay his stomach virus in the finals against Utah.

Murphy3
01-15-2004, 09:19 AM
I don't think that over-selling an injury or an illness is by any means remotely as associated with MJ or emmitt as it is with Kobe. He is perhaps the worst about exaggerating his injuries to make himself look better in the history of professional sports.

OutletPass
01-15-2004, 10:34 PM
Orginally posted by KG:
"The MRI and plain film x-rays appear to have come back negative."

--KG...Here's the thing with this injury...from what I've read on ESPN and some other places...it's a sprain of the AcromioClavicular joint...the exact thing that I hurt.

Mine was a grade 3 separation which means that the ligament at that joint was completely torn...all the way through. And that requires some nasty surgery...they had to drill holes through the bones and tie it all together in my case.

A grade 2 separation means that the ligament is partially torn.

A grade 1 separation (which kobe supposedly has) means that the ligament wasn't torn at all...just stretched a bit. Since nothing shows up on an MRI (like a tear)...the Doctors can only surmise that the tendon has been stretched slightly. So it's almost "diagnosis by absence" if you follow me.

Itt's a VERY uncomfortable injury when you have a tear...there's just no position that's comfortable. I was doing marathons and triathlons when mine happened and I met a lot of other athletes in rehab who went through the same thing...

With this type of injury, your first instinct is to cup your elbow with your opposite hand in order to support it...

In fairness to kobe, I didn't see HOW this injury occurred...I just saw the still photos...but it seems strange to let your arm hang like that....that position hurts like a son of a bitch, I promise you.

A typical grade 3, like mine, happens in the NFL a lot...if you see a QB get sacked and go down directly on his shoulder...sort of "shoulder first"...the ligament litterally explodes.

Edit: I just noticed that Doc has posted a really good discussion of the injury in the other thread that discusses kobe's injury.

ReDIRKulous
01-15-2004, 11:18 PM
My injury happened in a motorcycle crash on a city street. Where I lived at the time there was a trolly that runs on the street... hence there are trolly tracks embedded in the street. The tracks run in the same direction that the cars travel.

So I was crossing these in the rain and the back wheel slid out and I was thrown over the front of the bike and my shoulder took the brunt of a 40 mph impact. The wet asphalt probably helped me a bit due to sliding when I hit the ground. But when I got up to move my bike out of the road to prevent it from getting hit by a car my right arm no longer worked. It was like it was paralyzed. When I attempted to move my arm there was just tremendous pain and then when I realized that trying to lift my arm was what was causing the pain I let it hang limp WHICH caused twice as much pain so then I instinctually used my left arm to hold my right arm as if it was a baby and I was cradling it to take the pressure off the stretched ligament.

The injury felt like this for at least 3 weeks to a month. It is as if you have no muscles in your shoulder anymore. It is just useless.

So having gone through all that... when I see Kobe writhing around in pain... then go shoot three freethrows with the same shoulder... then leave his shoulder hanging at his side... then come back in the game and lift his arm above his head while playing defense... then leave it hanging there again... I call total BS.

Kobe mgiht ACTUALLY be injured.... but I know it isn't his shoulder... but from what happened this summer we know kobe isn't always forth telling about his injuries. Neither are the LAkers for that matter. They said Malone would only be gone like 3 days when they knew he would be out much longer.

Damage control.. It is all about damage control.

dirno2000
01-15-2004, 11:26 PM
Is there anyone on the board who hasn't had this injury yet? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

mcsluggo
01-16-2004, 10:26 AM
I don't think that over-selling an injury or an illness is by any means remotely as associated with MJ or emmitt as it is with Kobe. He is perhaps the worst about exaggerating his injuries to make himself look better in the history of professional sports.

I was with you until this point...

But Emmit Smith is CLEARLY the alltime master in all of sports in overplaying his own injuries. Hands down.

At his current trajectory, Kobe may yet become the all time greatest. But at this point in their respective careers Kobe is a mere grasshopper bowing at the feet of the true sensei. (spelling?)

madape
01-16-2004, 10:29 AM
Danny Forton sat out a game this month with a chipped tooth. What's next, broken nail?

Murphy3
01-16-2004, 11:02 AM
I really don't remember Emmitt even being nicked up much as a Cowboy. There was the game against the giants where he injured his shoulder.... hmm...can't say that I can agree with you McSluggo

Lonely PSU Mavs Fan
01-16-2004, 11:03 AM
I agree with Dirno. I think Kobe is selfish enough that he would LOVE playing with everyone else out, he would not want to miss getting as many shots as possible. Thats why i think he is actually hurt. As for OP and reDIRK, they certaintly know about their injuries but maybe Kobe has a different type of injury. I know i have hurt my shoulder and it was fine when i would let it hang but when i would lift it up it would hurt like crazy. I am not saying i am right and they are wrong but maybe the doctor said the injury was a strain or dislocation because it would be too hard to explain the real injury to an AP writer. BUt i think the most telltale sign that he is injured is that he is such a ball hog he would never VOLUNTARILY stop playing.