PDA

View Full Version : Is this man that stupid?

mavsfan7
01-13-2004, 08:54 PM
Im sorry to be opening a new thread as my first post but I thought this needed to be started. im pretty sure everyone here will get a little chuckle out of this horrible article. I have been reading all the posts on this site for a long time and I really enjoy everyones opinions. I just hope I can be accepted. Thanks.
This is an article out of Golden State. I wish I could go tell him where to put this cause this is ridiculous garbage

A voice from courtside

It isn't like the Warriors to take advantage of a desperate rival when it comes to making a deal.

Now's the time to throw the nice-guy image off the bridge.

The Mavericks indeed are desperate. They're floundering and rumors are flying.

There's talk of trading for Rasheed Wallace, but who are they kidding? The Mavericks don't need another forward. They need another guard.

Like the Warriors, the Mavericks wish they had the off-season to do over again. That's because they never would have traded for Antawn Jamison if they'd known they subsequently would be getting Antoine Walker.

That same type of bad timing haunted the Warriors' summer. They spent $10 million on Speedy Claxton, not knowing they'd eventually be getting Nick Van Exel, relegating their initial acquisition to a backup role.

You know Don Nelson would love to get Van Exel back. So now's the time for Garry St. Jean and the boys to start dangling.

Bring Jamison back straight-up for Van Exel? Sorry, not enough.

Get Mark Cuban to throw in

$3 million (the maximum allowed in trades)? C'mon, they can do better than that.

Add impressive rookie Josh Howard to the mix? Now you're talking.

No doubt, there would be hesitation on the Warriors' part to reacquire Jamison, but getting Howard would more than make up for that.

The bottom line to the two deals would be: The Warriors dump Danny Fortson's big contract and exchange Jiri Welsch for Howard.

That would be one of the club's best moves of all time.

Start dangling, Garry.

-- Dave Del Grande

http://www.oaklandtribune.com/Stories/0,1413,82%257E10844%257E1887983,00.html

Misfit Mav
01-13-2004, 09:01 PM
Wow, that is dumb.

"Hey, remember that shirt I bought from you for $20 dollars? Want to give me 50 bucks for it?"

grndmstr_c
01-13-2004, 09:13 PM
I have not the words. That's so stupid it has actually brightened my day. Thank you mavsfan7.

MightyToine
01-13-2004, 09:40 PM
Like the Warriors, the Mavericks wish they had the off-season to do over again. That's because they never would have traded for Antawn Jamison if they'd known they subsequently would be getting Antoine Walker.

HUH? i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

Umm...the Mavs didn't have to trade for Walker. This guy makes it sound like the Mavs were GIVEN Walker as a throw-in when they obtained Jamison.... i/expressions/rolleye.gif

Moron.

LoveMyMavs14
01-13-2004, 10:35 PM
Without the Jamison trade, the Mavs would not have had neither Jiri Welsch nor Chris Mills, both of which were key to the trade. Jiri for his potential, Mills for his ending contract. I guess this guy didn't bother to do his research.

Chiwas
01-13-2004, 11:07 PM
If only we could undo all off season trades. i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

Nah, there was only one mistake.

(Thanks, mavsfan7, and welcome. Keep posting)

Simon2
01-13-2004, 11:14 PM
All the trades were "no brainers". Talentwise, the Mavs got away with murder. The only problem is that Nellie keeps on changing up the lineups and he's playing people out of position. Nellie shouldn't try to be too gimmicky right now since everyone is just trying to "gel" with each other. Not being consistent with lineups and rotation is just making it harder for players to adjust to the new scheme, team and strategy.

MightyToine
01-14-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by: Chiwas
If only we could undo all off season trades. i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

That one mistake being that we let RAJA BELL AND AVERY JOHNSON LEAVE!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

(I know you were thinking the Walker trade but I think THIS is the worst mistake, IMO)

Simon2
01-14-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by: MightyToine

Originally posted by: Chiwas

That one mistake being that we let RAJA BELL AND AVERY JOHNSON LEAVE!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

(I know you were thinking the Walker trade but I think THIS is the worst mistake, IMO)

I still don't understand why they let Raja go. He seemed like he contributed a lot last year. Maybe AJ can come back as a coach? I think he's the best fit right now. It won't upset too many players and it will save face if Nellie gets fired.

Cybertx
01-14-2004, 02:16 PM
well he wanted more money and dallas didn't want to pay more than they offered so he wen to another place and honestly it was better for him here he still would no play enough time

XERXES
01-17-2004, 08:31 AM
Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. He should lose his job. I have a newfound appreciation for dfw sports journalism.