PDA

View Full Version : Yao Ming

Misfit Mav
01-14-2004, 08:23 PM
Yao Ming is working on a big night in Boston. 19/7 at the half. He must have heard that silly talk on ESPN about how opponents have "figured him out." Hey, I've figured him out too! He's 7'6" and incredibly skilled!

Murphy3
01-14-2004, 08:50 PM
Yeah...It's amazing. Boston has chosen to double Houston's guards up top quite a bit living Yao virtually wide open for a lay up or slam for many of the points. What is Boston thinking?

Honestly, I'd say that Shawn Bradley would have 15 points at the half if given the same opportunities. Boston's defense in the first half makes Dallas' defense look more and more like the Pistons of the late 80's.

Misfit Mav
01-14-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Yeah...It's amazing. Boston has chosen to double Houston's guards up top quite a bit living Yao virtually wide open for a lay up or slam for many of the points. What is Boston thinking?

Honestly, I'd say that Shawn Bradley would have 15 points at the half if given the same opportunities. Boston's defense in the first half makes Dallas' defense look more and more like the Pistons of the late 80's.

I'm just following the game online, but it looks like Boston must have made some changes. Yao didn't score in the third.

But how does a guy who goes 9-10 in the first half for 19 get only one shot in the third? And we complain about Dirk getting frozen out of the offense!

Murphy3
01-15-2004, 01:02 AM
Boston literally wasn't even guarding Ming on several of the possessions in the first in which he scored on. He had wide open slams because Boston chose to double Houston's guards. It was absolutely bizarre to see a team make such horrible decisions defensively from the head coach on down.

Dirkenstien
01-15-2004, 11:15 AM
im surprised hes actually beginning to slam it...good to see though